Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is NOT time to empty the stadium

Started by FANONTHEHILL, November 05, 2017, 12:16:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AflacHawg

Just tell them "We're LONG on integrity" and move on..
Some Will, Some Won't, So What!!!

And...if a prospective recruit or family member  is asking a parent of a current player questions, then they have already made up their mind....they are just looking for verification.

swineology

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 05, 2017, 12:16:53 pm
People are mad, that's understandable.  But don't stop attending games.  Get on the phone, write an email, write a letter.  Contact the Razorback Foundation, The Board of Trustrees, your local state congressman, or the chancellor.  The reason I say this is because it really doesn't hurt the university to have an empty seat that they've already sold. 

But here is something that does hurt the program.  My son is a redshirt sophomore.  He has two more years.  I want 2018 and 2019 to be better.  But I also want 2020 and beyond to be even better than that.  At yesterday's game, I was approached by a family member of player on a visit.  He saw my parent wristband and asked if I had someone on the team. I told them that I did.  They then asked, "it's homecoming and there's a crowd like this?"  "Why would you want to be part something where the fans turn on the boys during a tough time?"

So how am I supposed to answer that question?  Young men that could help this team in the future are watching what the fans are doing this year.  If the recruits don't think they'll be supported, they could likely come back to Razorback Stadium on the other sideline.  Think about that before you boycott games.

I know you're pissed off.  I'm pissed off.  But for the sake of the future of the program you need to show players, current and thise that could potentially help this program, that you will be there for them.  Please keep this in mind when you consider the Miss St and Mizzou games.

All in FOTH

I remember Crowe and Ford

Arthur pigby sellers.

People are mad, that's understandable.  But don't stop attending games.  Get on the phone, write an email, write a letter.  Contact the Razorback Foundation, The Board of Trustrees, your local state congressman, or the chancellor.  The reason I say this is because it really doesn't hurt the university to have an empty seat that they've already sold. 

But here is something that does hurt the program.  My son is a redshirt sophomore.  He has two more years.  I want 2018 and 2019 to be better.  But I also want 2020 and beyond to be even better than that.  At yesterday's game, I was approached by a family member of player on a visit.  He saw my parent wristband and asked if I had someone on the team. I told them that I did.  They then asked, "it's homecoming and there's a crowd like this?"  "Why would you want to be part something where the fans turn on the boys during a tough time?"

So how am I supposed to answer that question?  Young men that could help this team in the future are watching what the fans are doing this year.  If the recruits don't think they'll be supported, they could likely come back to Razorback Stadium on the other sideline.  Think about that before you boycott games.

I know you're pissed off.  I'm pissed off.  But for the sake of the future of the program you need to show players, current and thise that could potentially help this program, that you will be there for them.  Please keep this in mind when you consider the Miss St and Mizzou games.

On TV it seemed like the crowd was decent for a team with our record playing a team well below our level of competition. It costs the average family that doesn't live in NW Arkansas several thousand to make the trip. It's hard to justify that to watch a cellar dweller play Coastal Carolina.

hogfanmd

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 05, 2017, 01:20:31 pm
With all due respect, some of the blame falls on the boys. They are the ones that have quit in several games. They are the ones that came out and didn't play hard yesterday, and got embarrassed.

Look
These kids were recruited and picked Arkansas
They goto practice and sweat and bleed for this college
It's the COACHES job to get them prepared. 
It the coaches job to pick them up when down.
It's the coaches job to recruit.
Let's not travel that road please

What would have Sabin done on the sideline with these same kids Yesterday

ShadowHawg

Dwindling attendance brings about change not emails. Administrations figure fans vote with their butts. If you like our current situation, by all means keep going to games.

If change is what you want, don't go.

elksnort

It happens at every program that is struggling. Fans being discontent is not unique to Arkansas. You look around the country and there are many empty seats at even teams that are winning. Get a new coaching staff in there and all will be well.  it will give people hope

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: STLHogFan on November 05, 2017, 01:14:53 pm
Like it or not college football is now big business. You put a crappy team on the field year after year the fans will stop going. Perfect example, turn on the tv right now and look at the empty stadium at NY Giants game. Stop preaching.

The not going thing is dumb now.  The time to stop supporting is the offseason when tickets are renewed and donations given if you want to have a financial impact.  The RF and UA athletic department already has the money for this season.  The concessions would suffer.  Fans can make a statement about the product by not going.  But the money has already been collected. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

elksnort

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 05, 2017, 01:25:51 pm
Dwindling attendance brings about change not emails. Administrations figure fans vote with their butts. If you like our current situation, by all means keep going to games.

THIS.

It's like thinking that when you write your Congressman changes are going to occur. The notion is naive.

hogfanmd

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 05, 2017, 01:27:59 pm
When I see guys on the sideline joking around when we are getting hammered by auburn, or guys doing th same thing when we are down to coastal carolina, who does that fall on. Yes poor coaching. But at some point motivation must come from within. I saw several on the sideline that just don't care. I will leave it at that.

I agree with you but what do you think Sabin or BP would have done with that behavior.  If you permit it you promote it

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 05, 2017, 01:27:55 pm
The not going thing is dumb now.  The time to stop supporting is the offseason when tickets are renewed and donations given if you want to have a financial impact.  The RF and UA athletic department already has the money for this season.  The concessions would suffer.  Fans can make a statement about the product by not going.  But the money has already been collected.

No, dwindling attendance is a precursor to dropping ticket sales. It sends a message without actually setting the program back financially.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 05, 2017, 01:25:51 pm

It doesn't now like it used to.  The tickets have been sold and donations to get them given.  The poor attendance in basketball started two seasons ago.  Less than 50% capacity for BWA for two seasons in a row.  That would equate to less than 36,000 fans on avg in RRS for two straight football seasons.  It doesn't matter in these sports like it used to having poor attendance.  The season ticket holders bought again and donated again in high enough numbers to take the financial aspect out of the equation. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 05, 2017, 01:31:21 pm
No, dwindling attendance is a precursor to dropping ticket sales. It sends a message without actually setting the program back financially.

Affect it this offseason if Bielema were to be kept.  But athletic departments have somewhat shielded themselves by creating an urgency to keep the season tickets in order to not lose your place.  Keep buying and wait till things turn around is what they hope people will do. 

#1Fan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 05, 2017, 01:27:55 pm
Nope.  They are not mutually exclusive.  We can do both and must if anything is going to change.

hobhog

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 05, 2017, 12:58:34 pm
When you can't market a coaching staff that you are uncertain will remain in place, you market facilities and fan base.  What people could be doing by not coming to games  is putting program another 5 years back.

The attendance has been pretty strong until yesterday. It's a direct result of disappointment and not being competitive. No damage will be done to program these next two home games, but if no change is made next year could be a disaster.

A new regime and stadium will get people back.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: #1Fan on November 05, 2017, 01:35:53 pm
Nope.  They are not mutually exclusive.  We can do both and must if anything is going to change.

Do it this offseason then if Bielema is kept. 

AflacHawg

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on November 05, 2017, 01:27:59 pm
When I see guys on the sideline joking around when we are getting hammered by auburn, or guys doing the same thing when we are down to coastal carolina, who does that fall on. Yes poor coaching. But at some point motivation must come from within. I saw several on the sideline that just don't care. I will leave it at that.

Observation...imitation...repetition

The Coaches act like they don't care, the players imitate and do it over and over again.

Observation..imitation..repetition = the basis of learning new skill sets.

hawgmasta

Quote from: STLHogFan on November 05, 2017, 01:14:53 pm
Like it or not college football is now big business. You put a crappy team on the field year after year the fans will stop going. Perfect example, turn on the tv right now and look at the empty stadium at NY Giants game. Stop preaching.

I think you're right. Especially with how cheap it is to watch a 60" HD tv broadcast at home.  I think most of us that post a lot on a razorback fan site are hardcore and would show up no matter what; but every fan base is made up of mostly fair weather fans. Do you think auburn, LSU, USC etc would be showing out in droves if in year 5 they were going to struggle to make it to 4-8? I highly doubt it.

#1Fan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 05, 2017, 01:37:04 pm
Do it this offseason then if Bielema is kept.
But the goal is that he not be kept, is it not?

Seebs

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 05, 2017, 12:57:06 pm
A steak is a "product." A shirt is a "product." I am not passionate about a steak or a shirt.

Shouldn't an athletic program and a university that I have supported for over 30 years be more than a "product?"

So would this technically be a bi-product?

To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Oklahawg

Quote from: hawgon on November 05, 2017, 12:23:37 pm
I love the school and I love the program.  I want it to do well.  I don't love this team.  There isn't much to like about this team. 

There are 105 players who deserve 100% of your support. You can root like a champ and still discreetly hope that there is a change.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: #1Fan on November 05, 2017, 01:39:11 pm
But the goal is that he not be kept, is it not?

Yes.  But the UA already has the money for this season.  Staying away will have little financial impact which is what the earlier discussion was about this being a business.  Staying away will make a statement about fan unhappiness and could be a sign about renewals although I doubt very many wouldn't renew. 

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 05, 2017, 01:35:25 pm
Affect it this offseason if Bielema were to be kept.  But athletic departments have somewhat shielded themselves by creating an urgency to keep the season tickets in order to not lose your place.  Keep buying and wait till things turn around is what they hope people will do.

Slow ticket sales always follows poor attendance. Administrations know this and will move to head it off at the pass.

hogfanmd

Quote from: AflacHawg on November 05, 2017, 01:38:31 pm
Observation...imitation...repetition

The Coaches act like they don't care, the players imitate and do it over and over again.

Observation..imitation..repetition = the basis of learning new skill sets.

Sabin can be up 3TDs and walk off for half time pissed and looking like he's about to chew someone's A$$ out

Coaches set the tone and expectations and demand accountability
I have not seen any of that on our sidelines since motorcycle-gate.
If you can be jolly Ole coach B and still win ...great ...if it looks like keystone cops then not so good and expect the scrutiny

ShadowTheHedgehog

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 05, 2017, 01:41:34 pm
There are 105 players who deserve 100% of your support. You can root like a champ and still discreetly hope that there is a change.

100% agree. I love this team - I just hate the situation they are forced to deal with.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: ShadowHawg on November 05, 2017, 01:42:30 pm
Slow ticket sales always follows poor attendance. Administrations know this and will move to head it off at the pass.

Maybe they will take this sign more seriously in football given the revenue it produces and amount it pays for in the athletic department.  I think the decision has already been made by both sides to part ways.  And I would hope the players would get some fan support. 

Cambridge Hog

it is the ADs job to step in and calm the storm. the coaching is a joke and the fans know it. yet, the AD stays quiet. what do you expect the fans to do?

fans are hurting recruiting as bad as this coaching staff. our program is a joke right now and playing time is about all that can be sold.

I'm not advocating for staying away. but i get why people don't want to go given the product.

WilsonHog

I wonder how many players want a change this afternoon?

I wonder how many fans do?

Cross purposes.

As for me, nothing that happens over the next three weeks will convince me that Bielema should get a sixth season at UA.

Mr Jade

In all seriousness, how do we show our dissatisfaction then? I'm not trying to ask a leading question, or anything, I just want to know.

If booing is classless (it is), not showing up is bad form, and we aren't supposed to want the Hogs to do anything other than win, what can we do? Just call the University?
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

hawgon

No, they don't.  This is the real world.  You get nothing unless you earn it.  You deserve nothing unless you earn and produce.  Time for these kids to learn that.

rude1

Totally disagree, stadium full of cheering fans = there is no problem to the bean counters.

#1Fan

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on November 05, 2017, 01:41:52 pm
Yes.  But the UA already has the money for this season.  Staying away will have little financial impact which is what the earlier discussion was about this being a business.  Staying away will make a statement about fan unhappiness and could be a sign about renewals although I doubt very many wouldn't renew.
I agree there is very little financial impact to staying away, since they have the ticket money already.  But unless Long and the BOT only care about money and nothing else, like national image, prestige, affect on recruiting when visits are made to a half-full stadium, then it has to have some effect.  If there's no pressure on Long and Bielema does stay another year, he'll simply rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic like he did after last season - fire a few assistants, announce a new scheme, put a special emphasis on something, etc. and everyone will be back here again in August predicting a 9 or 10 win season.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

wildhogman

Quote from: hawgon on November 05, 2017, 12:21:25 pm
Yeah, sorry.  I guess maybe they shouldn’t come if they aren’t smart enough to understand the issue at hand.
The parents may understand. But your counting on a 17 year old understanding the mentality of "adults" acting like that in tough times. these are the same kids that will be counting on the college they attend to help them in life after football.  I don't think your sending the right message there. And don't give me the "if they aren't smart enough to see whats going on speech".  Your the same one who whined about play makers such as korliss marshal being moved on down the road.  We need those type players.  Think that 17 year old is going to understand, or even care?   All he cares about is glory and 70,000 fans chanting his name. Hard to do with 40K on home coming.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Mr Jade on November 05, 2017, 01:46:29 pm
In all seriousness, how do we show our dissatisfaction then? I'm not trying to ask a leading question, or anything, I just want to know.

If booing is classless (it is), not showing up is bad form, and we aren't supposed to want the Hogs to do anything other than win, what can we do? Just call the University?

Write a letter to the RF and copy Jeff Long. Indicate a likelihood you will non-renew your tickets if a change isn't made. If you attend other sporting events at UA suggest you'll diminish your donation to those sports as well.

Unlike some jackass like Hawgon, support the players and be adult in your criticism of the program.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wants2Win

Sunbelt  caliber team deserves sunbelt caliber crowd.

Augustus

Excuse me... but... just as it was your son's decision to attend the UofA and play for the UofA... it's every fan's decision to attend or not attend a game.

None of us fans "demanded" your son attend or play for the UofA. So... don't presume to "demand" fans to attend games.

We have a legitimate issue with the state of Arkansas football. And, on Homecoming weekend, the empty stadium is the best way to voice those concerns. 

NOT, as you suggest: "Contact the Razorback Foundation, The Board of Trustrees, your local state congressman, or the chancellor."... 

and your suggestion of "contact your local state congressman" is absolutely ridiculous. I want my state congressman to govern. Not wasting his time & tax payer dollars focusing on the Razorback Football program that he can't do anything about, anyways.

How should answer that question asked by the parent of a visiting recruit? 

How about: "Well, my son is pursuing his degree in <insert major here>, and the UofA has one of the best <insert major here> programs in the country. Given the statistics, I realize my son won't be going to the NFL, so this is just a means to an end, for my son to get his degree... They are all just kids going to college, after all, and they just happen to play football on Saturdays.

Also... if my son does do well on the football field, and my son decides to stay & work in Arkansas after college... I know that the State of Arkansas will stay true to him.
- A former quarterback (Clint Stoerner) opened a insurance agency and was successful, because Hog fans loved him
- A former tight end (DJ Williams) is a member of Arkansas TV news & sports media, because Hog fans loved him
- A former basketball player (Sydney Moncrief) owned a very successful car dealership, because Hog fans loved him
- A former quarterback (Quinn Grovey) is a member of Arkansas TV news & sports media, because Hog fans loved him
- A former linebacker (David Bazzel) is a member of Arkansas TV/Radio news & sports media, because Hog fans loved him... he went on to start the Nationally respected Broyles Award.

This is not about my son, or the players... this is about the fact that we all recognize that a coaching change is needed... and is most likely coming. And, I would hope you & your son account for that, before considering the UofA. Hopefully the Administration will act decisively to remove any doubt about the future of the Razorbacks."

Don't sugarcoat it... To do so would be insulting to the recruit and the parents.  The Razorback football program is in complete disarray.  Yesterday, we almost lost to a 1st year FBS team, the worst in the Sunbelt conference, with an interim head coach and a backup QB & RB.

I feel for your son and all the kids that have had to endure the last 5 years of what has been a calamity of Razorback Football. But the fans are actually on your's & your son's side.  Fans are hopefully making their voices heard to correct the calamity that has become Razorback Football.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: BoynamedWooPigSooie on November 05, 2017, 12:53:31 pm
ummm. no.

Haven't attended a game of the Bielema era and I won't waste a dollar of my money or a minute of my life on a dullard program.

You haven't been to a game in 5 years...?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Oklahawg

Quote from: hawgon on November 05, 2017, 01:46:58 pm
No, they don't.  This is the real world.  You get nothing unless you earn it.  You deserve nothing unless you earn and produce.  Time for these kids to learn that.

So, if I don't agree with the president I can disrespect members of the armed services? You have every opportunity to be the poster child for helicopter parenting. I feel bad for your kid's coaches.

Seebs

Mr. Sone. This is what the recruits are coming into. The committed will be speaking to a new coach and staff to re-recruit these kids in December and January.  If the damage is done, it is done.  We almost lost to Coastal Carolina.  That should have said more than the attendance.

Lots of opportunity to play next year.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 05, 2017, 01:49:32 pm
Sunbelt  caliber team deserves sunbelt caliber crowd.

When you schedule an opponent with zero pizzazz to inspire fans to appear in the first place...that is part of the problem. You are counting on the team being 6-2 coming in and sustaining some sort of interest in beating a rent-a-win. Sunbelt competition is a small part of the problem. When you team is underwhelming that is a bigger challenge.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: #1Fan on November 05, 2017, 01:48:10 pm
I agree there is very little financial impact to staying away, since they have the ticket money already.  But unless Long and the BOT only care about money and nothing else, like national image, prestige, affect on recruiting when visits are made to a half-full stadium, then it has to have some effect.  If there's no pressure on Long and Bielema does stay another year, he'll simply rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic like he did after last season - fire a few assistants, announce a new scheme, put a special emphasis on something, etc. and everyone will be back here again in August predicting a 9 or 10 win season.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

I don't buy into the Long isn't feeling pressure or doesn't care about winning.  He played college football.  Coached briefly.  Was a GA for Bo Schembechler.  He is not some arrogant engineer academic nerd like John White.  I think he is more patient, too patient for many of us, with the coaches.  But he does answer to people too. 

Hogtimes

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 05, 2017, 12:58:34 pm
When you can't market a coaching staff that you are uncertain will remain in place, you market facilities and fan base.  What people could be doing by not coming to games  is putting program another 5 years back.

I fully understand you want support for the team that your son is a member of.  However, it is futile trying to sell facilities  or fan support as long as Bielema is the coach.  Recruiting will be a disaster until we have a new coach.    Not attending  the games will have no effect on future recruiting,  If Bielema stays it will be a disaster.   With a new coach...recent attendance will be of no consequence.

hawgon

Does a normal college student who is half assing it and making Ds and Fs deserve your support or does someone need to tell him to quit wasting everyone's time and get a job? 

Long past time for someone to read the riot act to these kids. Wearing that uniform is a privilege and if they don't have enough pride to do better than they are doing no matter what kind of a fat slob coach they have, then they need to quit wasting everyone's time.

East Clintwood

Quote from: rude1 on November 05, 2017, 12:27:21 pm
Yeah because that full stadium is what has allowed them to assemble this current talented roster!!!!!!    Let's not do something that's going to stop our current momentum!!!

And that same full stadium allowed us to obtain and retain this current talented coaching staff and AD.  Let's not do something that's going to stop our current momentum!!!
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

#1Fan

Quote from: Augustus on November 05, 2017, 01:50:09 pm
Excuse me... but... just as it was your son's decision to attend the UofA and play for the UofA... it's every fan's decision to attend or not attend a game.

None of us fans "demanded" your son attend or play for the UofA. So... don't presume to "demand" fans to attend games.

We have a legitimate issue with the state of Arkansas football. And, on Homecoming weekend, the empty stadium is the best way to voice those concerns. 

NOT, as you suggest: "Contact the Razorback Foundation, The Board of Trustrees, your local state congressman, or the chancellor."... 

and your suggestion of "contact your local state congressman" is absolutely ridiculous. I want my state congressman to govern. Not wasting his time & tax payer dollars focusing on the Razorback Football program that he can't do anything about, anyways.

How about: "Well, my son is pursuing his degree in <insert major here>, and the UofA has one of the best <insert major here> programs in the country. Given the statistics, I realize my son won't be going to the NFL, so this is just a means to an end, for my son to get his degree... They are all just kids going to college, after all, and they just happen to play football on Saturdays.

Also... if my son does do well on the football field, and my son decides to stay & work in Arkansas after college... I know that the State of Arkansas will stay true to him.
- A former quarterback (Clint Stoerner) opened a insurance agency and was successful, because Hog fans loved him
- A former tight end (DJ Williams) is a member of Arkansas TV news & sports media, because Hog fans loved him
- A former basketball player (Sydney Moncrief) owned a very successful car dealership, because Hog fans loved him
- A former quarterback (Quinn Grovey) is a member of Arkansas TV news & sports media, because Hog fans loved him
- A former linebacker (David Bazzel) is a member of Arkansas TV/Radio news & sports media, because Hog fans loved him... he went on to start the Nationally respected Broyles Award.

This is not about my son, or the players... this is about the fact that we all recognize that a coaching change is needed... and is most likely coming. And, I would hope you & your son account for that, before considering the UofA. Hopefully the Administration will act decisively to remove any doubt about the future of the Razorbacks."

Don't sugarcoat it... To do so would be insulting to the recruit and the parents.  The Razorback football program is in complete disarray.  Yesterday, we almost lost to a 1st year FBS team, the worst in the Sunbelt conference, with an interim head coach and a backup QB & RB.

I feel for your son and all the kids that have had to endure the last 5 years of what has been a calamity of Razorback Football. But the fans are actually on your's & your son's side.  Fans are hopefully making their voices heard to correct the calamity that has become Razorback Football.
Best post in the thread so far.

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on November 05, 2017, 01:27:49 pm
It happens at every program that is struggling. Fans being discontent is not unique to Arkansas. You look around the country and there are many empty seats at even teams that are winning. Get a new coaching staff in there and all will be well.  it will give people hope

So, are you going to buy season tickets with a coaching change, be honest, now.

birmingHAMette

Quote from: hogfanmd on November 05, 2017, 01:16:27 pm

This is important factor. 
I donate and buy the tickets.   If we are not even competitive then why drive 8 hours and waste more money on 2 nights hotel and food , etc.  no matter how big a fan you are, unless your time and resources are unlimited how do you not justify cutting your loses
I'm not culpable In setting the program back. 

This is where I'm at now. Season tickets, donations, traveled  to all the games for years even during the dark JLS year in hopes of better times-supporting the team. Tried to give Bret time to right the ship finally we had enough. I just can't justify that much money, great distance, and time for what we saw Saturday.
Go Hogs

Wants2Win

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 05, 2017, 01:53:31 pm
When you schedule an opponent with zero pizzazz to inspire fans to appear in the first place...that is part of the problem. You are counting on the team being 6-2 coming in and sustaining some sort of interest in beating a rent-a-win. Sunbelt competition is a small part of the problem. When you team is underwhelming that is a bigger challenge.
I was talking about the hogs.

hawgon

Quote from: Oklahawg on November 05, 2017, 01:51:03 pm
So, if I don't agree with the president I can disrespect members of the armed services? You have every opportunity to be the poster child for helicopter parenting. I feel bad for your kid's coaches.

Leave the Army analogies to those of us who have actually been in it.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Augustus on November 05, 2017, 01:50:09 pm

As a parent of a recruit (different sport) this is a very good post.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

wildhogman

Quote from: hawgon on November 05, 2017, 12:41:44 pm
Every player that was dancing around like they had actually accomplished something yesterday needs to be gone in a perfect world.
or you could just go away. Or better, have fan on the hill arrange a meeting so you can tell those players to their face they need to be gone in "your perfect world".  People like you are the reason I hate Nutt. What he did to certain players and to the program is unforgivable. What you did and are doing is equivalent to treason.