Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Saban with "egg on his face?"

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, March 29, 2015, 06:40:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

March 29, 2015, 06:40:56 am Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 07:01:32 am by MuskogeeHogFan
Wonder how Saban is going to deal with all of this? Third chances for everyone at "Second Chance U?"

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/28/bama-dt-jonathan-taylor-again-arrested-for-domestic-violence/related/

"After an alleged domestic violence incident led to his dismissal at Georgia last July, Jonathan Taylor signed with Alabama in January as one of Nick Saban's second-chance signees.  Less than three months later, Taylor is making his new head coach look rather foolish and/or naïve".

And another:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/28/alabama-cb-geno-smith-again-arrested-on-dui-charge/related/

"I guess now we're going to find out just how wedded Nick Saban is to his second chance mantra, and if it extends to a third chance".

"While the details are scant at the moment, and the school has yet to address the situation, Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News is reporting that Geno Smith was arrested Friday night on a charge of driving under the influence. According to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Department website, Smith was released on a $1,000 bond this afternoon".

Go Hogs Go!

Rocky Mountain Living

Will Satan be dismissing his starting DT and CB?

bama DT John Taylor arrested on domestic violence (former JUCO, former dismissed UGA  player in '13)

Arrested for the 2nd time for choking  (Taylor is going to need a 3rd chance too at Second Chance U)

The victim, a 24-year-old female, had "minor injuries to her neck from the assault." The police report also stated that a bedroom door had a "hole punched in it."

Taylor arrived at Alabama having been dismissed from the University of Georgia this past July. According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, the dismissal came after Taylor was arrested on a charge of aggravated assault/family violence. A University of Georgia police department report alleged Taylor used his hands to choke and hit his girlfriend.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2015/03/29/alabama-crimson-tide-taylor-domestic-violence-georgia-dismissed/70622074/

Svrdhd

That DT is a one-man crime wave: two domestic assaults and a theft by deception.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

hawgwash

This would actually be a 4th chance for Taylor. At UGA he was also charged with "theft by deception" prior to the first domestic violence issue.

hawgwash

Quote from: Svrdhd on March 29, 2015, 08:17:25 am
That DT is a one-man crime wave: two domestic assaults and a theft by deception.
Sorry didn't see your post.

hogcard1964

He's gone.  No chance he returns now.

ricepig

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 29, 2015, 08:23:18 am

Either one? Geno Smith would be a huge loss for them.
Go Hogs Go!

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hawgwash

CBB: "You recruit your own problems".

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: hawgwash on March 29, 2015, 08:20:07 am
This would actually be a 4th chance for Taylor. At UGA he was also charged with "theft by deception" prior to the first domestic violence issue.

The fact that, according to the article, Taylor remains sitting in jail with two $500 Bonds and Geno Smith is out quick, on a $1,000 Bond, might tell you something about who Saban and the Alabama faithful feel like they need to help. Look for Taylor at someplace like Delta State next year.
Go Hogs Go!

southeasthog

If Taylor ends up with two domestic violence convictions, he better start thinking about life without football. NFL will be out of the question.

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: southeasthog on March 29, 2015, 08:58:43 am
If Taylor ends up with two domestic violence convictions, he better start thinking about life without football.

Like prison? 

southeasthog

Quote from: Choctaw Hog on March 29, 2015, 09:02:28 am
Like prison? 
That's where he needs to be but he'll probably get probation.

Hawgzinbowlz

Both players may want to explore 'other options'. Jonathan Taylor is likely gone and Geno Smith will likely be suspended, and he may also be gone.
Richt seems to be operating a farm system for these type of players.
Lot's of program energy spent on this stuff, if allowed to remain.

" GO HOGS "

Hoggish1

Quote from: ricepig on March 29, 2015, 08:44:58 am
Auburn lock?

Beat me to it.  Every thug has a second or 10th chance waiting for him at the barn...

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hogcard1964 on March 29, 2015, 08:23:18 am
Under normal circumstances I'd have to agree. In fact, under normal circumstances the kid wouldn't even be on most squads after his one man crime wave. However, since Hooter is no longer around to carry on his own "people helpin' business" schtick ole St. Nick has stepped up to fulfill this role. How do you think he got his sainthood designation?

The_Bionic_Pig

Short of a homicide Nick Saban/Alabama will never be viewed in a bad light.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HogWall Jackson

This guy needs to remain in the State of Alabama no matter what!

GatorHog

It would be great if our wonderful colleges and universities had some standards about admitting violent criminals.  No admission, no eligibility, no football.  Rather, it looks like we leave these decisions up to the person with a 7M incentive to be "second chance guy."

Don't let Saban transfer the egg on his face by saying "it was a University decision."  Students should protest if this clown isn't expelled, but they probably DGAF.

And females: use the Google and stop giving second chances to 6-4, 335 lb. guys prone to choke others.

Mike_e

Both will get suspended for a half during the Arkansas game.  The NCAA will have no comment.

Just like old times right?  😃
Y'all don't straighten up and raise some hell OTR and Rev are goin to put a saddle on Darrel Royal's floating fulminatin head and ride you down!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Mike_e on March 29, 2015, 11:09:02 am
Both will get suspended for a half during the Arkansas game.  The NCAA will have no comment.

Just like old times right?  😃

I suspect that Saban will jettison one of the two, after a ruling or an admission of guilt is made, whichever comes first. Heck, he may cut both of them loose. Bielema's way of doing business with student-athlete's has to be applying some degree of pressure to other SEC HC's policies, as their Administrations look on.
Go Hogs Go!

ChitownHawg

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 29, 2015, 08:51:43 am
The fact that, according to the article, Taylor remains sitting in jail with two $500 Bonds and Geno Smith is out quick, on a $1,000 Bond, might tell you something about who Saban and the Alabama faithful feel like they need to help. Look for Taylor at someplace like Delta State next year.

Higher chance that he is playing at Penitentiary State?
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

arkansasrazorback

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on March 29, 2015, 10:26:45 am
Short of a homicide Nick Saban/Alabama will never be viewed in a bad light.
The national reporters last night on twitter were killing him.  One went as far as saying Saban should be suspended.  If he doesn't cut them both he will be viewed in a bad light.

ricepig

@CFTalk: Alabama announces Jonathan Taylor has been dismissed from the team.

presidenthog

Can someone explain "theft by deception" to me?

ricepig

Arthur pigby sellers.

If Smith is not kicked off the team, it will really expose Saban.  I would be embarrassed to have a coach who keeps a kid on the team with 2 DWIs.  IF this kid was in our program, the outcome wouldn't be in question.

Razorbacker79

Quote from: presidenthog on March 29, 2015, 01:12:15 pm
Basically, it's fraud.
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

hoghiker

Lots of post on here about troubles. Saban's players are not disciplined and stuff. I'm kinda in a different place: before the grace of god kinda place. Alabama doesn't get my sympathy but I temper my enthusiasm knowing that some day a Hog player might be in the some trouble. More like probable. I love what BB is doing on the Hill. He's not had a real tough call yet. Don't pile on. I get a little more forgiving this time of year. Do love spring.

Calling All Hogs

These kids need to go to OU where they can get help. Not help with their actual problem, of course. But help making sure if anyone catches them on video the school will get the video destroyed before it can be released to the public.

Calling All Hogs

GatorHog

Quote from: hoghiker on March 29, 2015, 01:42:32 pm
Lots of post on here about troubles. Saban's players are not disciplined and stuff. I'm kinda in a different place: before the grace of god kinda place. Alabama doesn't get my sympathy but I temper my enthusiasm knowing that some day a Hog player might be in the some trouble. More like probable. I love what BB is doing on the Hill. He's not had a real tough call yet. Don't pile on. I get a little more forgiving this time of year. Do love spring.

I should hope the U of A wouldn't admit someone with a prior domestic violence conviction for the sake playing foosball. If/when when they do, they deserve all the negative press they can get.

The poster above that mentioned the pressure on Saban made a good point - CBB's disciplinary policies can actually have a positive competitive effect, especially when coupled with public relations pressure from the general public.   

hawgwash

Quote from: presidenthog on March 29, 2015, 01:12:15 pm
What Taylor was charged with related to stipend checks he received from the UGA athletic department.  (Not sure why he was getting those anyway, but presumably they were legit)  Allegedly he and three other players received these checks and deposited them to their personal banking account using a mobile deposit app supplied by their bank.  Nothing wrong with that.  When checks are deposited "remotely" this way, meaning you scan or take a photo of the check and never take it to the bank, you end up still in possession of the original check.  You are supposed to destroy the original.  But Taylor and the other three were accused of then taking the originals to the bank and depositing it a second time to their accounts.  According to the story this happened 11 times among the 4 players, and two of those involved Taylor.

hawgwash

Quote from: hawgwash on March 29, 2015, 05:21:05 pm
What Taylor was charged with related to stipend checks he received from the UGA athletic department.  (Not sure why he was getting those anyway, but presumably they were legit)  Allegedly he and three other players received these checks and deposited them to their personal banking account using a mobile deposit app supplied by their bank.  Nothing wrong with that.  When checks are deposited "remotely" this way, meaning you scan or take a photo of the check and never take it to the bank, you end up still in possession of the original check.  You are supposed to destroy the original.  But Taylor and the other three were accused of then taking the originals to the bank and depositing it a second time to their accounts.  According to the story this happened 11 times among the 4 players, and two of those involved Taylor.
Just read quotes from another article posted by jbcarol in the SEC forum that described the checks as "meal reimbursement" checks.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on March 29, 2015, 01:24:52 pm
If Smith is not kicked off the team, it will really expose Saban.  I would be embarrassed to have a coach who keeps a kid on the team with 2 DWIs.  IF this kid was in our program, the outcome wouldn't be in question.

What if he has an alcohol problem and was put in rehab. And was a shutdown corner? 😉
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

aloha_kid

26.2Hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 29, 2015, 08:51:43 am
. . . Taylor remains sitting in jail with two $500 Bonds . . .

Maybe he'll learn some life skills there.  Like not dropping the soap in the shower.

rtr

I want to beat Alabama so bad.  That's all.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

It's official, Taylor dismissed from the Alabama team.

On Sunday afternoon, Saban issued a statement: "Jonathan Taylor has been dismissed from the team and is no longer a part of our program. This will still need to go through the legal process, but when he was given an opportunity here, it was under strict guidelines and we made it clear there was a zero tolerance policy."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12580950/alabama-crimson-tide-never-admitted-jonathan-taylor

Go Hogs Go!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 30, 2015, 06:11:21 am
It's official, Taylor dismissed from the Alabama team.

On Sunday afternoon, Saban issued a statement: "Jonathan Taylor has been dismissed from the team and is no longer a part of our program. This will still need to go through the legal process, but when he was given an opportunity here, it was under strict guidelines and we made it clear there was a zero tolerance policy."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12580950/alabama-crimson-tide-never-admitted-jonathan-taylor

I don't like to hear about kids that go down the wrong road over and over again, no matter the team. A man reaps what he sows.

I'm glad that we don't have much of this type of "turnover" on our roster. Some kids will wash out of your program for whatever reason. Find the ones that will most likely stay for four years and have the talent to develop in to very solid players, maybe even after one off-season and have as many upperclassmen as you can possibly have on your team.

20-22 Juniors and 20 Seniors is a very experienced roster. One that will have you competing in the west. I just keep what Spurrier said about Arkansas a couple years ago, "He will just have to recruit his way out of that mess."
This is my non-signature signature.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on March 30, 2015, 07:02:22 am
I don't like to hear about kids that go down the wrong road over and over again, no matter the team. A man reaps what he sows.

I'm glad that we don't have much of this type of "turnover" on our roster. Some kids will wash out of your program for whatever reason. Find the ones that will most likely stay for four years and have the talent to develop in to very solid players, maybe even after one off-season and have as many upperclassmen as you can possibly have on your team.

20-22 Juniors and 20 Seniors is a very experienced roster. One that will have you competing in the west. I just keep what Spurrier said about Arkansas a couple years ago, "He will just have to recruit his way out of that mess."

This "kid" has repeatedly stepped on his pee-pee. I hate to see such God-given talent wasted, but this isn't the first time it has happened and I doubt it will be the last.

I believe in second chances, but this kid burned his second chance before he arrived in Tuscaloosa. I'm not passing judgement here but I am happy that I believe I can say that this kid could not have passed Bielema's "muster" to be at Arkansas, no matter how potentially good he might be.
Go Hogs Go!

ricepig

The drinking driver is back, or soon will be after he " does a few things", according to Saban after practice today.

HSVhogfan2

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on March 30, 2015, 05:42:02 pm
This "kid" has repeatedly stepped on his pee-pee. I hate to see such God-given talent wasted, but this isn't the first time it has happened and I doubt it will be the last.

I believe in second chances, but this kid burned his second chance before he arrived in Tuscaloosa. I'm not passing judgement here but I am happy that I believe I can say that this kid could not have passed Bielema's "muster" to be at Arkansas, no matter how potentially good he might be.

There's problems and then there's problems. Hitting a woman, and I'm not talking about a "he said, she said", I'm talking about if charges are pressed and there is evidence, there's no second on that, IMO. Even if the charges are dropped (most are) it should be one and done.

Of course, colleges should learn that roid rage is a pretty serious problem. That is, of course, if steriod use actually occurred in college football.  ;)
"The post you have just read was used with the express written consent of HSVHogfan2."

Veni Sancte Spiritus

Do you wish to rise? Begin by descending. You plan a tower that will pierce the clouds? Lay first the foundation of humility.

incHOGnito

Quote from: ChitownHawg on March 29, 2015, 05:36:26 pm
What if he has an alcohol problem and was put in rehab. And was a shutdown corner? 😉

It's pretty clear he has an alcohol problem.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: ricepig on March 30, 2015, 06:30:15 pm

The drinking driver is back, or soon will be after he " does a few things", according to Saban after practice today.

Yep....in other words....no consequences.  That's why this is the second time for this guy, nothing really happened to him the first time.  If he was afraid of the consequences, he wouldn't risk doing it again.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

BigPapaHawg

WOO PIG