Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Del Rio released

Started by SwinerBock, August 08, 2014, 12:23:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SwinerBock

Cant find the button to start a new thread, so.....

Del Rio was released.
http://www.wwe.com/inside/alberto-del-rio-released-26553840

Big Papa Satan

The rumor flying around is that it was over an allegedly racist comment someone made, with ADR slapping that person.

husker71

I did not hear the racist part but I have heard he slapped another employee evidently one who worked with social media.

Supermark101

It's all a work. He'll be back. LWO LWO LWO

I have no idea...The twitter comment posted by WWE about it really pisses me off though.

Eddie Goodson

No way all the facts are out about this. I cannot see a tweet from WWE like they did with just the facts we are hearing. There is more to this story.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

hvsupastar

I do have a feeling it is some sort of a work.... Or. Maybe with all of the budget cuts they are just looking for an excuse to cut some mid card guys
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

Eddie Goodson

What I have seen is that the WWE simply does not believe Del Rio's story of what was said. The other guy says the issue was over a promo Del Rio was trying to record earlier in the day. This is not the first time Del Rio has caused this type problem. The last time was with Sin Cara. They looked past it partly because Sin Cara was in the doghouse and Sin Cara is another wrestler. The current lawsuit against the Big Show and the WWE has put the WWE in the position to error on the side of the victim when this stuff arises.
"I already won the lottery. I was born in the US of A, baby. And as backup, I have a Swiss passport." — Creed Bratton

Dr. Starcs

Guess I missed it.  What lawsuit with the Big Show?

Eddie Goodson

Big Show and WWE being sued by former employee who says Wight roughed him up doing a promo for WWE.com.

jbell96

This isn't a work. The guy said something racist about Hispanics, Del Rio confronted him and demanded an apology, he refused & smirked, then ADR slapped him.

As wrong as it was for that guy to say something racist, you can't slap a co-worker, especially one that works in the social media department.

Big Papa Satan

jbcarol

Del Rio gave his side of the story on a Mexican morning show

Confirmed that he slapped another employee at catering.

Claims Vince at first told him all is well after some correction, HHH later called to inform him he was fired.

Claims he was going to leave after his contract expired due to the tough touring schedule.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: jbcarol on August 19, 2014, 11:05:35 am
Del Rio gave his side of the story on a Mexican morning show

Confirmed that he slapped another employee at catering.

Claims Vince at first told him all is well after some correction, HHH later called to inform him he was fired.

Claims he was going to leave after his contract expired due to the tough touring schedule.
This no compete crap is going to bite WWE in the rear. If they were going to fire him, fine. Let the man go his way and be done with it.

I'll never understand how a no compete clause for a terminated employee is legal to start with. I can understand if you give someone the choice of severance and no compete term or no severance and immediate compete ability.

Del Rio can just go home and do what he wants. He was going to do just that until they told him they were going to extend for a year. Del Rio will make them look really bad if he sues considering they terminated him and not the other guy.

Supermark101

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on August 19, 2014, 04:01:46 pm
This no compete crap is going to bite WWE in the rear. If they were going to fire him, fine. Let the man go his way and be done with it.

I'll never understand how a no compete clause for a terminated employee is legal to start with. I can understand if you give someone the choice of severance and no compete term or no severance and immediate compete ability.

Del Rio can just go home and do what he wants. He was going to do just that until they told him they were going to extend for a year. Del Rio will make them look really bad if he sues considering they terminated him and not the other guy.

Yeah I have never understood that either, or how you can sign an "Independent Contractor" to a contract to began with. By definition they should be able to go anywhere at any time. Thee WWE is so shady for a public company it is ridiculous.

It has been challenge in court though. Raven led a suit a few years back, and it got thrown out.

jbcarol

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Alberto Del Rio will reportedly be doing media appearances in the United States soon to go into more details about what happened with his WWE departure.

QuoteDel Rio's representatives have contacted indie wrestling promoters in the US and said that Del Rio will be taking bookings for autograph signings and matches in the US very soon because he doesn't feel that WWE's one-year non-compete that keeps him from doing MMA and pro wrestling, while not paying him, will hold up in court. Del Rio's asking price for indie bookings is said to be extremely high.

It was also reported by those close to the situation that when Triple H called Del Rio about the departure, he told Del Rio to keep his nose clean and when the heat died down, they would re-hire him in 6 months. Del Rio said he wasn't interested in coming back. Top stars including Big Show, Randy Orton and John Cena all told Del Rio that they would push for him to be re-hired because most of the locker room was sympathetic to what had happened. Again, Del Rio made it clear he didn't want to come back.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net