Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Tejano Jawg on 10 Feb 2018
  • I've always loved the Winter Olympics—the atmosphere, the drama (the first one I watched was 1976 in Innsbruck Austria, with the great downhill run by Franz Klammer), and the surprise upsets (our 1980 Gold Medal Hockey team).

Let the games begin.

And, here's the Canadian curling team.
  • #2 by Inhogswetrust on 11 Feb 2018
  • We attended the one in Salt Lake City. Best trip we ever made. Highlight was getting to attend the medal ceremony when the USA swept one of the snowboard events. We were lucky enough to get tickets about 50 feet away from the stage. Seeing all three flagpoles having the US flag raised up them brought a tear to my eyes. You might be shocked as to one event that surprised us as to how much fun we had going to see.  It was curling and the US team was competing right in front of us. Couldn't have been over 25 feet away. I thought it would be like golf and had to be quiet. After a beer or two I was yelling at that damn rock sliding down the ice like everyone else! Crowd was loud.
  • #3 by Mo_Better_Hogs on 11 Feb 2018
  • We attended the one in Salt Lake City. Best trip we ever made. Highlight was getting to attend to medal ceremony when the USA swept one of the snowboard events. We were lucky enough to get tickets about 50 feet away from the stage. Seeing all three flagpoles having the US flag raised up them brought a tear to my eyes. You might be shocked as to one event that surprised us as to how much fun we had going to see.  It was curling and the US team was competing right in front of us. Couldn't have been over 25 feet away. I thought it would be like golf and had to be quiet. After a beer or two I was yelling at that damn rock sliding down the ice like everyone else! Crowd was loud.

That's cool. Would love to go to a Winter Olympics, nice excuse to drink a hot toddy. The sports are so fascinating to watch. One reason people thing that--they are sports that are more 'foreign' to us. And who would have thought curling could be a wild, furious sport?? LOL.

T-Jawg, that pic of the Canadian curling team--I want to party with those ladies. I saw highlights of the Canadian women's hockey team killing Russia today. They were amazing, but don't think I'd want to party with them.

Where the heck is everyone else? Is no one watching the Olympics? Are you guys Americans or Commies?   ;)
  • #4 by DOGALUM on 11 Feb 2018
  • I'm still watching. Can't get enough....summer or winter. 
  • #5 by Tejano Jawg on 13 Feb 2018
  • Yesterday…skating. There are some hotties from Canada (one looks like a Kardashian without the 2-ton booty) and Russia. The Russians have been doing ice skating and ballets for centuries, of course they'll be good and good looking. Our US team won the bronze medal.

American Jamie Anderson wins gold in slope-style snowboarding, upsetting Austrian favorite Anna Gasser—the hottest snowboarding girl ever with a goofy name (pictured below.) The winds blowing during the event were WILD.

Also, Chris Mazdzer won a silver in the luge (first medal for us in the solo luge), an event dominated by those countries that invented sleds, like Germany.

Today, Chloe Kim won the women's halfpipe. In the men's halfpipe, Shaun White qualified with a ridiculous run. Not medaling in the last Olympics must've really pissed him off.
  • #6 by Mo_Better_Hogs on 13 Feb 2018
  • I see a trend here--with the pictures--and I like it. BTW, maybe the biggest performer for us in the 76 Winter Olympics you mentioned was Dorothy Hamill.
  • #7 by Tejano Jawg on 13 Feb 2018
  • SHAUN WHITE…is the man! Damn, that half-pipe final had drama.

• #8 by ArkyFan2626 on 16 Feb 2018
  • It was pretty wild.
  • #9 by Tejano Jawg on 18 Feb 2018
  • I see a trend here--with the pictures--and I like it. BTW, maybe the biggest performer for us in the 76 Winter Olympics you mentioned was Dorothy Hamill.

Here you go. DH definitely had it going on. Not a big fan of that short hairdo, but back then I probably didn't care.
  • #10 by HawgWild on 18 Feb 2018
  • DirecTV is broadcasting live Olympic coverage for 6 hours each day on one of their 4K channels.
Pages:
Actions