Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by rzrbkman on 07 Jan 2018
  • IMO, it was The Spoiler. I used to see a lot of his matches on Georgia Champioship Wrestling in the 70's and 80's and I still re watch a lot of his matches on YouTube. He had great ring and physical skills and his ability to walk the ropes was 2nd to none. Yes, there were other great masked wrestlers out there but none as great as The Spoiler in my opinion.
  • #2 by jbcarol on 08 Jan 2018
  • Prince Puma was doing great work under the mask.

Pentagon Dark and King Cuerno are also entertaining.

Jushin Thunder Liger and Rey Mysterio are all-time greats.

• #3 by husker71 on 11 Jan 2018
  • Mr Wrestling (I or II??)  was a big deal in Georgia during the 70s and 80s and his turning on Magnum TA.  Before that Doctor X was a great villain in the 60s.  Don't forget when they kicked out Dusty Rhodes and the next week a masked guy who sounded just like and looked just like Dusty appeared on the scene   The Midnight Ryder
  • #4 by Jones3744 on 11 Jan 2018
  • Mr Wrestling (I or II??)  was a big deal in Georgia during the 70s and 80s and his turning on Magnum TA.  Before that Doctor X was a great villain in the 60s.  Don't forget when they kicked out Dusty Rhodes and the next week a masked guy who sounded just like and looked just like Dusty appeared on the scene   The Midnight Ryder

Or how about Stagger Lee AKA The Junkyard Dog
  • #5 by rzrbkman on 11 Jan 2018
  • I enjoy talking about all various masked wrestlers BUT my question was, in your opinion, who was the best. Which masked wrestler, not as a brief gimmick, but which one actually was the best, his mask was his identity and he was a great wrestler as well.
  • #6 by Skandar Jackson on 13 Jan 2018
  • Mr. wrestling ii who was actually Dean Smith.  Not many people know that.
  • #7 by pigasaurus on 13 Jan 2018
  • Or how about Stagger Lee AKA The Junkyard Dog
    THIS!
  • #8 by TheRazorback500 on 16 Jan 2018
  • I would say Rey Mysterio.
  • #9 by riccoar on 17 Jan 2018
  • Or how about Stagger Lee AKA The Junkyard Dog
    "I was standing on the corner"
    Thread over.
  • #10 by thebignasty on 17 Jan 2018
  • La Parka was a lot of fun.
  • #11 by husker71 on 18 Jan 2018
  • If you go to Wiki and type in Doctor X wrestler it is hard to believe that very many masked men had a better career than him.  Also went by the name the Destroyer.  Many championships and wrestled around the world and was very popular in Japan.
  • #12 by TheRazorback500 on 27 Jan 2018
  • Mil Mascaras helped found the lucha libre movement out of Mexico back in the 60s. He was a predecessor to the masked wrestlers we know of today.
Pages:
Actions