Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone have ACL Knee Surgery and then got back to playing soon?

Started by firehogs, June 16, 2006, 12:51:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

firehogs

Wondering how long did it take you to get back on the course after surgery?  And did the twisting effect anything in your shots?  I had surgery 9 days ago.
GO ADHA!
GO HOGS!

hawgdaddy306

It was 6 months to the day after my ACL nightmare...errr....surgery.  I dont envy you, good luck.
With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

Gonzo

I felt like I could play within a few weeks when mine was done several years ago, but the therapist suggested I wait 6 months, so I did.  Didn't seem to help my game though :)  I was actually pretty fortunate with my surgery in that the damage (skiing originally) was pretty clean, not a lot of collateral damage. In fact, I didn't have mine fixed for several years, skiing and playing ball with a brace. It was only after I took a freak spill in the backyard about 4 years later that I needed to get it fixed, mainly because I needed some cartilage cleaned up after that; it was finally restricting my range of motion. I had about 90% of the cartilage on one side of my left knee removed, and about 40% on the other side of the same knee. I had no other ligament damage, just a clean pop of the ACL. All that to say, my recovery might have been a little easier than average, particularly for folks who tore up some other ligaments etc., but I was able to start putting weight back on it just a couple days later, and was walking pretty normally within a week or two. As I said though, they did tell me to lay off golf (any twisting activity) for about 6 months. Had me doing plenty of straightline weight and range of movement work though. Good luck with your recovery.

Go Hogs!