Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 28, 2024, 01:52:05 pm

I'm Coming Home!

Started by welchog, August 19, 2015, 06:58:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

welchog

August 19, 2015, 06:58:20 am Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:10:15 am by welchog
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but I wanted to reach the masses.

I'M COMING HOME!!!  After 26 years in the military that took me all over the globe, 5 years in college and 2 in HS in our northern border state, I am finally coming back to my sweet home...ARKANSAS!!!  And not just any town either...FAYETTEVILLE!!!   I have been a Hog fan since I was a young pup in the 70s.  I was born in Conway and grew up on the banks of the Mammoth Spring River.  My first attended Razorback game was watching our Hogs dismantle OU in the '78 Orange Bowl.

My family and I should be settling in sometime in early February 2016.  If happiness were money, I'd be a zillionaire! 

:razorback: WPS!!! :razorback:

Lanny

Good for you.  Welcome back
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

SultanofSwine

Thank you for your service and welcome home

HAWG MAFIA

Thank you for your service! Welcome home, WPS

grayhawg

BorderPatrol

hoglady

Happy for you!!
And thank you so much for your service to our great country.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

PonderinHog

to ?

Name that tune!

Welcome back, welchog!

Doug

26 years? Holy... you're not my cousin, Chris, are ya? (he did 20+... and is now working for a private contractor... doing his old job... and making nearly 2x as much). DoD - Analyst type stuff. :)

Gratz on the 26 year career (rather unusual to hear of now).
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hog Fan from Camden

Thanks for you service and welcome home!

gmarv

after 26 years out in the wasteland welcome back to the promiseland.

Yamahog

Quote from: hoglady on August 19, 2015, 07:18:27 am
Happy for you!!
And thank you so much for your service to our great country.

That sums up my feelings perfectly.

jimmiewkersh

Welcome back home.  I served as a minister for over 24 years and when I finally got the choice of where to land, I chose Home over the Smokies, Rockies and my second home East Texas.

SoCal Hog

Welcome home.  :razorback:
Most of our friends agree that I married better than my wife did.

goodguytex

Welcome home Welch. No better place to call home than the Home of the Razorbacks. And thank you very much for your service and sacrifice for our country.

snoblind

thirrdegreetusker

My dad did 20; I was born on an air base. The only drawback to settling in NWA was, under the rules/regs of that time, we could go on any military base, and get free medical for the whole family (parents, plus five sons).

But NWA got no military base, anywhere close. Fortunately, no sickly kids, so we got through it.

pigture perfect

Truly, there is no place like home.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hawgey-Davidson

Welcome home. Alot of changes up here in 26 years. Thanks for your service.

Rockinghog

Thank You for your service and have a great retirement!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: welchog on August 19, 2015, 06:58:20 am

I’M COMING HOME!!!  After 26 years in the military that took me all over the globe, 5 years in college and 2 in HS in our northern border state, I am finally coming back to my sweet home…ARKANSAS!!!  And not just any town either…FAYETTEVILLE!!!   I have been a Hog fan since I was a young pup in the 70s.  I was born in Conway and grew up on the banks of the Mammoth Spring River.  My first attended Razorback game was watching our Hogs dismantle OU in the ’78 Orange Bowl.

My family and I should be settling in sometime in early February 2016.  If happiness were money, I’d be a zillionaire! 

Welcome back and thanks for your service.  I know we've been on at least two Hog boards together over the years, maybe three. 

wholehog92

Welcome back.  You may not recognize northwest AR if you have been away 26 years.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

flynhog

Welcome home!  Nothing better than coming home or retiring from the service.  Two reasons to be proud!  WPS!
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.

welchog

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 19, 2015, 09:56:59 am
Welcome back and thanks for your service.  I know we've been on at least two Hog boards together over the years, maybe three. 

Yeah I remember you.  Been a long time.  Seems like you were in the service as well?  Marine?

MrsThree

I'M COMING HOME!!!  After 26 years in the military that took me all over the globe, 5 years in college and 2 in HS in our northern border state, I am finally coming back to my sweet home...ARKANSAS!!!  And not just any town either...FAYETTEVILLE!!!   I have been a Hog fan since I was a young pup in the 70s.  I was born in Conway and grew up on the banks of the Mammoth Spring River.  My first attended Razorback game was watching our Hogs dismantle OU in the '78 Orange Bowl.

My family and I should be settling in sometime in early February 2016.  If happiness were money, I'd be a zillionaire! 

WELCOME HOME!

JIMMY BOARFFETT

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

BPsTheMan

that's awesome man!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Congrats! I'm envious. Appreciate your service!
Let's make some waves.

DeltaBoy

Thanks for your service and Welcome Home.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

acey33

Thank You for your Service and WPS!!!

OS2 (SW) Razor Back

Thank You for your service. Welcome back.
The Giants win the penent!!!!!The Giants win the penent!!!
Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the Earth.
I can't believe what I just saw!!!!
Down goes Frazier!!!! Down goes Frazier!!!
Do you believe in miricles?!?!?!

KlubhouseKonnected

Congratulations, welcome home and thank you for your service to our nation.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

OLDHOG

Welcome home and bless you for your service.

OLDHOG

Quote from: GirlHog on August 19, 2015, 01:51:05 pm
I'm jealous....married a Louisiana guy, he's an only child, his mother lives in Louisiana....you know where this is going....BUT, congrats on your move home!
You could always divorce him and move back home, well maybe not.

HOGGISHABOUTAR

Congrats! and I am very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very JEALOUS.

GolfnHog

Welcome home Welch and thank you for you and your family's service to all of us. Still have the awesome cutting board your Dad made for me and it's used about every day.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Hawgzinbowlz

Thanks for your service.

Fayetteville is a nice landing location.

" GO HOGS "

EastexHawg

Quote from: welchog on August 19, 2015, 10:26:30 am
Yeah I remember you.  Been a long time.  Seems like you were in the service as well?  Marine?

Oh, no!  Were you on the old HogBoard run by Angie?  If so, you're not mistaking me for the Marine on there, are you?

We've all heard of the Greatest Generation.  I was born into the Luckiest Generation.  Vietnam was already over by the time I turned 18 and registered for the draft and I was in my 30s by the time Desert Storm started.  I've never served.   

welchog

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 19, 2015, 02:48:48 pm
Oh, no!  Were you on the old HogBoard run by Angie?  If so, you're not mistaking me for the Marine on there, are you?

We've all heard of the Greatest Generation.  I was born into the Luckiest Generation.  Vietnam was already over by the time I turned 18 and registered for the draft and I was in my 30s by the time Desert Storm started.  I've never served.   

Yeah, my mistake.  It was the Hogboard and I did confuse you with the Marine.  Sorry for that.  Wonder whatever happened to Angie (and the board)?

welchog

Quote from: GolfnHog on August 19, 2015, 02:38:00 pm
Welcome home Welch and thank you for you and your family's service to all of us. Still have the awesome cutting board your Dad made for me and it's used about every day.

And thank you for treating them to the game.  I still wear the shirt and hats on occasion.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: EastexHawg on August 19, 2015, 02:48:48 pm
  I was born into the Luckiest Generation. 

My birth year was the last one they drafted from. My draft number was 318 out of 366 (leap year).

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard

AirForceHog

I can't wait for this day! only about a year to go.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

Dirty

hoghevn

Thank you for your service and welcome home!!
Einstein - "The difference between genius and stupdity; genius has limits."

(notOM)Rebel123

Congratulations! First & foremost, thank you for your service to our country.
Secondly, the "banks of the Mammoth Spring River"? Would that be the northern stretch in Fulton County bordering Thayer, Mo or down near Hardy in Sharp County? Very, very familiar with those old stomping grounds.
Welcome home!
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

JIHawg

I’M COMING HOME!!!  After 26 years in the military that took me all over the globe, 5 years in college and 2 in HS in our northern border state, I am finally coming back to my sweet home…ARKANSAS!!!  And not just any town either…FAYETTEVILLE!!!   I have been a Hog fan since I was a young pup in the 70s.  I was born in Conway and grew up on the banks of the Mammoth Spring River.  My first attended Razorback game was watching our Hogs dismantle OU in the ’78 Orange Bowl.

My family and I should be settling in sometime in early February 2016.  If happiness were money, I’d be a zillionaire! 

Congratulations!  Sounds wonderful!

reddogjcss

Welcome home and thank you for your service

flagstaffhog

From  one Vet to another, well done, and welcome home.

Go HOGS Go!
Go HOGS Go!

welchog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on August 19, 2015, 08:48:36 pm
Congratulations! First & foremost, thank you for your service to our country.
Secondly, the "banks of the Mammoth Spring River"? Would that be the northern stretch in Fulton County bordering Thayer, Mo or down near Hardy in Sharp County? Very, very familiar with those old stomping grounds.
Welcome home!
Yes, I grew up in the town of Mammoth Spring.  My Dad was born and raised in Ash Flat.  His brother still lives there.