Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

March 19, 2024, 05:31:46 am

Don't look now, but...

Started by Busta_Nutt, February 06, 2018, 10:22:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Busta_Nutt

we're tied with little brother just one day from NSD.

Pig in the Pokey

not even close to tied in any of the metrics that actually matter. Our average is way higher. like, they average a 2 * and we average a 3*.

Also, blame Bert if you mad.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

steveaustin69

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 06, 2018, 10:29:50 am
well, we are 56th and ASU is 83rd, so this whole thread is BS af.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

Pretty wild stuff that 247, Rivals, and ESPN recruiting rankings differ. Who woulda thought?

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 06, 2018, 10:25:08 am
not even close to tied in any of the metrics that actually matter. Our average is way higher. like, they average a 2 * and we average a 3*.

72 is 72 is 72. Can't spin this, Porkey.

SemperHawg

We all knew this was coming, can't sign enough dudes this year to give us a chance since they grade off of a 25 scale.  If you took the average star rating of each of our commits so far and threw out the total number metric, we'd be right about where we always are in the 25 to 35 range.

Even with the very few we are taking this year the numbers are still going to have to "work themselve's out".  Just a bi-product of the $hit sammich that Coach B left behind where we have too many guys on schollie and still somehow lack depth in areas.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 06, 2018, 10:22:38 am

I blame bielema. He's like an illness whose side effects just wont go away even if the sickness has already been purged
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Which recruiting service is this? Ive seen far to many discrepancies to take anyone other than 247 seriously
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on February 06, 2018, 10:47:14 am
Which recruiting service is this? Ive seen far to many discrepancies to take anyone other than 247 seriously

Rivals. Takes ten seconds to look it up for yourself. Do that more often.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

It's hilarious this thread exists. Seriously. The Hogs' lowest rated guy is better than anybody ASU even signed. Well, the one kid from Scooba Tech Last Chance U who is a high 3* out of JUCO is, but he's the only one. And they signed 21 kids to our 15 lmao. What a joke.

WoooPigSooieShane

*sigh*

https://twitter.com/TreyBiddy/status/943864860244312065

Trey Biddy‏Verified account
@TreyBiddy
Following Following @TreyBiddy
More
Arkansas' recruiting class is ranked 81st nationally b/c they're getting charged with 10 zeros (a zero for every non-committed player under 20). If they had 10 more commits mirroring the 10 they have, they'd be tied for 20th nationally right now. Just explaining the formula #wps

9:24 AM - 21 Dec 2017

AState has 21 commitments. We have 15 so we're being charged with 5 zeros. We were never going to sign 20 in this class. This is why our ranking is so low on Rivals.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 06, 2018, 10:52:22 am
Rivals. Takes ten seconds to look it up for yourself. Do that more often.
Seeing as how there are several recruiting services, I knew it would be quicker to ask instead of going from service to service (longer than 10 seconds) to see which one matched the little snippet you used.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on February 06, 2018, 11:12:17 am
*sigh*

@TreyBiddy
More
Arkansas' recruiting class is ranked 81st nationally b/c they're getting charged with 10 zeros (a zero for every non-committed player under 20). If they had 10 more commits mirroring the 10 they have, they'd be tied for 20th nationally right now. Just explaining the formula #wps

AState has 21 commitments. We have 15 so we're being charged with 5 zeros. We were never going to sign 20 in this class. This is why our ranking is so low on Rivals.
Of course it's true that having a limited number of slots hurts the rankings.  You can't wrapped around that.

However, it's also true that having a limited number of slots available is a very real drawback in your rebuilding effort.  If you don't have a very good roster (and Arkansas doesn't have a very good roster) you need a lot of players to come in and try to turn things around.  We don't have much room for that this year.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on February 06, 2018, 11:20:42 am
Of course it's true that having a limited number of slots hurts the rankings.  You can't wrapped around that.

However, it's also true that having a limited number of slots available is a very real drawback in your rebuilding effort.  If you don't have a very good roster (and Arkansas doesn't have a very good roster) you need a lot of players to come in and try to turn things around.  We don't have much room for that this year.
Arkansas does have a good roster. We have ~27 4*s, 1 5*, and almost all the rest are 3*s. We just had craptastic coaches.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 06, 2018, 10:31:20 am

Haha, what is "spin"?   Reading? 

ricepig

Well, we had the #22 ranked roster going into the 2017 season according to 247 composite, so, either the rankings are garbage, the coaching was garbage, or some combination of both.

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 06, 2018, 10:25:08 am

When did we let go of blaming ole Bobby? :D

ricepig

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on February 06, 2018, 11:43:11 am

When did we let go of blaming ole Bobby? :D

I believe it's in the rules posted when you sign up, head coaches after two firings can no longer be blamed.

dmfdds

jkstock04

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 06, 2018, 10:36:20 am
We all knew this was coming, can't sign enough dudes this year to give us a chance since they grade off of a 25 scale.  If you took the average star rating of each of our commits so far and threw out the total number metric, we'd be right about where we always are in the 25 to 35 range.

Even with the very few we are taking this year the numbers are still going to have to "work themselve's out".  Just a bi-product of the $hit sammich that Coach B left behind where we have too many guys on schollie and still somehow lack depth in areas.

It was the key to the plan...THIS literally was the whole mastermind behind his long term plan and the narrative was having the deepest, upper classmen laden, and most talented roster in modern history of our program. I'm not buying it...but we shall see.

If we win 10 plus games this season because of so much obvious talent, Bielema will have to get most of the credit on the recruiting front.

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Vantage 8 dude

Oh look......Hogimus Maximus has a new alter-ego. Nice ;) 8)

thebignasty

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 06, 2018, 12:15:39 pm
Oh look......Hogimus Maximus has a new alter-ego. Nice ;) 8)

i found vantage

Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

go hogues

Quote from: WoooPigSooieShane on February 06, 2018, 11:12:17 am
*sigh*

@TreyBiddy
More

But we're still ranked last in the SEC.  :-\
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

GoHogzzGo

Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

redneckfriend

Arkansas doesn't have a very good roster? But wait I thought (well actually I don't "think"- I just read it on Hogville and then I regurgitated it as truth) that we have great talent and the only thing that was standing between us and a national championship was the lousy coach we had. Now that we have a "real" coach there is no stopping the Arkansas express. I'm expecting a lot of Ws next year.

SooieGeneris

What some don't seem to get: Very few signing classes have a major impact in the first year, not even at 'Bama. One could argue that the Tide's most recent class had an impact since it was a true freshman who played the 2nd half in the NC game and led the comeback.

The impact of this class, for better or worse, will be felt down the line. That's on Bert mainly. Whatever we do on the field in 2018 will be due to the players who were already on campus. Bert whined about lack of depth and being "paper thin" at some spots at the same time we have limited slots available on the roster. Who did that lunkhead think was to blame for that?

It is what it is. This staff has done what they could in a limited amount of time. Hopefully there is enough quality in the class, there are definitely several players who are high quality, probably just not enough of them.

In the meantime, the staff will have to ramp up for 2019 and beyond to try to overcome the shortcomings of the roster. I will have to research how many slots will be available for the 2019 class. I don't think there are that many seniors, so some will have to be created. The best rating we can hope for this year is likely in the 40s FWIW.
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Quote from: redneckfriend on February 06, 2018, 12:59:38 pm
Arkansas doesn't have a very good roster? But wait I thought (well actually I don't "think"- I just read it on Hogville and then I regurgitated it as truth) that we have great talent and the only thing that was standing between us and a national championship was the lousy coach we had. Now that we have a "real" coach there is no stopping the Arkansas express. I'm expecting a lot of Ws next year.
Yes. Maybe not a national championship but definitely much more than we got

COCHISE

Please remind me. How many are we looking to sign in this class?

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: SemperHawg on February 06, 2018, 10:36:20 am

Rivals grades off of your top 20 recruits and for every spot less then twenty that is not filled is included in your average as a zero.

That's a big hiT.

The other services have a similar metric I believe.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Smalltownhog95

If trolling very weak. If serious very stupid. Either way this post by OP is pathetic.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on February 06, 2018, 03:13:03 pm
If trolling very weak. If serious very stupid. Either way this post by OP is pathetic.

Neither. We all know we're not going to finish remotely close to stAte in the final rankings from any site. Just merely an observation while thumbing through the interwebs.

Cargill A. BullHog

Its posts like this that harden the hearts of Hog fans.  ASU has had a nice run in the Texas 5A football, aka The Sun Belt, but until they are tkaing away recruits from real division 1 programs theyre and afterthought in one of the smallest states.  In fact, right now, when ASU is having its best run ever in D1 and Arkansas is having one of its worst, Arkansas is still miles and miles ahead of little step cousin.  Go away Indians
I love my Razorbacks, Coach A, Coach M, Coach VH and all the players and fans.

jry04

I am not a fan of PITP, but this post is idiotic. I guess this is what message boards are for, but I alwayd get a kick out of fans making posts like yours when they clearly are clueless. 21 commits v 15 commits. We are penalized for having only 15 commits at the moment. It does not mean our class is not good.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: jry04 on February 06, 2018, 03:42:13 pm
I am not a fan of PITP, but this post is idiotic. I guess this is what message boards are for,but I alwayd get a kick out of fans making posts like yours when they clearly are clueless. 21 commits v 15 commits. We are penalized for having only 15 commits at the moment. It does not mean our class is not good.

I do too! It's great.

Exit Pursued by a Boar

With the early signing date and the late hiring of Coach Morris, having a small class may be the best thing that could have happened.  Our average is right about where it always is, we're filling holes for the most part, and we're setting up for next year.  If our roster, which ranked around 22 last year, actually responds to the new staff, it will be an experienced, fairly high ranked group playing against one of the weakest schedules we've had in years.  Will that translate into 8 wins (my ceiling)?  I don't know, but I doubt a larger class would get us to 8. Meanwhile, next year and the year after, when the staff has more time to evaluate and build relationships, we'll have more spots.

EFBAB

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2018, 11:36:08 am
Well, we had the #22 ranked roster going into the 2017 season according to 247 composite, so, either the rankings are garbage, the coaching was garbage, or some combination of both.
Who you gonna believe?  Them rankings, or you own lyin' eyes?

Mike_e

Where's Elvis in all of this?

You can't have a good conspiracy without Elvis.

Maybe get Bert to dress up in sequins and a jumpsuit?
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

Earth Hog Fan

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on February 06, 2018, 03:37:45 pm
Neither. We all know we're not going to finish remotely close to stAte in the final rankings from any site. Just merely an observation while thumbing through the interwebs.

Eric Bolin is that you again, trolling trying to stirring up hate and discontent so you can write another hate Arkansas article on SEC Country, I no longer read your Click bate.  You are without a doubt a very shallow writer!

I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

hawginbigd1

Here's the deal, we knew in September or before that this class was not going to be highly ranked, because we were signing 15 or so players. Here is a fact, our class on November 15th with 3 fewer players ranks higher than we do currently, and my opinion we would end up with Ferrell and Bishop plus a few others like a Fulwider, and one or 2 not on our radar.

farmhawg

Just dumb if you can't see the difference.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 06, 2018, 11:11:06 am
It's hilarious this thread exists. Seriously. The Hogs' lowest rated guy is better than anybody ASU even signed. Well, the one kid from Scooba Tech Last Chance U who is a high 3* out of JUCO is, but he's the only one. And they signed 21 kids to our 15 lmao. What a joke.
True but their class will end up one of the best ,if not the best in their conference, and that is added to what is considered the best roster of talent in the SBC. I mean that is what counts, how you compare to your peers, and your peers are the teams in your conference.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

jkstock04

Quote from: farmhawg on February 06, 2018, 07:21:36 pm
Just dumb if you can't see the difference.
If they had the frontward facing Hog on there one may just skip on by thinking it was a reprint of Arkansas State with some kind of glitch/mistake on the software.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Seminole Indian on February 06, 2018, 07:33:32 pm
True but their class will end up one of the best ,if not the best in their conference, and that is added to what is considered the best roster of talent in the SBC. I mean that is what counts, how you compare to your peers, and your peers are the teams in your conference.
im with you there, and im no astate hater. in fact, i wish we played y'all.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Mike_e on February 06, 2018, 05:01:42 pm
Where's Elvis in all of this?

You can't have a good conspiracy without Elvis.

Maybe get Bert to dress up in sequins and a jumpsuit?

As long as the jumpsuit has his initials on it, he'd probably do it. Elvis died on the crapper, Bert's seat cushion just smells like death by the way Patterson and the other coaches reacted..

Of course, unless he's lost a MLB, they'd have to get a tent from the Army surplus store to make it out of.

Did Elvis have a thing for Tito's?
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Philip Seaton

You can when you take into account the formula uses for counting non-committed players under 20 as 0's. No way are the two recruiting classes the same. Sorry. It's not spin, but fact. When you don't have that many slots, the low ranking is going to happen.

Seminole Indian

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 06, 2018, 11:39:33 pm
im with you there, and im no astate hater. in fact, i wish we played y'all.
Well if they did they would most likely lose, but their talent is getting better every year, and they have enough talent to put together a solid 2-deep.

According to 247 composite ratings they do have the best class in the SBC, https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=SBC and the best roster of talent in the SBC https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite?Conference=SBC.

That just means they have the talent to compete for an SBC Championship.
"In truth, knowledge is a great and very useful quality; those who despise it give evidence enough of their stupidity. Yet I do not set its value at that extreme measure that some attribute to it." - Michel de Montaigne

Vantage 8 dude

Nice......you insisted on posting a picture of your boyfriend as your avatar. How sweet. :)