Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thon Maker Class of 2016-- Basketball

Started by widespreadsooie, February 13, 2014, 09:50:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

widespreadsooie

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/thon-maker

This kid is amazing, must watch videos. 7'0 footer being compared to Kevin Durant.

ZERO

Anyone with the last name Maker is an instant classic.
Quote from: Squealers on December 30, 2014, 05:14:49 pmCharlie Strong and I have something in common... yesterday we both got colonoscopies.

Quote"These fans hate Texas more than they like themselves."

hollywood hog

I saw his video on Yahoo for the first time a couple days ago.  That dude could be the next NBA megastar.  Never seen anything like that from a legitimate 7 footer. 

Tylerhog

Wow! That dude is amazing! Go get'em Mike!

acepoker

Hatleyville454

RazorPiggie

HUNGLOWHOG

HogsBalls

Don't ever mention his name and Durant's in the same sentence.

yraciv

Quote from: HogsBalls on February 14, 2014, 09:50:26 am
Don't ever mention his name and Durant's in the same sentence.

Why not? Everyone is looking for a NBA comparison these days, and that is what his game resembles. He's not saying he is Kevin Durant, but he plays the same style of game.

Also, interesting fact about Thon I just learned earlier this week is he has a brother a year younger that is a very similar player.  Obviously Thon is the star of their high school team, but younger brother, Matur Maker, is 6'10, and putting up 7 pts,7 reb, and 3 blk a game as a FR.  He could be one to watch as well.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: yraciv on February 14, 2014, 12:07:55 pm
Why not? Everyone is looking for a NBA comparison these days, and that is what his game resembles. He's not saying he is Kevin Durant, but he plays the same style of game.

Also, interesting fact about Thon I just learned earlier this week is he has a brother a year younger that is a very similar player.  Obviously Thon is the star of their high school team, but younger brother, Matur Maker, is 6'10, and putting up 7 pts,7 reb, and 3 blk a game as a FR.  He could be one to watch as well.

And the only time either will every play in BWA is if we schedule the University they sign with.

yraciv

Quote from: RazorPiggie            (Matt D) on February 14, 2014, 02:27:43 pm
And the only time either will every play in BWA is if we schedule the University they sign with.

This is true!

rzrbackramsfan

Hey you never know what can happen. 

onebadrubi

Anderson is showing to every future big man with Kingsley why they should consider not coming to Arkansas.  I'm sorry, I fully support this program and its coaches, but the fact that I'm games like last night that we don't get our best rim defense in is absurd.  Sure you can argue my point by using Portis, but my point is to say Portis is a legit great 4, and Moses is a legit all SEC 5 before his career at Arkansas is over.  Rotate them seperately and overlap their minutes and we make the next giant leap forward!!!

ChicoHog

He turns 17 next week and he's a sophomore?  anyone see a problem with that?  Should be a junior. 

yraciv

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 14, 2014, 08:52:42 pm
He turns 17 next week and he's a sophomore?  anyone see a problem with that?  Should be a junior. 

He left Sudan at the age of 5 for Australia and then moved to Louisiana for middle school so I'm sure that has something to do with him being an old SO. Guess it could affect whether he goes to college at all, but shouldn't affect his high school career.

RazorCraft

I coach in Fayetteville and several of my students/players said they heard at an AAU tourney that he is moving to NLR...something to do with family.  I called bs, but they were positive they heard it.  Trust me I know more than anyone not to trust preteens and teens with their rumors, but I was just curious if anyone else has heard these rumblings?

WPS
This is a show-me world and I'm sick of talking!
CBP

sickboy

Quote from: RazorCraft on February 20, 2014, 04:01:58 pm
I coach in Fayetteville and several of my students/players said they heard at an AAU tourney that he is moving to NLR...something to do with family.  I called bs, but they were positive they heard it.  Trust me I know more than anyone not to trust preteens and teens with their rumors, but I was just curious if anyone else has heard these rumblings?

WPS

Dear baby Jesus, let it be true.

sickboy

Can you imagine Malik Monk and Thon Maker on the same team...

Fatmanhog

Quote from: sickboy1138.2 on February 20, 2014, 05:14:54 pm
Can you imagine Malik Monk and Thon Maker on the same team...

yes, with very wonderul thoughts.
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

The Hogfather

mhuff

Quote from: RazorCraft on February 20, 2014, 04:01:58 pm

WPS

+1

Thanks coach .... good info. That would be great.

72756Hog

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 14, 2014, 08:30:41 pm
Anderson is showing to every future big man with Kingsley why they should consider not coming to Arkansas.  I'm sorry, I fully support this program and its coaches, but the fact that I'm games like last night that we don't get our best rim defense in is absurd.  Sure you can argue my point by using Portis, but my point is to say Portis is a legit great 4, and Moses is a legit all SEC 5 before his career at Arkansas is over.  Rotate them seperately and overlap their minutes and we make the next giant leap forward!!!
You do know Moses is banged up right? He tweaked his back against Mizzou and I think I remember hearing his hip was a little sore before our last game too. But yeah, other than that CMA's an idiot for not playing him more.
Never argue with stupid people, they'll just drag you down to their level and win by experience.

mhuff

February 21, 2014, 03:25:51 pm #23 Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 07:27:04 pm by mhuff

+1
One, I agree with a lot that you have said.... the message is not good. I would say that I knew Kingsley was banged up. So, I did not say anything about him not playing a great deal. The travesty is not the last game , but how he has not used Kingsley all season long. I believe , with all my head and heart, that we would have won more games had he been playing 20-24 minutes a game. It makes no sense. I guess MA is showing us his "wisdom" by saving him.

I would only say that I would play him with Portis. They play well together. Correct me if I am wrong, but Kingsley is the most productive player per minute playing on the roster. We wouldn't want to wear him out.  ;)

sickboy

Quote from: mhuff on February 21, 2014, 03:25:51 pm
+1
One, I agree with a lot that you have said.... the message is not good. I would say that I knew Kingsley was banged up. So, I did not say anything about him not playing a great deal. The travesty is not the last game , but how he has not used Kingsley all season long. I believe , with all my head and heart, that we would have won more games had he been playing 20-24 minutes a game. It makes no sense. I guess MA is showing us his "wisdom" by saving him.

I would only say that I would play him with Portis. They play well together. Correct me if I am wrong, but Kingsley is the most productive player per minute played on the roster. We wouldn't want to wear him out.  ;)

Kingsley is hugely productive. But he's had nagging injuries. Hence his lower minutes. Still, he's only a freshman and the team is getting better and better. We're on track to possibly win more games this year than last, so that'd mean we got better every year since Mike Anderson took over. I don't see how anyone can say that's not positive, unless you just plainly disagree with the way the team is coached.

I for one am really happy where this program is headed. We haven't even had players like Kingsley and Portis in I can't even remember. Qualls is only a sophomore and we've potentially got starting PG coming in next year in Anton Beard and another great player in Nick Babb coming in at SG.

If Beard and Babb pan out...we could have a starting five of Anton Beard, Nick Babb, Michael Qualls, Bobby Portis and Moses Kingsley for a couple years. That squad is going to win more games.

HiggiePiggy

So what you are saying is he's going to Kentucky?.....
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

lightsout

Show this guy tapes of Todd Day and say "this will be you." 

hambone

Kingsley was considered a project coming out of HS. He was supposed to have little offensive game while being able to block shots and get some rebounds.

He is ahead of that assessment for sure. I guess his improvement happened through osmosis according to you instead of development by our staff.

Right now, he has to back up Portis so that we can have size on the court at all times. With another Big, it would be possible to play him more, but that wouldn't jibe with your poor attitude toward our coach.

onebadrubi

Quote from: hambone on February 21, 2014, 06:37:29 pm
Kingsley was considered a project coming out of HS. He was supposed to have little offensive game while being able to block shots and get some rebounds.

He is ahead of that assessment for sure. I guess his improvement happened through osmosis according to you instead of development by our staff.

Right now, he has to back up Portis so that we can have size on the court at all times. With another Big, it would be possible to play him more, but that wouldn't jibe with your poor attitude toward our coach.

You take Arkansas reporters words for kingsleys scouting report out of high school, then want to accuse me of not giving the credit to this staff for making him what he is at this point?  Sorry, but I support this staff as much as anyone on here, but Kingsley is still raw and I believe is just as raw as when he walked into BWA the first game.  I think his game is NEEDED in games like at mizzou to protect the rim.  So his and Portis's minutes must overlap in a unique sub pattern when both guys are healthy. 

I'm sorry, but in today's basketball world, players of Portis and kingsleys talent don't back each other up, they play side by side. 

And again to reiterate it, I don't have a poor attitude to mike and his staff.  I would like his answer to WHY he's mentioned playing them
In games when he knows he needs too and come crunch time he doesn't do it?  Also games like Georgia why Scott was given the chance to pound the bucket time and time again and turn it over.  But, hey!, I'll admit, it's easier to criticize than to coach.  I'm not advocating I could do better, because I could not.  But I am a poor mans critic which equals one hell of a fan!

SPAL

Lol. This is just stupid. I'm sorry guys, I don't typically say things like that, but this is 5 ways of stupid. This level of stupid cannot be measured. This is Peter Griffin meets Kelly Bundy stupid.

Even more than stupid, it's misguided. This is an example of someone with an agenda popping off at the mouth against mike Anderson without knowing all the facts. As has been pointed out , MK is a banged up true freshman who hasn't played a whole lot of organized ball.

In your pseudo-pedantic ramblings, you forgot that Bobby Portis holds the freshman single game scoring record, is our leading scorer and rebounder, has been named freshman of the week multiple times, and will no doubt be an All SEC freshman. He is considered a big guy even if your preemptive tactic to discredit him as such says otherwise.

But bash away.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 22, 2014, 04:59:25 am
Lol. This is just stupid. I'm sorry guys, I don't typically say things like that, but this is 5 ways of stupid. This level of stupid cannot be measured. This is Peter Griffin meets Kelly Bundy stupid.

Even more than stupid, it's misguided. This is an example of someone with an agenda popping off at the mouth against mike Anderson without knowing all the facts. As has been pointed out , MK is a banged up true freshman who hasn't played a whole lot of organized ball.

In your pseudo-pedantic ramblings, you forgot that Bobby Portis holds the freshman single game scoring record, is our leading scorer and rebounder, has been named freshman of the week multiple times, and will no doubt be an All SEC freshman. He is considered a big guy even if your preemptive tactic to discredit him as such says otherwise.

But bash away.

In your derailed misguided cracked out minded post, you forgot to look at post dates.  My post was made about Moses and Mike before he was banged up.  Pull up my post history, I have no agenda at all.  Yes bobby will be a multi year all SEC player, WHERE have I discredited Portis here in anyway?  He's a 4 front to basket kind of guy.  Moses is a back to basketball 5 kind of guy, a rim protector. 

Your agenda to attack to feel superior is shining bright.  It's easier for you to group me in an agenda driven bracket like FCj or some of the haters instead of debating the facts.  Miles coaching has lost us a couple games.  The guy has flat out admitted in post game pressers he's forgotten about Moses down on the bench.  All that said, mike is a hell of an upgrade from pelphrey and I hope he stays here 20+ years because he wins, not for anything else.

So I'll say it again for your slow preemptive mis guided mind,
I'm not bashing Portis.  Never have and never will, he's too damn good of a player for us and has done nothing worth of bashing. 

mhuff

Quote from: hambone on February 21, 2014, 06:37:29 pm

Hambone, the guys in this forum said he was a project. However, coming out of h.s. Kingsley was rated the fourth or fifth best center in the U.S. Portis was rated in the top 5 as a PF. Kingsley played on the #1 prep school in the nation. He is the most productive player on our team per minute played. The statement that MA said that he forgot about Kingsley is pure negligence. MA just needs to get it together on several fronts..... mainly, obviously road victories. His record is abysmal.

immahog

No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog