Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cowherd out at ESPN

Started by husker71, July 16, 2015, 05:55:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

heading to Fox 1???   Simmons and now Cowherd    (don't care about Olbermann)  reported by Talkers magazine online

Inhogswetrust

Good it's about time he left.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on July 16, 2015, 06:11:09 pm
Good it's about time he left.

Disagree he's the best thing on radio. People take him the wrong way bcuz he is brutally honest. ESPN radio ratings are going down. Cowherd has a good following and he will still get ratings. I doubt ESPN finds a guy as talented as Cowherd to replace that time slot

husker71

He makes you think sometimes and I like him 65% of the time  but sometimes I have to change the station   sometimes I have to listen to Tradio that is how desperate I get

RazorPiggie

Cowherds an idiot 50% of the time.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on July 16, 2015, 06:21:18 pm
Disagree he's the best thing on radio. People take him the wrong way bcuz he is brutally honest. ESPN radio ratings are going down. Cowherd has a good following and he will still get ratings. I doubt ESPN finds a guy as talented as Cowherd to replace that time slot

Being brutally honest and using hyperbole about what you think and will get ratings is not always the same as using facts and logical unemotional thoughts. In other words he is simply a form of shock radio. I do agree he appeals to a certain type of audience.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 16, 2015, 06:28:25 pm

That's how you get ratings. Same Reason Clay Travis is now rich

WorfHog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 16, 2015, 10:03:50 pm
That's how you get ratings. Same Reason Clay Travis is now rich

Finebaum seems to do the same thing, set a trap and wait for people to fall into it.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TomBigBeeHog

I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: hogsanity on July 17, 2015, 10:34:16 am
such insight.

I'm glad I made it so easy for someone like you since it is so obvious I don't like the guy.

dhornjr1

Quote from: RazorPiggie on July 16, 2015, 06:28:25 pm

And a dumbass the other 50%.

Hogimus Prime

Too bad Cowherd does do a morning show with ManCow.  It would be ManCowHerd Show.