Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Feherty quotes

Started by GolfNut57, August 16, 2017, 11:51:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

David Feherty, CBS GOLF COMMENTATOR

He said one  day, "It would be easier to pick a broken nose, than a winner in that group."
Feherty is a CBS and Golf Channel announcer, who finds unique, colourful and uninhibited ways of explaining or describing whatever is on his mind... (probably always on time delay these days).

Feherty Quotes:

* "Fortunately, Rory is 22 years old so his right wrist should be the strongest muscle in his body."

* "That ball is so far left, Lassie couldn't find it if it was wrapped in bacon."

* " I am sorry Nick Faldo couldn't be here this week. He is attending the birth of his next wife."

* Jim Furyk's swing "looks like an octopus falling out of a tree."

* Describing VJ Singh's prodigious practice regime - "VJ hits more balls than Elton John's chin."

* "That's a great shot with that swing."

* "It's OK - the bunker stopped it."

* At Augusta 2011 - "It's just a glorious day. The only way to ruin a day like this would be to play golf on it."

* "That was a great shot - if they'd have put the pin there today."

* "Watching Phil Mickelson play golf is like watching a drunk chasing a balloon near the edge of a cliff."

* "That green appears smaller than a Pygmies' nipple".

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

RagingHawgOn

Some gems in there! I love Feherty.

onebadrubi

He's got a million  More too.   Guy is just good at it

Jackrabbit Hog

His best are the ones he just comes up with off the top of his head.  My favorite was a few years ago.  Somebody was looking at a putt that was obviously hard to read.  Faldo said it has to go right.  Kostas said no, it has to go left.  The guy putts and it comes up 6 inches short.  Feherty immediately says, "Well, most importantly it has to go forward."
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

sowmonella

I just hope his sons recent suicide doesn't put him back on a bad road.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: sowmonella on August 17, 2017, 07:48:55 pm

I'll second that.  David has fought demons himself.  He's an alcoholic who doesn't mind talking about his struggles.  In fact, the episode from a couple of years ago with Tom Watson was really great because they talked about it and how instrumental Watson was in getting Feherty into recovery. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 18, 2017, 07:51:48 am
I'll second that.  David has fought demons himself.  He's an alcoholic who doesn't mind talking about his struggles.  In fact, the episode from a couple of years ago with Tom Watson was really great because they talked about it and how instrumental Watson was in getting Feherty into recovery. 

You mean like this quote about himself, "I didn't quit drinking because I was a bad drunk. I quit because I was a spectacular drunk. It got to be like a video game, where you get to the highest level and it's not even a challenge any more."
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sowmonella on August 17, 2017, 07:48:55 pm

I believe he has that far enough behind him with enough supportive people around him that this wont happen.  He has done a spectacular job at being open about his problem and I htink that helps him in two ways, one it helps him talk about it and two it makes EVERYONE around him aware of it.  So now he has more support and help than ever before.  He also has talked about his pledge to Jack and Tom about staying sober and I think that pledge to those two guys mean more to him than just about anything. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on August 18, 2017, 07:51:48 am

He just recently told the story in full, I am not sure which episode.  It is actually a GREAT story and it pretty much ended with Jack saying, I have a G6 and you will be on that plane to get help.  And I believe Watson and his family put up Fehertry for the length of him getting better.  Just really good people.  He also has other really good people around him that truly want to see him be a good person, he attributes his wife to being a major one often. 

Boarcephus

Watching the Tour Championship today and Webb Simpson has played well but lost his driver the last couple holes.  He's getting ready to tee off on 14 of a double on 13 and Feherty says "He's terrorized the squirrel population the last couple holes".
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HognitiveDissonance

After watching an incredible Tiger Woods shot in his prime
"Never has my flabber been so completely gasted."