Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

anything new on kapita?

Started by makiavelli, July 14, 2015, 12:28:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on July 22, 2015, 10:57:39 am
I don't have any idea what the NCAA needs now or whether Kapita will show up or not, so I'm not skeptical or 'un-skeptical' on that.

What I am skeptical about is Ark signing top recruits. When we do, I always think there is a backstory. In this case, maybe it was Kapita's injury or academics that 'scared teams away'. Or Portis, 'well he always wanted to be a Hog anyway'.

Whitt and Kingsley had real good offers, so those are good examples of guys with no apparent 'issues' that we got. Guess I just need to see us beat out top schools more often to remove any skepticism.

We did for years, until the 40 years in the desert thingy.....

Wildhog

SPIREmbb ‏@SPIREmbbAcademy  29m29 minutes ago
2015 Arkansas commit Ted Kapita has committed to @SPIREmbbAcademy to do his post grad year.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

010HogFan

what does this mean??!

Hawg Red

Man.....disappointed to say the least.

HappyHog

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

jjdlc

farmhawg

Going to be a tough year.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

jwpattyson

So does this mean strait to the NBA for him after a year there????
Give me Razorback sports or give me death.

HOGINTENNESSEE

If I am reading this correctly This should allow him be eligible in 2016 with all 4 years still intact.

Could be worse news like the Beard and Williams news

Kevin

It is all bad news today
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Brass Knob

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 22, 2015, 03:48:59 pm
If I am reading this correctly This should allow him be eligible in 2016 with all 4 years still intact.

Could be worse news like the Beard and Williams news

But it also allows him a year more of development and exposure, while reopening his recruitment...

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Brass Knob on July 22, 2015, 04:08:09 pm
But it also allows him a year more of development and exposure, while reopening his recruitment...

True, but the word was yesterday he was remaining committed no matter the outcome

-Blu

2015 starting lineup....

Durham
Whitt
Bell
Miles
Kingsley

See you guys in 2016-2017!

Quote from: -Blu on July 22, 2015, 04:21:23 pm
2015 starting lineup....

Durham
Whitt
Bell
Miles
Kingsley

That lineup can't win 12 games.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: -Blu on July 22, 2015, 04:21:23 pm
2015 starting lineup....

Durham
Whitt
Bell
Miles
Kingsley

That's the scariest thing I've seen on this board, ever.

Cresthog

Quote from: Karma on July 22, 2015, 04:24:59 pm
That lineup can't win 12 games.

It will be a shootout with Mizzou.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 22, 2015, 04:28:00 pm

Lol

-Blu

Quote from: widespreadsooie on July 22, 2015, 04:28:00 pm

Bench...

Watkins
Hannahs
Random Walk-on
Thompson
Kouasi

Now, that's the scariest thing you've ever seen.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

SONofHAM

So we knew Kapita had grade issues and that Portis may go pro...and we only came away with Willy?  Not good
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: SONofHAM on July 22, 2015, 04:43:56 pm
So we knew Kapita had grade issues and that Portis may go pro...and we only came away with Willy?  Not good
And Whitt. Only gained 2 players (3 if you count Hannahs) and lost 7 players.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

SONofHAM

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 22, 2015, 04:46:46 pm
And Whitt. Only gained 2 players (3 if you count Hannahs) and lost 7 players.
you're right...I wasn't forgetting Whitt...just thinking about post players.  Hope Mike can get us back on track!
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

sitting out

This is the end of Mike's career at Arkansas. He might remain the coach for 2 more seasons, but his career at Arkansas is done.

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: sitting out on July 22, 2015, 04:49:59 pm
This is the end of Mike's career at Arkansas. He might remain the coach for 2 more seasons, but his career at Arkansas is done.
He has to recruit his way out of this.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

Quote from: sitting out on July 22, 2015, 04:49:59 pm
I don't see it that way. If (when) this season is a bust, it won't fall on Mike. He'll have a depleted team.

Will be interesting to see if MA can avoid his first losing season.

TejasPete

So in five years Mike will have produced the exact number of tourney wins as Heath and Pel.....and is in complete rebuild mode.

RazorPiggie

BigSexyHog

Quote from: Hogfan991 on July 22, 2015, 04:50:35 pm

He has shown up to this point he can't.   Not sure if it's 100% on him or a combination with the other coaches he has but recruiting needs to improve somehow. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

TNhawgfan

I'm going to go cry now
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

ifghog

Pretty awful news. ..Mike will be extremely lucky to survive this.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: TejasPete on July 22, 2015, 05:19:39 pm
So in five years Mike will have produced the exact number of tourney wins as Heath and Pel.....and is in complete rebuild mode.

Yes in 4 season Mike has the same number of tournament wins at Arkansas that Pel and Heath had in 9 season combined.

There are plenty of thing to complain today about his Tourney wins # at this point is not one them

TejasPete

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 22, 2015, 06:05:47 pm
Yes in 4 season Mike has the same number of tournament wins at Arkansas that Pel and Heath had in 9 season combined.

There are plenty of thing to complain today about his Tourney wins # at this point is not one them

So you think in Year 6,  a coach with one tourney win and a complete rebuild job ahead is acceptable? Come on man, I like Mike but Arkansas deserves better than this.

Danny J

That's the only shot any coach has but especially in the situation we are faced with the only shot he will have to keep the fan base into it. We are going to have a bad season this year if we lose the three arrested today. No way around it. Losing Kapita plus Beard plus Williams is killer. Beard is the heart and soul of this team. Our only shot to keep the fan base engaged is to recruit A LOT of highly touted guys for 2016. Adding several more "who?" players to go with Macon won't keep the fan base engaged.

That is worst case scenario. That is if all those things happen. We just need to hope and pray that the 2 arrested today, mainly Beard, didn't really do anything that terrible. 

WilsonHog

Quote from: TejasPete on July 22, 2015, 06:07:14 pm
So you think in Year 6,  a coach with one tourney win and a complete rebuild job ahead is acceptable? Come on man, I like Mike but Arkansas deserves better than this.

Year 6?

ricepig

-Blu

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on July 22, 2015, 06:05:47 pm

LOL, +1.

I see all the CMA haters are out in full force today.  I haven't seen some of these guys in months.  This is like winning the NCAA championship for them.  They are probably popping those beer bottles now.

I got confidence that CMA will get things put back together though.  Really need to put all efforts into 2016 recruiting class.  For 2015 I say give Whitt the ultimate green light and let him develop and then get some talent around him next year.

Big Daddy

Is Mike on suicide watch? SMH

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Karma on July 22, 2015, 05:13:40 pm
I don't see it that way. If (when) this season is a bust, it won't fall on Mike. He'll have a depleted team.

Good post, dude you responded to had the predictable gross overreaction.

HogBreath

Uh oh..if that's the case...he's got a really big problem.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Steef

quote author=Tim link=topic=595189.msg9786465#msg9786465 date=1437598194]
Well with what has transpired in the last 30 minutes, is it okay to complain?
[/quote]

Quote from: Tom Bennett on July 22, 2015, 03:53:32 pm
About the situation? Yes. About Mike? No.

HOGINTENNESSEE

He isn't in year 6.

The real Hogules

Well, considering where our program was when Anderson arrived, with me at least Mike should be given enough time to get us back on track.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

HogsonHicks

Quote from: Karma on July 22, 2015, 05:13:40 pm

If the season is a bust it's not Anderson's fault?  How does that logic add up?  I'm not saying it warrants a firing, but how is a bad season in year 5 not his fault?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: HogsonHicks on July 22, 2015, 07:18:14 pm
If the season is a bust it's not Anderson's fault?  How does that logic add up?  I'm not saying it warrants a firing, but how is a bad season in year 5 not his fault?
Uhhhh because he wasn't Kapita's tutor and he doesn't have a psychic to inform him when 3 players with clean records will do something outrageously stupid?

Steef

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 22, 2015, 07:22:46 pm
Uhhhh because he wasn't Kapita's tutor and he doesn't have a psychic to inform him when 3 players with clean records will do something outrageously stupid?

Post of the day.

Thank you.

HogsonHicks

Quote from: BBsTheMan on July 22, 2015, 07:22:46 pm

Uhh, no one checked Kapita's grades, no one had a backup plan for recruiting, and three players he recruited got arrested? 

Should he have a chance beyond next year to recover?  Absolutely!

Should he own the results put up for next year, his 5th in the program?  Absolutely!

Hawgzinbowlz

Biggus Piggus

Basketball wreck. Unavoidable now.
[CENSORED]!

SRV

We've got entirely too many troublemakers here. Too many 40-year-old adolescents, felons, power drinkers and trustees of modern chemistry.....