Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley View really improved

Started by jkcrunch, May 17, 2006, 10:29:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jkcrunch

I just played it last Friday I was pleasantly surprised.  They upped the greens fee to 50 buck including cart but still was a good trip

hogfan98

it has gotten better, and the gps on the carts is really nice, but it's not worth $50 to me.  you have to drive too far out, and for the same price, i would rather just play stonebridge.

jkcrunch

Jim Harris

Quote from: jkcrunch on May 17, 2006, 10:29:07 pm
I just played it last Friday I was pleasantly surprised.  They upped the greens fee to 50 buck including cart but still was a good trip

I heard the same thing from a friend who played it last weekend. I thought Valley View had been shuttered.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jkcrunch

Well first owners wnet belly up the second group has really put money back into it.  i have heard that it usally take more than one owner to get a course in the black

Jim Harris

Quote from: jkcrunch on May 18, 2006, 03:55:45 pm
Well first owners wnet belly up the second group has really put money back into it.  i have heard that it usally take more than one owner to get a course in the black

well, we know for certain that won't be the case with Alotian.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Illinihog

IMO Valleyview is better than Stonebridge.  The people out at VV are much friendlier than Stonebridge.  There is an arrogance out at that place.  I don't think either is worth 50 but I'd rather play VV and I used to live next to Stonebridge.

Boarcephus

$50 a round at those courses just seems high to me.  I pay $125 a month and play all I want at PV or LS.  Half a cart adds $10 which I do when our group gets together on Sunday am but I play an awful lot of 5, 9, and 12 or 13 hole rounds after work or late Saturday afternoons.  Just throw my clubs on my back and take off.  Works out very well for me.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Illinihog

It's High, but $125 for a track like Paradise seems a little high too.  Nice course but not what I consider and upper level course. 

PorcineSublime

Quote from: Illinihog on May 25, 2006, 07:28:57 pm
It's High, but $125 for a track like Paradise seems a little high too.  Nice course but not what I consider and upper level course. 
Yeah, but he is talking $125 a month, that is like 12.50 a round if you play ten rounds in a month. (Trust me Boarcephus can ;)).
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

waphill

hogfan98

Quote from: waphill on May 27, 2006, 06:18:13 am
Valley View is $120 a month.

plus the extra $50 in gas that it takes to get out there, over the course of the month, if you don't live in farmington.

Boarcephus

Quote from: Illinihog on May 25, 2006, 07:28:57 pm

When I lived in Bentonville my membership was at Lost Springs and for the same $125, I had a complete workout facility as well.  Darn nice setup.....treadmills, stairmasters, free weights, weight machines, tv's, tanning beds, whole ball of wax.  I can still use them but Bentonville is a bit far to drive for that. 

Your nicer clubs, SCC or FCC will cost considerably more than $125 but then again, you have the bar, the restaurant, etc. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

SiriusHog™

i live in farmington.. a couple of miles from VV and it has improved greatly.. i just dont like to pay 50 bucks to play a game that i suck at... so i'm usually at Razorback Park or Brush Creek...