Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Speed

Started by stahawg, February 10, 2018, 01:02:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

liljo

Quote from: TexHog188 on February 12, 2018, 07:56:54 pm
Chavis said something to the effect that if a fast player doesn't know where to go, then he just gets out of position faster. In that case it is just as good to have a smart player that is well coached and knows how to position himself to stay in the play and make a tackle. Still, better yet to have fast players that are well coached.

Love this! I think Coach Chavis is 'bout to put some well-coached speed on the field.  I see a future with guys in the Billy Ferrell mode are just owning the LOS, freeing up LBs that make plays sideline to sideline. I foresee a very strong front-four gradually developing depth. Actually, an excellent front-seven. And a big hitter safety to go with excellent speed at the corners. Sooner or later teams will get themselves in a 3rd and 12, must pass situation. What's that comin' off the edge!!! Yet another DE full of quick-twitch. Not to mention what the Ferrell Hogs do when OLinement are back in' up to form a pocket. That's what they call, at minimum, QB hurries. Gonna see a lot of those. Add a rover type DE-LB hybrid absolutely cleaning up loose ends.  Oh, say a Randy Ramsey type guy.

Coach Chavis says "we Will affect the QB."  I'm pretty sure he's got something up his sleeves that has been very analyzed and reasoned through by guys whose careers will be affected by the outcome. I got faith. Bunker down, Hog fans, and tusk up.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

bphi11ips

Quote from: liljo on February 12, 2018, 09:42:39 pm
You, sir, have great reason to be very proud of that young man. Go Matthew!

I am very proud of him, thanks.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

arkansas proud77

I read a link about foucha when he was a sophmore.  Bac.WTk the

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: TexHog188 on February 12, 2018, 07:56:54 pm
Chavis said something to the effect that if a fast player doesn't know where to go, then he just gets out of position faster. In that case it is just as good to have a smart player that is well coached and knows how to position himself to stay in the play and make a tackle. Still, better yet to have fast players that are well coached.

Excellent and developed technique (practice doesn't make perfect, practice with an eye on and a goal of mi-nute perfection makes perfect) makes an enormous difference and that practice with that goal and that attitude by virtue of coaching, can make all the difference in the world. JMO
Go Hogs Go!