Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Updated: Jacorey Williams, Dustin Thomas, Anton Beard arrested for forgery

Started by GoHogs40, July 22, 2015, 03:16:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GoHogs40

RT @NWAHenry: COLLEGE BKB: Arkansas' Jacorey Williams arrested Wednesday afternoon on forgery charge in Washington County.
https://twitter.com/NWAHenry/status/623946738445979649

GoHogs40

And more!
RT @NWAHenry: COLLEGE BKB: Make that two Arkansas players in possible trouble as Anton Beard was arrested today in Washington County.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hawg Red

Wow. Kapita not coming, two players arrested.

Wheels are wobbly today.....not fallen off yet.

Dr. Leonard Ford

Looks like MA had his one "good" year and now we are going to suck for a while.

WooPig90

ricepig

PorkerOinker

Will make what was going to be a tough year even tougher.
"America promises equal opportunity, not equal outcomes"-Paul Ryan

010HogFan

ricepig

@JustineBWard: #BREAKING: Razorback basketball players Jacorey Williams and Anton Beard arrested for forgery. Report says counterfeit bills were involved.

GoHogs40

Quote from: ricepig on July 22, 2015, 03:40:37 pm
@JustineBWard: #BREAKING: Razorback basketball players Jacorey Williams and Anton Beard arrested for forgery. Report says counterfeit bills were involved.
Yeah that's not good at all

ricepig

010HogFan

40MINSOFHELL

jjdlc

Counterfeit bills, Yikes!  That could be very bad.  Hopefully this ends up being a case of them not knowing they had counterfeit bills.

GoHogs40

Transfer Dustin Thomas was also involved

HAWG MAFIA

If it's counterfiet money, as being reported, they're gone.

rhames

We can never be good at football and basketball at the same time
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

010HogFan

Apparently they were all found using counterfeit $20 bills. Yikes.

devildoghawg

God.  I kind of feel bad for CMA....he's done now.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

GoHogs40

Probably means no Monk now too.  This is almost like a death penalty for the program losing three guys

rhames

Quote from: devildoghawg on July 22, 2015, 03:46:53 pm
God.  I kind of feel bad for CMA....he's done now.

No chance. This season he will be given a pass

He will have to recruit his butt off though
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

jry04

Quote from: GoHogs40 on July 22, 2015, 03:47:44 pm
Probably means no Monk now too.  This is almost like a death penalty for the program losing three guys
I don't get why every single thing that happens people have to come in here and say "well no Monk, now." EVERYTHING IS NOT RELEVANT TO MONK!

HawgTide

Quote from: Hawg Red on July 22, 2015, 03:24:33 pm
Wow. Kapita not coming, two players arrested.

Wheels are wobbly today.....not fallen off yet.

Wow. Pretty much nothing but bad news since the end of the season. Next year is going to hurt.

010HogFan

Quote from: jry04 on July 22, 2015, 03:48:48 pm
I don't get why every single thing that happens people have to come in here and say "well no Monk, now." EVERYTHING IS NOT RELEVANT TO MONK!

this is pretty relevant.

Porked Tongue

I warn you now, this is not your chance to go butt crazy.

Disappointment is fine but tearing into the MA regime is not a well timed move.

devildoghawg

He isn't digging himself out of this hole.  Those are two starters, and a transfer that would have played significant minutes.  We won't win 15 games this year.  If we lose Monk after this, consider it over. 
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

WilsonHog

July 22, 2015, 03:49:45 pm #27 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:14:15 pm by Tom Bennett
All three "suspended indefinitely" per the UA athletic department.

"We have become aware of a pending legal issue involving three men's basketball student-athletes. They have been suspended indefinitely. Our continued expectation is that our student-athletes conduct themselves appropriately at all times."

troyer37

Quote from: jry04 on July 22, 2015, 03:48:48 pm

oh how you are so wrong everything is relevant to MONK!

hogman99

I wish all you haters would go kick rocks. Our program will be in good hands for a long time under CMA and you better get used to it!! We have such skill and depth that we can absord times like this. Others will step up and we will be in at least the Sweet 16 this year!! 

Mick Hogger

This is terrible. Jacorey, you were supposed to be a senior leader this year and now you're accused of something like this that will just absolutely knock this program back after taking so many steps forward. This was supposed to be your year.

This sucks.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

GoHogs40

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 22, 2015, 03:49:30 pm

I understand MA recruits these guys but he can't follow them around and hold their hands.  I'm sure he'll take the fall though.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 22, 2015, 03:49:30 pm

Only a good move if a poster wants to wonder why their account has gone bye-bye.

010HogFan

Quote from: hogman99 on July 22, 2015, 03:51:20 pm
I wish all you haters would go kick rocks. Our program will be in good hands for a long time under CMA and you better get used to it!! We have such skill and depth that we can absord times like this. Others will step up and we will be in at least the Sweet 16 this year!!  ;)

LOL

Porked Tongue

I understand there has been a rash of counterfeit bills being passed in NWA. 

Hopefully they simply trusted the wrong person.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: devildoghawg on July 22, 2015, 03:52:42 pm
Who has said a single negative thing about CMA or his regime?  Seriously, chill out man, you are one of the good ones.

I just know what is coming(as far as this thread).

It's a polite heads up.

checkraiser88

We'll be lucky to even win 10 games next year without beard.

william.lane123

Some need to take a step back, innocent until proven guilty

bigred223

novack2

WilsonHog

All we know at this juncture is that arrests have been made and all three players have been suspended indefinitely from the program.

Anything else at this point is pure speculation and not worth a bucket of warm spit.

jry04

Quote from: Porked Tongue on July 22, 2015, 03:55:27 pm
I understand there has been a rash of counterfeit bills being passed in NWA. 

Hopefully they simply trusted the wrong person.
Hope so, too. However, it doesn't look good that they were asking the clerk to make change for bills. Giving multiple counterfeit $50s in exchange for real $100. Also, all 3 having them. Hoping for the best, but it doesn't look good.

Brass Knob

Quote from: william.lane123 on July 22, 2015, 03:58:16 pm

The chances of three players on the team unknowingly possessing and spending counterfeit money is pretty slim... But, we can always hope.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: william.lane123 on July 22, 2015, 03:58:16 pm

Which only applies in a court of law.

We ain't in a court of law.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Otis

1/4th of the roster being arrested has to be some sort of record, so there's that.

jjdlc

Quote from: novack2 on July 22, 2015, 03:59:34 pm
Suspended until proven innocent.

As they should be, if they are found guilty of this, the only team they'll be playing for will be a prison team.  Counterfeiting is a federal crime.

HappyHog

Let's assume all 3 are guilty and all 3 are booted from the program.  What does the starting 5 look like for game 1?

WilsonHog

Quote from: rwspear on July 22, 2015, 04:10:30 pm
ok whatever dude.

is "we might have some trouble in the near future because of our personnel problems" pure speculation?

dont be a shill.

Well, that depends "dude."

As someone who spent 12 years practicing law, I wouldn't be surprised to read next week or next month that the charges have gone away. In that event, the damage to the 2015-16 season would be exactly zero.

Should the three be convicted or plead guilty, we're talking about something else entirely re: the 2015-16 season.

So.....drumroll.......it depends.

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: jjdlc on July 22, 2015, 04:13:13 pm
As they should be, if they are found guilty of this, the only team they'll be playing for will be a prison team.  Counterfeiting is a federal crime.

It's rarely prosecuted federally, unless they were in the business of making fake bills as opposed to using fake bills.  Making it gets the feds riled up...passing them usually doesn't.

My money is on this being prosecuted in State court. 
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.