Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Paperclip time

Started by Buff, March 29, 2015, 09:33:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Buff

Logano on pole (that's what he said), Kurt paced final practice.  I guess both teams are poking holes in their tires still.  Kyle Larson is out due to recent fainting spell, Regan Smith in for him.  Harvick starts somewhere way too low, but Gordon and Johnson start 4th and 5th.  Doubt that stops them from complaining about how the competition is running better lately. 

Let the drama commence.

Flying Razorback

Yeah don't like that Hamlin and Harvick and a couple other guys who should be fast are starting so low.  Hard to pass but fast guys in the back should make it exciting.
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

Buff

They'll just put more holes in the tires

Flying Razorback

Exactly what I was thinking, didn't want to say it.  I bet this is the week they take a week off from all that, ha.

Buff

As soon as Harvick finishes 3rd or lower they'll start making that claim.  Nascar has so much petty drama it sometimes seems like a bunch of teenage girls running around.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on March 29, 2015, 10:48:31 am
As soon as Harvick finishes 3rd or lower they'll start making that claim.  Nascar has so much petty drama it sometimes seems like a bunch of teenage girls running around.

Very true.  When I first heard the story I thought that people would try to claim "proof" he was cheating and stopped if he finishes p5.  "See!  They put the heat on him and he only finished 5th!  Told ya he was cheatin!"

Buff

I hope he wins and gets every set of tires confiscated again.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: Buff on March 29, 2015, 11:01:57 am
I hope he wins and gets every set of tires confiscated again.

I mean they've taken the tires for at least 8 straight races Childers said.  I wonder why they'd be so sure that if something nefarious was going on that it must be in the tires?

Buff

Harvick's a known gearhead.  Talk when he went to Stewart-Haas was that his knowledge and enthusiasm for turning wrenches would help the entire program improve.  How come no one's asked whether the 4 team just figured out the new trackbar faster than everyone else?  Or considered the fact that Harvick has been on a run of his best tracks.  Nope, they're cheating.

Flying Razorback

Honestly the start of the schedule has been part of Harvick's success.  He has always run well at Atlanta, Phoenix, Daytona, California, Miami, and so on.  Kind of like when all 10 Chase races were at Johnson 's best tracks.

Flying Razorback

Is Stenhouse really this bad?  Could 75% of Roush Fenway's problems be terrible driving talent?  Looking at a roster of Stenhouse, Bayne, and Biffle doesn't inspire confidence.

Buff

Lol Harvick is moving on up.

If he wasn't nailing Danica Patrick, nobody would know who Stenhouse was.  Good Nationwide driver when Roush had the best equipment, but that's it.

Flying Razorback

My two fantasy A drivers were Gordon and Hamlin.  I had Hamlin as a starter earlier in the week but went with emotion and switched to Gordon this weekend.  I thought he would do anything for a win his last spring race here.  Hamlin now looks like he would have been an awesome pick.

Flying Razorback

Is Logano going to lead every lap today?

Buff

Buff

Top-2 streak may be in trouble

Flying Razorback

Harvick up to p1 after 134 laps.  Newman in p35 and a lap Don after starting outside pole.

Flying Razorback

Harvick not having as good a run this time around.

Flying Razorback

Stenhouse brings out his 3rd caution...

Jimmie Johnson gets the free pass.

Flying Razorback

I was wrong Johnson fell back in the previous lap.  Danica with the lucky dog.  Johnson still a lap down and now with a pit penalty.

Buff

Johnson is pissed that he can't get Knaus to punch some of those holes in his tires.

ImHogginIt

Went with Johnson over Gordon today. Just like last year seems every time I pick Johnson he has some sort of car trouble or gets wrecked.  :'(

Flying Razorback

I don't know how Edwards wasn't speeding on pit road there.  Harvick was moving down the entire length of pit road at one speed.  Edwards flies out behind him and then shoots around and passes him!

Buff

Hamlin hit his brakes to get the inside lane on the restart.  Too bad he couldn't get rear-ended.

ImHogginIt

Hope we see some fisticuffs at the end of race  ;D

10thPlanet

Actually have to drive today!

10thPlanet

DW,"I think Carl has a tire problem!"

Flying Razorback

David Ragan is laughing at me from the bench of my fantasy team.

Flying Razorback

Harvick slid to the back of the top 10 or out of it with 60 to go.

Buff

Flying Razorback

I'd definitely pit from p9 on back.  Set up the front 4 rows

Buff

Jeff Gordon ruled too fast entering pit road.  Under caution.  WTH?  Na$car needs to do something about these guys hitting the brakes on exit.

Flying Razorback

Maybe a minimum speed to maintain while exiting?

Flying Razorback

Ragan and Hamlin are both laughing at me from the bench of my fantasy team now.

Flying Razorback

Harvick is about to send Kahne around if he can't pass him soon.

Buff

Brad was very gracious there.  Harvick's streak of top-2 finishes is over, but the streak of top-10 finishes is still going, so there is that.

Flying Razorback

My fantasy team took a pretty big hit today.  My streak of terrible Martinsville fantasy finishes continues.  Jeff Gordon and Hamlin were my A team today and I decided to go with Gordon...  I just didn't trust Hamlin to get it done but he ran a pretty good race with all the pit problems holding him back.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Flying Razorback on March 29, 2015, 04:12:36 pm
My fantasy team took a pretty big hit today.  My streak of terrible Martinsville fantasy finishes continues.  Jeff Gordon and Hamlin were my A team today and I decided to go with Gordon...  I just didn't trust Hamlin to get it done but he ran a pretty good race with all the pit problems holding him back.

I had Ragan, Truex, Busch and chose Johnson over Gordon  :-[

TheRazorback500

Well, I guess it's Denny's time to shine. Good run for Ragan.

A top ten for Danica? What a concept.

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Racinray

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on March 29, 2015, 05:12:10 pm
Well, I guess it's Denny's time to shine. Good run for Ragan.

A top ten for Danica? What a concept.

:razorback:
And you get two weeks to hear how great she is. :puke:

Buff

Quote from: Racinray on March 29, 2015, 06:44:22 pm

Favorite for the championship, next year.

Buff

riccoar

Quote from: Racinray on March 29, 2015, 06:44:22 pm
I think she has talent, I'm not sure how long it will take before she is able to be consistent.