Quote from: RD on January 25, 2015, 09:54:16 pm
Thank God Wrestlemania is only 9.99 now

Awful ending at the RR. Just terrible.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Razorbackmedic

Didn't watch who won? I see Bubba Ray did show up, any more?

RD

Quote from: TomasPistola on January 25, 2015, 09:55:30 pm
Awful ending at the RR. Just terrible.
Philly is letting them know it too. They should've known better. I am sure Paul Heyman even warned Vince/HHH/Steph.

2 years in a row. Royal Rumble winner is Booed out of the building and now we are stuck with a shite Wrestlemania Main event.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Razorbackmedic on January 25, 2015, 09:57:53 pm
Didn't watch who won? I see Bubba Ray did show up, any more?

Roman won. It was a terrible finish.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

TomasPistola

Quote from: RD on January 25, 2015, 09:58:34 pm
Philly is letting them know it too. They should've known better. I am sure Paul Heyman even warned Vince/HHH/Steph.

2 years in a row. Royal Rumble winner is Booed out of the building and now we are stuck with a shite Wrestlemania Main event.

Was I mistaken or was there a "We want refunds" chant?
You were right.
You did a great job.

Doug

Just got reports that the cancellation page for the WWE network has crashed.

People are seriously pissed.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Hogwop

Reigns just isn't ready. I'm not surprised they screwed it up tho, it's kinda their MO
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

who knows

Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

The_Iceman

I don't mind the finish. Having Daniel Bryan face Lesnar would have been embarrassing. Especially after the way they have built him up.

They should have just held out Bryan until after the Rumble so the fan base didn't hijack the show like they did last night.

It's a shame the fans are ruining a much deserved moment for Roman Reigns.

hvsupastar

Could they have possibly been going for a double switch?  Lesnar came out looking like a hero and Reigns got booed out of the building.  Now they are opponents
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

jbell96

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 26, 2015, 06:37:06 am
I don't mind the finish. Having Daniel Bryan face Lesnar would have been embarrassing. Especially after the way they have built him up.

They should have just held out Bryan until after the Rumble so the fan base didn't hijack the show like they did last night.

Bryan vs Lesnar would've been embarrassing? Punk & Daniel Bryan are about the same size and Punk vs Lesnar tore the house down at Summerslam 2 years ago. Think it is safe to say you are way off base with that assumption.

I feel bad for Roman because it's not his fault he's being put into a position he's not ready for. When you can't get a pop with the Rock endorsing you? That's bad.

The_Iceman

Quote from: jbell96 on January 26, 2015, 11:15:54 am
Bryan vs Lesnar would've been embarrassing? Punk & Daniel Bryan are about the same size and Punk vs Lesnar tore the house down at Summerslam 2 years ago. Think it is safe to say you are way off base with that assumption.

I feel bad for Roman because it's not his fault he's being put into a position he's not ready for. When you can't get a pop with the Rock endorsing you? That's bad.

Punk was a much better technical wrestler than Bryan, IMO. I just can't picture Daniel Bryan, who came back from injury out of shape, being a good fit against Lesnar at Wrestlemania, despite what the fans think.

Also, I don't think Bryan fresh off of some pretty serious injuries would be a good matchup against Lesnar. The WWE would be risking one of their hottest stars leaving WM31 with an injury that might sideline him another 6 months.

Ragnar Hogbrok

In my opinion, bringing Sting into the storyline is the only thing that will bring the WWE out of its current funk.  They've pretty much screwed themselves on storylines and matches/outcomes with the current roster.

Is Sting currently in contract negotiations with WWE?  He can't just come out and point at HHH all nefariously and then not show up again for weeks...can he?

Whatever WWE does, I hope it works.  I know pro wrestling ebbs and flows in popularity, but with only one major organization and it being a publicly traded company, I'm not sure how this pans out.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Hogwop

Quote from: hvsupastar on January 26, 2015, 08:34:27 am
Could they have possibly been going for a double switch?  Lesnar came out looking like a hero and Reigns got booed out of the building.  Now they are opponents

I never thought about that, but it seems unlikely to me. Although I think that making Roman heel and giving him a mouthpiece (bring back cornette!) could help him, a la Brock and Heyman. It's easier to be the bad guy, you have more wiggle room with what you can do. I don't see it happening though, but then again you never know. It just seems to me like they've been banking on Reigns being this big babyface successor to Cena. I hope they don't completely ruin him by giving him such a strong push so early, it's happened before.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

Hogwop

Quote from: The Chief on January 26, 2015, 12:45:55 pm
In my opinion, bringing Sting into the storyline is the only thing that will bring the WWE out of its current funk.  They've pretty much screwed themselves on storylines and matches/outcomes with the current roster.

Is Sting currently in contract negotiations with WWE?  He can't just come out and point at HHH all nefariously and then not show up again for weeks...can he?

Whatever WWE does, I hope it works.  I know pro wrestling ebbs and flows in popularity, but with only one major organization and it being a publicly traded company, I'm not sure how this pans out.

As far as I know Sting has already come to terms with WWE, hence his few appearances lately. I can't imagine them letting him come out on their show without him signing a contract, which I imagine was a Legend's contract. I assume we'll get the Stinger vs Trips at 'Mania. All I know for sure is seeing Sting wrasslin' in  WWE ring is going to be a trip for sure.
Pigga what?!

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 26, 2015, 06:37:06 am

Absolutely agree.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Jim

I've heard thru the Busted Open show on XM that apparently, the downpouring of boos caught VKM by surprise.  Though that might have been the case initially, I see RR as champ / main eventer now as Vince's defiant middle finger to the fans, especially those who have all canceled their WWEN subscription.  He's already gone on record stating they are not pro-wrestling anymore but sports entertainment.  I see him digging in his heels, just like he's done with Cena, and will use this to continue the not-so-subtle transition away from pro wrestling.  He's needing more "fan friendly, superhero-esque, eye candy", again like Cena, and as "imposing" as RR seems, he fits this bill to a T.

Just my op.

toshortrock

Bryan is fat and out of shape,,bring vince back,,tired of HHH and his wife out there every monday,,make Brock show up more than once a month,,,it has been terrible,,
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////