Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dallas Watch Party - ARKANSAS vs. ULM

Started by porknbeans, September 02, 2008, 09:28:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

porknbeans

September 02, 2008, 09:28:51 pm Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 09:47:29 pm by porknbeans
ARKANSAS vs. ULM Watch Party
6:00 P.M., September 6, 2008
*** New SMOKE-FREE Watch Party Location ***
Jerseyville Classic Sports Restaurant
Shops at Willow Bend Mall, Plano

After a season opening 28-24 come-from-behind win over Western Illinois, the Razorbacks travel to Little Rock to host Louisiana-Monroe. This is a PPV (Pay Per View) game for those in Arkansas and Louisiana, but Metroplex Hog fans can watch the game via ESPN GamePlan at the new Watch Party Headquarters of the Greater Dallas Razorback Club, Jerseyville Classic Sports Restaurant.

For those who found the Stadium Café to be too smoky – GOOD NEWS – Jerseyville is a smoke-free restaurant, as is the case for all Plano businesses. Jerseyville is located on the north side of The Shops at Willow Bend mall, next to the food court entrance. The Shops at Willow Bend are located on the northwest corner of Park Road and the Dallas North Tollway (DNT) in Plano, providing easy access from either the DNT or George Bush.

Since this is our first watch party at Jerseyville, we want to show the management how Razorback fans support their team by filling up the place. Don't miss this opportunity to make a great impression on behalf of all Razorback fans.

We would like to get an estimate on how many Razorback fans we can expect there is enough wait staff so Jerseyville can provide good service and we can reserve enough chairs. PLEASE SEND AN RSVP to rsvp@hogfan.com with a note indicating how many Hog fans will be in your group at the watch party.

For updated info, go to the home of Greater Dallas Razorback Club at www.hogfan.com

Watch Party Headquarters

Jerseyville Classic Sports Restaurant
6121 West Park Blvd, Suite R10
Plano, TX 75093
(972) 202-4599
FAX: 972.202.4598
www.jerseyvilleclassic.com

MODS - can you please pin this until after the game? We really need to get the word out on our new watch party location.
Never wrestle with a Hog - you get dirty and the Hog likes it

Hawgvillain

porknbeans

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 02, 2008, 09:56:15 pm
Being that Dallas has a huge following of Hog fans and I just moved back to the best major metropolitan area in America I'll sticky this bad boy in MMQB. Hope other mods will leave it up til sometime tomorrow then we can move it to Hogville on the road forum.

IMHI - thanks for pinning this.

Is there any way to leave this in MMQB, as this will reach the largest number of Dallas fans? In the past, Lanny has been quite supportive of GDRC events by leaving them pinned in MMQB. Lanny, can you help us one more time as we try to establish a new Dallas watch party location? We really want to have a HUGE crowd, and being pinned on Hogville will DEFINITELY help get the word out.

porknbeans

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 02, 2008, 10:21:11 pm
Stadium Cafe was a great place. Hope the new location is as good or better

You will love the new watch party site - much newer and nicer, and a real bonus if you're a non-smoker.

BTW, can you bring the real-life version of your avatar to the party? OTOH, I'd probably end up not watching the game and go home seeing double.

porknbeans

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 02, 2008, 10:54:57 pm
Shoot ! Women who lool like that are all over the Metroplex  ;D

Yeah, but when they possess those 'attributes' and walk like that, they require a continuous flow of green into the waistband (or elsewhere) - or so I'm told  ;)

porknbeans

Quote from: ImHogginIt on September 02, 2008, 10:54:57 pm
Shoot ! Women who lool like that are all over the Metroplex  ;D

OK - prove it by bringing one...

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Let's make some waves.

DeltaBoy

September 03, 2008, 01:37:06 pm #7 Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 01:02:27 pm by DeltaBoy
I'll be there barring the 2nd coming !   the RSVP link doesn't work!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Reservoir Hogs

I will be in Dallas from Fayetteville this weekend, I was hoping to find a place to watch the game with some fellow hog fans.  Looks like I have found my spot!  There will be 2 of us coming. 
Could not RSVP the link...

Razzorduck

I'll be there with at least 2
Looking forward to meeting ya'll
I went to the school formally known as NLU for 2 years then spent the best 3 years of my life on the Hill
83' grad!! GHG!!!
I watched the greatness of Holtz and Sutton

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 03, 2008, 01:37:06 pm
I'll be there baring the 2nd coming !   the RSVP link doesn't work!

That just doesn't sound right...

Unless, you mean "barring"...  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 04, 2008, 10:43:18 am
That just doesn't sound right...

Unless, you mean "barring"...  :)

Fixed that thanks
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

Ex-Trumpet

Still trying to get the wife to go...or to get a hall pass!!  :)
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

DeltaBoy

I spent the last half hour working on getting there with out driving down a Toll Road  Google maps and Yahoo maps love those toll roads.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

porknbeans

Quote from: dj shanon on September 05, 2008, 02:47:07 pm
I'm going to try to be there..

NS - how will I recognize you without your Nutt protest fur?

BTW, all you Hogvillians can easily identify me - I'll be wearing the Hog cap with the blinking eyeballs. Be sure to come up and say hello and buy me a beer  ;D

As of now, we have RSVPs for about 80, so I suspect we may have a crowd of 100 - 120+, which would be a great first turnout.

If you haven't rsvp'd yet, please send an email with a head count to watchparty@hogfan.com

porknbeans

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on September 04, 2008, 05:42:26 pm
Still trying to get the wife to go...or to get a hall pass!!  :)

Did you get your hall pass???

Let's make some waves.

wish there was a way we could know who all the other hogvillians were....we should maybe  how does that work other than asking or pm numbers?
Let's make some waves.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: hogfanintx on September 06, 2008, 09:25:35 am
wish there was a way we could know who all the other hogvillians were....we should maybe  how does that work other than asking or pm numbers?

That's why I've been trying to get someone to do Hogville T-Shirts with our moniker somewhere on them.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

I will turn the white razorback hat around backwards.  hog logo will be in fromt.  maybe that will help you spot me..
Let's make some waves.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: porknbeans on September 06, 2008, 08:44:28 am
Did you get your hall pass???

Got the hall pass!!  What time is everyone gonna start gathering?  Or, are y'all already there?  :)

Tejano Jawg

Bump (so I can refer back to this in a couple hours).

Number One son and I are coming. Plano, huh? I better have a full tank of gas.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Ex-Trumpet

I'll be the good lookin' guy in the hog shirt and hat!  :)