Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Les Miles showed “unbelievable sweetness” for ESPN reporter Holly Rowe

Started by jbcarol, February 15, 2016, 07:56:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

ESPN reporter Holly Rowe was noticeably absent from LSU's campus on National Signing Day earlier this month.

One person that couldn't help but notice was LSU coach Les Miles.

Miles was aware that Rowe would not be attending the team's signing day event this year as she underwent surgery for a tumor, and his concern for the ESPN reporter was made abundantly clear.

QuoteThese are people who don't know much about me personally but on a basic human level they are concerned about you," Rowe detailed to SI.com's Richard Deitsch.

"What has blown me away is that you feel like this is just a job but then comes this recognition that they appreciate you as a human being. Les Miles found out earlier than most because I was at LSU for a game and let people know I would not be at Signing Day because of surgery. He called me five or six times the day before Signing Day to ask when I was going in and what he could do. Just unbelievable sweetness."

Rowe's account of Miles' generosity comes almost two weeks removed from her colleague, Marty Smith, attending LSU's signing day event in her stead.

Then, Miles also conveyed his concern for Rowe, which Smith documented on Twitter.

"Super classy of Les Miles to send well wishes to Holly Rowe," Smith said. "She is beloved across the sporting landscape."

Rowe told Deitsch she received 244 text messages, in addition to the calls from Miles.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Holly Rowe ‏@sportsiren 6h6 hours ago

An Apple a day keeps Doctor away! Very kind, SWEET get well package from Nick & Terry Saban Thank you! @AlabamaFTBL

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Holly Rowe ‏@sportsiren

Laughing so hard,hurts my stitches. Pick me up gift from @brittneygriner of COURSE it's bacon.You are a delight BG!

jbcarol

Holly Rowe ‏@sportsiren Feb 18

Cookies make everything seem better. Thanks @TheACC commish John Swofford I had a ball sharing w/ folks at hospital!

jbcarol

AP Top 25 ‏@AP_Top25 30m30 minutes ago

ESPN's Holly Rowe returns after cancer surgery: http://apne.ws/1Tj76NY

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Holly Rowe ‏@sportsiren 8h8 hours ago

Huge thank you to all the teams and coaches at the #WCWS You will not find better people in sports than those in college softball. #classy

jbcarol

DeltaBoy

My Wife had a Cancer scare this Summer and had surgery I pray like my wife Holly is well and it good to see her on the sidelines again.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Vantage 8 dude

Putting aside her "celebrity" status, we should all pray for Holly's recovery and hope she's once and for all able to overcome her cancer.