Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cotton Bowl?

Started by longtimeHogfan, December 30, 2017, 09:08:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimeHogfan

Ok, so I've been under a rock.  But when did they start playing the Cotton Bowl on the 29th instead of New Year's day?    ???
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

LRRandy

Quote from: longtimeHogfan on December 30, 2017, 09:08:39 am
Ok, so I've been under a rock.  But when did they start playing the Cotton Bowl on the 29th instead of New Year's day?    ???
since it became part on the New Years 6 group of bowls. The Fiesta and Orange are also not on New Years day this year. The day the games are played will rotate based on if it is a playoff game or not. They spread the big bowl games out over a few days for maximum TV exposure  I would guess.
This is fun, isn't it.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: LRRandy on December 30, 2017, 09:47:18 am
since it became part on the New Years 6 group of bowls. The Fiesta and Orange are also not on New Years day this year. The day the games are played will rotate based on if it is a playoff game or not. They spread the big bowl games out over a few days for maximum TV exposure  I would guess.

Well, duh....that was a Bella Vista moment. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.