Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Psuedorabies and I are doing a little experiment. . .

Started by Feralhog, May 14, 2006, 11:06:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Feralhog

I can't go into details, but if it works out, there'll be an added service for the golf forum.  We'll keep you posted.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

hogfankb

pseudorabies

We are still working on it or should I say Feral is doing all the work.  I will be reaping the benefits of it.

Feralhog

May 15, 2006, 01:49:32 pm #4 Last Edit: May 15, 2006, 01:51:20 pm by Feralhog
I've recently purchased some software for swing analysis, and I didn't want to reveal too much until we know for sure it's something we can use.  We should know something by the end of the week.       
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

razorbackdan

PennHOG

Ewww!  Sign me up!

I want to quit my meaningless job and joing the tour!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Sonofahog

Swing analysis?  I can analyze my swing without software.  IT SUCKS.  With that said,  this sounds great! 
Proud son of the Hog punt returner in the video below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JFM2ht-O8c

idochog

I love Jesus!

gwddog

back 2 back 2 back

Feralhog

May 17, 2006, 09:27:54 am #10 Last Edit: May 17, 2006, 09:38:40 am by Feralhog
Quote from: stillahog on May 16, 2006, 07:07:47 pm
Swing analysis?  I can analyze my swing without software.  IT SUCKS.  With that said,  this sounds great! 

IMO, the problem most of us face is there are so few instructors who want to understand what is important to us, the student.    Some students merely want to be corrected, or have a golf lesson that focuses on the impact, others are committed to learning the complete golf swing. 

IMO, most people fall into three categories.  The first is the guy who resists change, he likes his method, just isn't playing to his certain skill level at that moment, and simply wants to be fixed.

The second is the type that says I'm committed, but it better work within the first few tries or I'm outta here.   

The third player is committed to as much improvement he can gain.

IMO, it's the job of instructors to reach all three of these players, but most of the time instructors are only interested in working with the guy who is fully committed.

Believe it or not, for whatever reason, some people are content with being an 18 hdcp, he has no illusions about golf, he wants to stay an 18 hdcp because he's simply too busy to work much on his game, and is completely happy with playing with his 3 buddies on Saturday.   He's currently topping the ball and playing like a 24 hdcp, he's getting tired of having his brains beat in while paying his buddies like a slot machine, and all he wants is to be fixed.

There may be a 16 hdcp who really wants to get better, to become a 10 or an 8.   He may simply want to stop hooking the ball, or bring down his scoring.  He's not necessarily looking for a long term commitment, and   spending bookoos of time on the range may not be desirable or feasible.

Both of the above scenarios imo, need to simply have some things corrected and lack the time or desire it takes to have their swing overhauled.  I'm not a PGA Professional, but I do have a certain number of people who come to me asking for help with their swing. 

Recently  a guy I've worked with a little, approached me about instructing his daughter and a friend.  One girl had never picked up a club in her life, and the other girl has played maybe a year with limited instruction.  Upon learning this, my daughter decided she wanted to take up golf, and she wanted to be included. 

I worked with the girls a few weeks, and once I became convinced that they were serious,  I purchased the software.   I'm not sure if what Psuedo and I are looking into will be of much benefit, but fortunately my job affords me the opportunity to devote some time on this, and if I can utilize the software in this forum, and help others, I'm willing to give it a go.   

There are still a lot of unknowns, and we may be peeing into the wind wanting to use the software in this forum, AND, it may be that some, or even most, have no interest, and that's fine too.

PennHOG

Feral you left out those of us that would do anything to improve our game but can't afford lessons or even a weekly round that will ultimately make us better.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

Feralhog

Quote from: PennHOG on May 17, 2006, 09:54:39 am
Feral you left out those of us that would do anything to improve our game but can't afford lessons or even a weekly round that will ultimately make us better.

You're right.