Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ky Madden to the Grizzlies

Started by Thepigdoctor, June 27, 2015, 11:19:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Thepigdoctor

Madden signed by the Grizzlies Summer team. Big congrats to Ky, hope he shines and gets a look. He certainly has NBA size at the point and while it may not have been the position we truly wanted him playing for the Hogs, at the next level his size at the point would really get him looks. Best of luck young man!

Thepigdoctor

Certainly doesn't hurt our chances with Monk to see that his cousin had his best years under Mike and is now getting a look at the next level. If Qualls hadn't blown out his knee, that'd be three Hogs from the same team going to the NBA in the same season. You can forget that stereotype that Anderson and/or his style can't put players in the league.

Again, great to see for Madden, hope nothing but the best for him, hope he shows out and gets a look from either the Grizz or some other team, even if he has to battle his way through the D-league.

hoglady

Love Ky Madden!!
Hope he does great and wish him nothing but the best.
He gets kinda overlooked sometimes - but we are really going to miss him this year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Thepigdoctor

Quote from: hoglady on June 28, 2015, 06:49:38 am
Love Ky Madden!!
Hope he does great and wish him nothing but the best.
He gets kinda overlooked sometimes - but we are really going to miss him this year.

Couldn't agree more. It's easy to see how much losing Portis will hurt, he was a threat to score from anywhere on the court at anytime, but Ky's contribution all around to the team will be difficult to replace, much like Coty the year before. Ky wasn't always the best decision maker and his defense/awareness quite often allowed a lot to be desired, but I do think he brought a certain level of toughness and will to win that will be hard to replace.

I wish all Hogs nothing but the best once they move on to the next step in life, but it's really easy to cheer for Ky, a kid that could have been a complete bust and let himself be dismissed from the team, but he stuck with it, did what was asked of him, and turned in a really nice career.

husker71

I predict he will be in the NBDL and sometime during the next season will get 2 10 day contracts

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: husker71 on June 28, 2015, 05:32:06 pm
I predict he will be in the NBDL and sometime during the next season will get 2 10 day contracts

That is a very specific prediction.

He should go overseas and make as much money as possible, IMO.

I hope he gets a fair shot in the summer league. I'm afraid they will limit his PT to get Harrison more time

Hawg Red

This will be a good audition for overseas ball clubs. I don't see him making any kind of NBA appearance in the near future.

Cresthog

The Griz really take care of local kids. I appreciate that about their organization.

hawgfan4life

They need summer players and it is a great way for players to audition that believe they can play.  It was very interesting watching Ky Madden's maturity as a player and young man over the past few years.  I never thought he would make it and yet he did.  Proud for him and wish him well.

Iwastherein1969

he'll have Ricky Rubio's position in no longer than a season and a half...Rubio is the most overrated player ever to lace them up in the NBA...if the two were to play one on one right now, my money would be all over Ky....now before you go telling me there's more to NBA offenses than one on one play, let me assure you, I know this....but one on one, Ky Madden would take Rubio's girlfriend and drink his Sangria afterward
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on June 29, 2015, 04:33:15 pm
he'll have Ricky Rubio's position in no longer than a season and a half...Rubio is the most overrated player ever to lace them up in the NBA...if the two were to play one on one right now, my money would be all over Ky....now before you go telling me there's more to NBA offenses than one on one play, let me assure you, I know this....but one on one, Ky Madden would take Rubio's girlfriend and drink his Sangria afterward

Timberwolves looking at Ky?

Also, you're ridiculous.

twistitup

If Ky would focus on his D.....his chances would be much, much better. There was a nba analyst on the radio the other day saying there is a place in the league for lockdown defenders even if they don't contribute much to scoring.

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: twistitup on June 29, 2015, 04:50:05 pm
If Ky would focus on his D.....his chances would be much, much better. There was a nba analyst on the radio the other day saying there is a place in the league for lockdown defenders even if they don't contribute much to scoring.

Ky is a good free throw shooter and can hit the 3, so if made himself a lockdown defender he would have a good NBA career

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on June 29, 2015, 04:50:05 pm

Unfortunately, Ky doesn't have the foot speed/lateral quickness to be a lock down defender.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on June 29, 2015, 04:56:54 pm
Unfortunately, Ky doesn't have the foot speed/lateral quickness to be a lock down defender.

ktf
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

ricepig

Quote from: twistitup on June 29, 2015, 04:58:09 pm
ktf

I've got faith, but he needs more than that. I hope he finds his niche in pro basketball somewhere.

Cresthog

Quote from: Hawg Red on June 29, 2015, 04:43:25 pm
Timberwolves looking at Ky?

Also, you're ridiculous.

Dude they just traded for Tyus Jones.

Has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever seen. Not yours, the guy you quoted.