Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question for the knowerabouters of the law posters

Started by JIHawg, July 24, 2015, 09:04:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

With the three players, can this thing be plea bargained with no jail time, maybe some community service, probation, etc?  Is that a possible outcome or highly unlikely, since they were messing with the Feds?

Veritas Arkansas

It's possible under state law, assuming the Feds don't pick up these charges.

What they may ultimately to is highly dependent on the facts.  Working in their favor is their young age, lack of prior criminal history, and that this wasn't a violent offense.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Veritas Arkansas on July 24, 2015, 10:52:02 pm
It's possible under state law, assuming the Feds don't pick up these charges.

What they may ultimately to is highly dependent on the facts.  Working in their favor is their young age, lack of prior criminal history, and that this wasn't a violent offense.
I will believe you, only because you have Saul Goodman (aka James Morgan "Jimmy" McGill) as your profile picture. If Saul got involved, they would definitely be off.

Oklahawg

What I've read from others who are astute when it comes to legal matters: the players are not the primary target. There is a "bigger fish" that authorities seek. If the players can help lead to that fish they stand a chance of having things get easier. If they can prove they are innocent, AND it leads to a bigger fish, they will get more punishment from Mike for being DA than they will from the law.

Beard has the highest threshold of concern. His behavior is much harder to explain away. The other two stand better odds of "living to see another day."
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

board

If they can prove they are innocent, how could that lead to a bigger fish and why would mike punish them for proving they were innocent?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: board on July 25, 2015, 09:28:37 pm
If they can prove they are innocent, how could that lead to a bigger fish and why would mike punish them for proving they were innocent?
I think he meant Mike would do the punishing instead of the legal system, in that case.

board

If they prove they are innocent, why would anyone punish them?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: board on July 25, 2015, 09:37:50 pm
Because it's highly unlikely they are completely innocent. Let's just hope they are innocent enough to see the floor this season.

PonderinHog

Quote from: board on July 25, 2015, 09:37:50 pm
Maybe a better term would be "not guilty."  Just sayin'.

board

Was just going by what the guy actually said, not what you or I thought he meant to say.

Never mind. Just noticed he is from oklahoma. That explains everything. Nuff said. Bye now..

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: board on July 25, 2015, 09:53:47 pm
Was just going by what the guy actually said, not what you or I thought he meant to say.

Never mind. Just noticed he is from oklahoma. That explains everything. Nuff said. Bye now..
Just noticed that you're an ass clown

RzRbAcK18

Has there been any talk of NCAA violations? I worked in law enforcement for 5 years but I just arrested, not prosecuted. I feel that even if they prove they are innocent, where did they get the money from? Counterfeit money happens more often then you think, it is just high profile because of who they are. I feel they will not be prosecuted, but have concerns about the NCAA violations. Excuse me if I am uninformed, I haven't read anything about it since the first day.

board

No need to turn a good natured ribbing into an insult there bb. Wasn't talking to you anyway.

mizzouman

Let it play out.  The biggest thing is timing.  The quicker the better.  The more this drags out, the worse it will get.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: NuttinItUp on July 25, 2015, 04:17:57 pm
I will believe you, only because you have Saul Goodman (aka James Morgan "Jimmy" McGill) as your profile picture. If Saul got involved, they would definitely be off.
It'd cost 50 g's. Beard is eff'd.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli