Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking for South Carolina

Started by mommahog, November 02, 2008, 05:39:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mommahog

We got some great advice for parking for the Auburn game here at Hogville.

Anyone know details for a park and ride situation for South Carolina game? Or any other good parking alternatives?

The_USC_2001

I posted this on another part of your board before I saw this thread.

As far as getting tickets at the game. That should not be a problem. There will be many tickets for sell around the stadium before the game. More than likely you can get them below face value.

The fairgrounds across the stadium have a small general parking area. There are also plenty of businesses around the stadium that sell parking on a game per game basis. If you get there early enough in the morning you can probably find free parking on side of the streets.

We only have shuttles that run from Colonial Life Arena (The Gamecocks Basketball Arena) and Capital City Stadium (Minor League Baseball Stadium). I think the parking in those areas is free but I am not 100% on that. If you were to do the shuttle thing I would recommend parking at the Basketball Arena. It is in the Vista. The Vista is a great downtown area with plenty of great restaurants and Bars. There are also some hotels in the Vista. I am not sure what the availability is of rooms in the Vista.

We do have a great little bar near the Stadium. If you are familiar with the area, If you drive past the stadium on George Rogers Boulevard and cross Bluff Road it will be about two blocks down on the left. It is called the Loose Cockaboose.

南卡罗林纳战斗的雄斗鸡大学
Vaya Gallos de riña
Tigres Chupan

mommahog

hogginbama

"The Loose Cockaboose, because every 'Cock needs a little TLC."

Gotta watch that place, any business that runs an ad like that on the radio has to be a little crazy. ;)
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.