Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pretty good tribute to Piper tonight

Started by BigSexyHog, August 04, 2015, 03:09:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSexyHog

Never was a big fan of his but he was one of the all time greats.  Props to WWE
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Jim

I liked the video the first time but with the library of stuff the WWE has on Piper (and on all these wrestlers), how about a montage / clip of some of their greatest matches?  Piper was one of the best over-the-top heels / characters and other than wearing his "Hot Rod" shirts, it'd have been cool to have seen RRP in action instead of some 4 way tag match.  *yawn*

The glaring issue I have with their "tribute" (and I guess I should cut the WWE a bit of slack) is the obvious omission of any of his Hogan matches.  I think we should view HH as a character only and let Terry Bolea hang out to dry and as such, show that legendary Piper's Pit where Hogan & Andre have their trophy comparisons and HH's chain gets snapped off his neck.  The "you're bleeding" line from Piper was so schleppy but so good. 

Still, it's sad to see all these old classic wrestlers pass on and it was nice for the WWE to recognize him.  Didn't hurt that Ronda Rousey dedicated her 34 second beatdown to the Rowdy One either.

who knows

I like the tributes but I think they could do better...to me with the passing of Dusty Rhodes and Piper so quickly...I think WWE should be bringing the legends back a little more often other than these "old school Raws"
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

DeltaBoy

Sad that this summer we lost Dusty and the Piper
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.