Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Most Unsung Wrestling "Heroes" of All Time

Started by Hogwop, June 23, 2014, 12:03:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwop

http://whatculture.com/wwe/20-unsung-heroes-wrestling-history.php

So I was feeling nostalgic the other day and I stumbled upon this list, and thought it was a pretty good read. Even when I didn't agree with someone, they were at least able to make a good case for them being there. I figured some of you guys would want to read this, there it is.

Do you all agree with their choices? Who would you consider one of the most unsung wrestling heroes of all time?

I would put DDP in there somewhere. I know, I know, he's got his fans, but I'm not sure he gets the credit he deserves. He was a key cog in WCW, their "people's champion", but I think his yoga and lifestyle has helped a ton of guys that are out of wrestling, and even those still getting in the ring.

I was glad to see Bam-Bam get a mention, I was always a big fan of his.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

pignutz

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Michaelt

Who was the big guy that always got beat up by the heroes...Mike Stone or Mike Sharp...something like that...

big bulky awkward fella...

Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: Michaelt on January 23, 2015, 12:45:16 pm
Who was the big guy that always got beat up by the heroes...Mike Stone or Mike Sharp...something like that...

big bulky awkward fella...

Yes-Iron Mike Sharpe.

Chic Donovan was another unsung prelim wrestler.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

hogfan1003

The_Iceman

This name wont be popular, but one name I think of is Kane. Think about how many matches that guy has wrestled in. How his mask and evil persona helped put over many wrestlers. He also had the connection with the Undertaker that was awesome in the Attitude Era.

His Debut was awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgGHNLSw4NE

Hogwop

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 23, 2015, 02:58:07 pm
This name wont be popular, but one name I think of is Kane. Think about how many matches that guy has wrestled in. How his mask and evil persona helped put over many wrestlers. He also had the connection with the Undertaker that was awesome in the Attitude Era.

His Debut was awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgGHNLSw4NE

Nah, man, I'm with you on that
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.