Started by TomasPistola, January 25, 2015, 09:09:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Hogwop

Of course they did. They've been dying to see DB win the RR for 2 years now and keep getting screwed out of it.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

jbcarol

WWE Royal Rumble 2015: Results and observations from the show

What leaves me so perplexed is how the WWE could have the Royal Rumble, arguably the company's No. 2 pay-per-view behind only WrestleMania, turn into another rebellion by the fans. Not once but twice. In the same state no less.

QuoteAnd like last year, the fans voiced their displeasures with the final results of the show in the arena and on social media. But the fans raised the stakes a bit this year.

That's because fans attempted to hit the WWE in the pocket by canceling their WWE Network subscriptions. Apparently, so many people were heading to the page that it crashed, not allowing people to go through with their cancellation.

The hashtag "CancelWWENetwork" was the No. 1 trend on Twitter at some point. Even if only a few of those fans actually canceled their subscriptions that may be enough to get the WWE's attention, as they cannot afford to lose any subscribers.

In the arena, the fans demanded refunds as they dejectedly filed out of the Wells Fargo Center. Obviously, the WWE didn't refund any fans and nor should it, but it's never a good to have fans asking for their money back.

It's also not good to have 90 percent of the fans shaking their heads in disbelief on their way home.

Not even The Rock could save Reigns from getting booed out of the building. I guess the WWE expected the fans to just believe Reigns is cool simply because of his association and relation to The Rock?

As soon as Daniel Bryan's feet hit the floor, the air just came out of the Wells Fargo Center. It was as if the arena took one big, collective sigh at the thought of Bryan not winning the Royal Rumble again.

From then on, almost everyone (with the exceptions being Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler) that came from behind the curtain caught Philadelphia's wrath. People were booing essentially throughout the rest of the show, including when The Rock came out.

I expected Brock Lesnar to receive a hero's welcome at the Wells Fargo Center Sunday night and the Philadelphia fans did not disappoint.

But if you just watched that match in a vacuum, you would have thought Lesnar has been the top babyface in the WWE for a while.

The entire angle with Lesnar being nearly stretchered out of the match, only to make a miraculous comeback is something that's done to put over a babyface, not a beastly heel.

Lesnar's babyface reactions are in direct contrast to his opponent at WrestleMania, Roman Reigns. In one night, the WWE managed to make its monstrous heel look like a good guy and the guy it wants to be its top good guy moving forward into a bad guy.

Kind of overshadowed by all of the fans' vitriol coming out of the Royal Rumble was the show-stealing performance from Seth Rollins.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Bill Simmons        ✔ @BillSimmons
The city of Philly just tipped over the Roman Reigns bandwagon and set it on fire.
10:57 PM - 25 Jan 2015
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbell96

It is such a shame that such an awesome title match got followed with a giant turd sandwich of a Rumble.

The_Iceman

The problem with Daniel Bryan is he is a much bigger commodity for the WWE when he is chasing the title, but not so much as the Champion. I think he needs to start a feud with Rollins, then have Rollins cash in on either Lesnar or Reigns at WM31, and have Bryan get the title at Summerslam.

jbell96

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 26, 2015, 12:22:56 pm
The problem with Daniel Bryan is he is a much bigger commodity for the WWE when he is chasing the title, but not so much as the Champion. I think he needs to start a feud with Rollins, then have Rollins cash in on either Lesnar or Reigns at WM31, and have Bryan get the title at Summerslam.

I'd love a Rollins vs Bryan feud, although it's not fair to say that he's a bigger commodity chasing the title. He only had the belt for a month, then he got hurt, and was booked horribly being paired with his charismatically challenged wife & Kane.

Richard_white

i have to agree, Roman isnt ready. Not compared to DBry, Ambrose, Rollins and Bray Wyatt. They should have turned Roman heel the same time as Rollins.

Will the WWE have another 3 way main event again?  I hope not.

Eddie Goodson

Twenty something fans are a scourge. The only mistake WWE made is continuing to do PPVs in Philadelphia.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

The_Iceman

We all know what is going to happen at WM31. Reigns will win, and then Rollins will cash in, setting up the Rollins v. Reigns feud.

If Lesnar isn't returning to WWE, he won't leave WM31 as champion. The other option is for him to win, and Rollins to cash in on him, curb stomping him, and then Paul Heyman aligning with Rollins.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 26, 2015, 04:39:00 pm
We all know what is going to happen at WM31. Reigns will win, and then Rollins will cash in, setting up the Rollins v. Reigns feud.

If Lesnar isn't returning to WWE, he won't leave WM31 as champion. The other option is for him to win, and Rollins to cash in on him, curb stomping him, and then Paul Heyman aligning with Rollins.

I would like to see Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins at WM for the brief case.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

TomasPistola

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on January 26, 2015, 04:42:32 pm

I thought Cena pinning Rollins then Brock beating the hell outta Cena then Rollins cashing in would have been interesting. WWE could get another brutal match outta Cena/Brock and Reigns or whomever vs. Rollins in the championship match would be more unpredictable than Reigns vs. Brock which most everyone agrees Rollins will win. But hell, what do I know?
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on January 26, 2015, 04:42:32 pm

That would be a good match, but I think Rollins walking away from the Rumble with the Title would generate some serious Heel heat on the Title it hasn't had in a long time. I think fans actually kind like Lesnar, but Rollins with the title, especially if he taunts Bryan with it, would be great.

jbcarol

On a financial front, the WWE may have suffered a bit from having to postpone its show in Hartford, Conn. Monday and cancel its show scheduled in Boston Tuesday.

But in hindsight, Mother Nature rearranging the company's travel plans may have been a blessing in disguise.

Quote...instead of a full-fledged show with matches and bad comedy Monday, the WWE was forced to think on the fly and film the entire show from its world headquarters in Stamford, Conn.

Where that helped the WWE the most was during the final segment involving Reigns, Lesnar and Paul Heyman.

Heyman did most of the talking, as he should have, and did a masterful job of turning at least some of the angry mob of fans into believers that a match between Reigns and Lesnar was worthy of being in the WrestleMania main event.

At least on this night, there was a spark of excitement created for that match. Lesnar and Reigns did their jobs and good business was done.

As for the show itself, everything was done in a controlled environment and people got to see these performers in a more serious, realistic tone...

WWE stock was down 0.26 at 10.22 as of Noon Tuesday.

Hogwop

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 27, 2015, 09:09:12 am
That would be a good match, but I think Rollins walking away from the Rumble with the Title would generate some serious Heel heat on the Title it hasn't had in a long time. I think fans actually kind like Lesnar, but Rollins with the title, especially if he taunts Bryan with it, would be great.

Rollins is doing some great work since his turn. The guy is money on the mic and in the ring. Because of that I hope they don't decide to try to change him into a babyface too early, his heel work is fantastic.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

BigSexyHog

Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

Eddie Goodson

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

Completely serious. Daniel Bryan is what he is inspite of Vince.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 02, 2015, 09:18:41 am
Completely serious. Daniel Bryan is what he is inspite of Vince.

Except he's been that way from day 1. 
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

jbell96

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 01, 2015, 02:02:19 am
Bryan sucks.  Always has, always will.

He main evented Wrestlemania last year and had 70,000 people cheering his win. But yeah, he sucks. #eyeroll

Hogwop

Quote from: jbell96 on February 03, 2015, 02:23:47 pm
He main evented Wrestlemania last year and had 70,000 people cheering his win. But yeah, he sucks. #eyeroll

Dude his favorite wrassler is one of the lowest drawing champs in WWE history and one that ran WCW into the ground, of course he doesn't like smaller guys like DB.
Pigga what?!

jbell96

Quote from: Hogwop on February 03, 2015, 02:47:46 pm
Dude his favorite wrassler is one of the lowest drawing champs in WWE history and one that ran WCW into the ground, of course he doesn't like smaller guys like DB.

Oh I know, but when I see something as asinine as that, it is hard for me not to respond.

The_Iceman

I like Daniel Bryan. I think he is super over with the fans. What I don't like is for him to come off a major injury, looking out of shape and a little flabby, and all of a sudden jump right into the WWE Title picture.

I also don't like the idea of Bryan facing Lesnar, a man who has been built up like no other champion in recent history, particularly with his destruction of John Cena at Summerslam. Am I supposed to believe Daniel Bryan can actually defeat Lesnar at WM31?

hvsupastar

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2015, 03:10:55 pm
I like Daniel Bryan. I think he is super over with the fans. What I don't like is for him to come off a major injury, looking out of shape and a little flabby, and all of a sudden jump right into the WWE Title picture.

I also don't like the idea of Bryan facing Lesnar, a man who has been built up like no other champion in recent history, particularly with his destruction of John Cena at Summerslam. Am I supposed to believe Daniel Bryan can actually defeat Lesnar at WM31?

As opposed to Roman Reigns beating him? I think Daniel Bryan is more believable. There is nothing Roman can do that Brock can't do better  but DB can do this game neither one can.

Richard_white

If Lesnar is coming back after mania, I can not see DBry going over at mania.  Now if Lesnar does in fact leave for UFC, I can see it. 

who knows

I'm not so sure Bryan gets over on Reigns...I think WWE might have reigns win to make it look like Reigns Royal Rumble win was legit... so Vince can throw it back in the fans face. ..
Quote from: Ftsmithmike on October 07, 2011, 03:56:29 pm
This is what Game Day should look like.

RD

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 01, 2015, 02:02:19 am
Bryan sucks.  Always has, always will.
LOL this post

Daniel Bryan is the most "over" person in the business since Stone Cold Steve Austin. Daniel Bryan has created an era of his own. "The Yes Era"

BigSexyHog

I don't get why ya'll think DB is so great.  He is a major spare.  His stick is stupid, his chants are stupid and his in ring skills are horrible.  Thankfully I have stopped watching over the past 2 years.  Ya'll can have him. 

TheRazorback500

I was hoping Rollins would have beaten DB to set up a major scrap between he and Reigns at Fastlane. DB has zero chance against Lesnar.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 06, 2015, 12:42:23 pm
I don't get why ya'll think DB is so great.  He is a major spare.  His stick is stupid, his chants are stupid and his in ring skills are horrible.  Thankfully I have stopped watching over the past 2 years.  Ya'll can have him. 
No fan of Kevin Nash should ever, and I mean EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER, knock any other wrestler's in ring skills.

Hogwop

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 06, 2015, 06:31:19 pm
No fan of Kevin Nash should ever, and I mean EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER, knock any other wrestler's in ring skills.

Nice, I agree. I wish Nash fans would just shut the hell up  ;)

But really, I don't really have a problem with Nash, but to say DB sucks is a little ridiculous. He's the Benoit of the 2010s. Little guy, not a great talker, but winning the crowd over with his technical skill.
Pigga what?!

Dr. Starcs

Way more charisma than Benoit and way less homocidal tendencies hopefully.

Hogwop

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on February 06, 2015, 09:49:27 pm
Way more charisma than Benoit and way less homocidal tendencies hopefully.

Well, obviously. I kinda figured that was a given.

He may have more charisma than Benoit but he's still the little guy and he's got that whole underdog thing that Chris had going until he finally broke through. I'm not saying they're exactly alike, they've both been in the same type of situation though.
Pigga what?!

BigSexyHog

BigSexy Kevin Nash is and always will be awesome.  One of the all time greats and it's not even close with Danielson....

Doug

Mr. 4 moves Nash vs. a darned sound TECHNICAL wrestler...

Give me Danielson any day of the week, please.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Eddie Goodson

Kevin Nash isn't in the top fifty all time let alone one of the top of all time.

HogScoutMaster

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 03, 2015, 03:10:55 pm

this
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

hvsupastar

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on February 08, 2015, 08:24:11 pm
Kevin Nash isn't in the top fifty all time let alone one of the top of all time.

Depends on your criteria. Nash is certainly a top 50 draw and a top 10 most influential. But probably not in the top 300 based on wrestling ability

Eddie Goodson

Right. I am refering to a top ten alltime wrestler.

SwinerBock

Switching gears.... Bray Wyatt's promos the last few weeks have been gold.  The scuttle is that they are wheeling UT out for one last WM match.

Eddie Goodson

hvsupastar

Quote from: SwinerBock on February 10, 2015, 11:07:21 pm
Switching gears.... Bray Wyatt's promos the last few weeks have been gold.  The scuttle is that they are wheeling UT out for one last WM match.

Takers last match with Brock wasn't bad.  The Mania before that with CM Punk was the best match on the show.  I don't see what it would be considered wheeling him out there as if he's Hulk Hogan in 2005.

jbell96

Problem with Taker's match with Brock was he got a concussion early in the match. I think the build up for this will be great, but nothing good can come out of this match. If Bray wins, who cares, Taker lost last year, if Taker wins, a 50 year old guy just beat one of the top young stars in the company.

SwinerBock

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 11, 2015, 08:59:07 am
Takers last match with Brock wasn't bad.  The Mania before that with CM Punk was the best match on the show.  I don't see what it would be considered wheeling him out there as if he's Hulk Hogan in 2005.
Poor choice of words on my part, I guess.  Simply meant they appear to be bringing him back for another WM.  I think it would be a decent storyline to put Bray over even more as a big bad meanie.  Would have more significance though if UT hadn't lost to Brock last year.

Jim

Quote from: SwinerBock on February 10, 2015, 11:07:21 pm

That's all I can come up with based on Wyatt's latest series of promos.  The nail he was twirling around in his hand last night looked eerily like the nails used in the UT's logo.

Agree with the assessments above as to whether or not UT goes out a winner or ends it all at 21-2.

hogsanity

Quote from: Jim on February 17, 2015, 09:19:09 am
That's all I can come up with based on Wyatt's latest series of promos.  The nail he was twirling around in his hand last night looked eerily like the nails used in the UT's logo.

Agree with the assessments above as to whether or not UT goes out a winner or ends it all at 21-2.

I think he comes back in 2016 for a retirement match in Arlington too.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

The_Iceman

hvsupastar