Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

From Wrestling Legend to Double Amputee, Kamala Keeps Fighting

Started by jbcarol, November 20, 2014, 09:04:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Gary Parrish @GaryParrishCBS  ·  21 hours ago

Here's @JasonKingBR on Kamala the Ugandan Giant: http://ble.ac/1qs0yPO  (PS: Kamala lives just a few miles from me.)

QuoteSENATOBIA, Miss. — The day after they cut off his leg, James Harris' screams echoed through the halls of Baptist Memorial Hospital.

Doctors upped the dosage on his anesthetics, and Harris' wife, Emmer, tried to calm him by clutching his hand. Nothing worked. Throughout the day and into the night, Harris wailed in agony as nurses stood at his bedside, pleading with him to stop.

"You can't keep yelling like that," one of them said. "There are other people in this hospital, too."

Harris' voice quivered.

"Those other people," he sobbed, "aren't hurting like me."

"He was the kind of guy you had nightmares about," longtime wrestling commentator Jim Ross says. "But out of the ring, you couldn't find a more beautiful person."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

HogScoutMaster

Great Read! I guess I never knew he lived 45 minutes from me lol
"A week of camp life is worth six months of
theoretical teaching in the meeting room."

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.