Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wrestling With Death

Started by Torqued pork, January 14, 2015, 10:33:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Torqued pork

Arkansas' contribution to reality tv premiered last night on WGN.

It's about an Osceola family that operates a funeral home by day and are wrestlers by night. You get embalming scenes with this jewel of a show.

Did anyone catch it?

The Boar War

Yep.  Took some penicillin.  Cleared right up.

Torqued pork

Quote from: The Boar War on January 14, 2015, 10:58:07 am
Yep.  Took some penicillin.  Cleared right up.
Well, it probably won't dethrone Duck Dynasty, but it has potential. They need a hotty or two on the show, though...preferably a lesbian couple.

Boll Hawg

Started watching it with my kids.  When they started the embalming process the wife made me shut it off. 
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

SwinerBock

I just do not get reality tv.  Or scripted reality tv.  At all.  I literally feel brain cells dying off if I watch even one second of it.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: SwinerBock on January 14, 2015, 01:23:03 pm
I just do not get reality tv.  Or scripted reality tv.  At all.  I literally feel brain cells dying off if I watch even one second of it.

Then you're drinkin' too much while you're watching I reckon....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

SwinerBock

Quote from: DLUXHOG on January 14, 2015, 01:48:52 pm
Then you're drinkin' too much while you're watching I reckon....
I wish it were the alcohol

Rev. Jerry Falwell

If that show's done in Osceola, shouldn't it be called "Wrasslin' With Death"????

No Offense to Osceolians

Rev
Goats are handy...milk, cheese, mower, fertilizer, sex toy, BBQ.  They're like the swiss army knife of animals.......you can quote me on this....

clutch

Quote from: SwinerBock on January 14, 2015, 01:23:03 pm

I just don't see how they find people like this. A funeral home owner that also wrestles, let's make a show. I know they didn't make these people up because I actually know them. Just can't figure out how a tv producer found them. Especially in a town like Osceola.

Jackrabbit Hog

I know a lawyer in Jonesboro who used to wrassle in the Mid-South.  Half of a tag team known as the Cadillac Brothers.  He's still practicing law, but I'm not sure he still wrassles.  Says his greatest claim to fame was getting body slammed by Jerry Lawler one night.

Honest injun.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

SwinerBock

Quote from: clutch on January 14, 2015, 03:51:37 pm
I just don't see how they find people like this. A funeral home owner that also wrestles, let's make a show. I know they didn't make these people up because I actually know them. Just can't figure out how a tv producer found them. Especially in a town like Osceola.
Someone local aspiring film maker probably thought it was a great idea, approached the family about making a few pilot episodes, then pitched the series idea to some production companies / networks.  That's the approach someone took down here in El Do last year about a tv show based on a local family-owned tire service company.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Blasingame is all mixed up with these folks.  where do you think they got the idear?

Torqued pork

WGN is showing the first two episodes again tonight. WPS!