Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CM Punk on Colt Cabana's Podcast

Started by hvsupastar, November 29, 2014, 09:03:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hvsupastar

If you haven't heard yet CM PUNK has spoken.  The podcast covers a lot of stuff that happened since CM Punk resigned with WWE after the infamous "Pipe Bomb" up to his firing, yes his firing, from WWE.  Stories include things like Ryback intentionally injuring him, to a staph infection that the doctor refused to treat, to his being fired on his wedding day.  Art of Wrestling with Colt Cabana, it's awesome.

Now with that being said, Vince McMahon is coming up on the Steve Austin Show podcast this Monday... So the question is did WWE get wind of the CM Punk airing out dirty laundry, or are both sides playing everyone for a payday in the distant future.  What do you think?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

Punk is a bitter bitter guy who is done with wrestling. He isn't working an angle. As soon as AJ Lee is out of contract she will be done as well.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

zane

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 30, 2014, 07:20:16 am
Punk is a bitter bitter guy who is done with wrestling. He isn't working an angle. As soon as AJ Lee is out of contract she will be done as well.

Agreed- no way this is an angle or be turned into one. Punk is done-for good.

I don't see any circumstance that he returns to the business in any form or fashion.
RIP LSUfan

TomasPistola

Punk saved his money. He doesn't need to wrestle anymore because he wisely (like Jericho and precious few others) had interests outside wrestling but used his popularity to open those doors. He can get paid for doing Talking Dead, showing up at Comic Cons and other stuff and he's all good.

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

WWE Chairman and chief executive officer Vince McMahon apologized to former wrestler CM Punk (real name Phil Brooks) Monday during an interview with Steve Austin on the Steve Austin Show podcast.

QuoteAmong the things that drew CM Punk's ire toward the WWE was the fact that he received his termination papers from the company on the day of his wedding back in June.

CM Punk believed that it was a strategic move on the WWE's part. McMahon apologized for that on Monday during his interview with Austin and said that it was a pure coincidence.

McMahon also said that the reason why the working relationship between CM Punk and the WWE went sour was due to a lack of communication and that he hoped the two sides could come back together on amicable terms.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hvsupastar

I know he says he's done and he's convinced you guys he's done.  I just don't believe that we won't at least get a WM match out of him in the future.  I don't care how good of a money saver he was during his career, several hundreds of thousands of dollars for a few nights and one match is something that someone who is "Frugal" can't pass up.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

TomasPistola

Quote from: hvsupastar on December 03, 2014, 08:13:06 am
I know he says he's done and he's convinced you guys he's done.  I just don't believe that we won't at least get a WM match out of him in the future.  I don't care how good of a money saver he was during his career, several hundreds of thousands of dollars for a few nights and one match is something that someone who is "Frugal" can't pass up.

On the other hand some of his main frustrations were with losing to the "part timers". He seems like a pretty principled guy, not sure he'd be that hypocritical as to do the same to someone else.
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Eddie Goodson

I believe the only way we ever see him in a ring again is if Jeff Jarrett hires Colt Cabana and they talk him into a run or two there. He won't do TNA because it has issues. He won't ever do WWE as long as HHH is calling shots on personel. I could totally see Punk, AJ Lee, and Colt all three giving JJ the instant boost he would need to gets his deal going. 
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

pigsooie4life

Read an article the other day that said there is mutual interest between the ufc and cm punk. Would be interesting to see how he faired there and if his career took a path similar to Brock lesnar's.

hvsupastar

Cm Punk would be a big money maker for UFC for 1 fight like Kimbo Slice. Other than that, I can't see him being any good. Lol

Eddie Goodson

Especially since I don't think he'll get anyone to just lay there while he jumps off the cage with an elbow.

TomasPistola

Quote from: pigsooie4life on December 06, 2014, 01:23:12 am
Read an article the other day that said there is mutual interest between the ufc and cm punk. Would be interesting to see how he faired there and if his career took a path similar to Brock lesnar's.

I'd see him as a commentator. I really feel like WWE missed the boat on him as a color guy. Well spoken, knows how to move a storyline forward. Could have been gold.
You were right.
You did a great job.

pigsooie4life

The Ufc announced tonight on the ppv that they have signed him to a multi-fight contract.  He is expected to make his debut next year at either middlweight or welterweight,  dependingon how eeasily he can cut weight. Should be interesting to watch him fight. 

hvsupastar

Well there it is. I'm excited to see it anyways!

Eddie Goodson

This will be big for ufc if they book him right. Feed him a couple guys he can beat before throwing him to wolves.

hvsupastar

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on December 07, 2014, 12:22:46 pm
This will be big for ufc if they book him right. Feed him a couple guys he can beat before throwing him to wolves.

I'm not sure there is anyone currently in ufc he can beat. They'd better sign the green power Ranger, he'd been calling punk out awhile now

jbcarol

Quote from: pigsooie4life on December 06, 2014, 09:37:02 pm
The Ufc announced tonight on the ppv that they have signed him to a multi-fight contract.  He is expected to make his debut next year at either middlweight or welterweight,  dependingon how eeasily he can cut weight. Should be interesting to watch him fight. 

When Phil "CM Punk" Brooks said that he didn't want anything to do with wrestling, he apparently meant it.

That's because the former WWE Champion has agreed to a deal to become a fighter in the UFC. He made the announcement during the broadcast of UFC 181.

QuoteThe ex-WWE superstar is expected to make his debut in the octagon in 2015. The weight class Brooks will compete has yet to be determined. He said that he will most likely join the middleweight division, but there is a possibility of him becoming a welterweight.

"My professional wrestling days are over, it's awesome to be here," Brooks said. "This is something I've wanted to do for a long time."

During his time in the WWE, Brooks, 36, practiced Brazilian jiu-jitsu and has even trained with black belt Rener Gracie. Brooks would make his love of Brazilian jiu-jitsu known by wearing Gracie hoodies to the ring for some of his matches.

"I have a background in kempo and I've been doing Braziian jiu-jitsu for a long time," Brooks said. "This is my new career, 100 percent. I'm going to go full steam ahead, all systems go after today, and it's going to be fun. I have nothing but respect for everybody here at the UFC, everybody who steps into the octagon to fight. And when it's all said and done, when I'm finished, everybody's going to have to respect me because I have come here to fight."