Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Golf Vacation Packages ???

Started by Hawg414, April 18, 2006, 05:33:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg414

...ever tried em?  You know the ones... where they offer like 2 nights of accommodations and 3 rounds of golf on top notch courses for a set amount. 

A buddy of ours proposed one of these trips for this summer.  Never given em much thought til he sent me the email, and it sounds like an enjoyable experience.  I'm not so much asking about the prices, bc price is subjective to what you are willing to pay... but rather the package in general. 

This particular one was for somewhere in the Gulf Shores area, and it included two nights stay at a "beach front resort," along with 3 rounds of golf at your choice of any three of their numerous top rated courses.  The prices actually seemed kinda low, which is the reason for my concern... anywhere in the $200-300 range, depending on which package you choose. 

Was just curious if this "beach front resort" would turn out to be a 20 dollar sleep-cheap, and these 5* courses were more like 1.5*.

Anybody know??

Feralhog

April 18, 2006, 06:12:56 pm #1 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 06:16:55 pm by Feralhog
My brother has a group of guys that have an outing every year.  These guys are spread out all over the country and now they pretty much rotate to the towns these guys live and play the local courses.

I'm pretty sure when they first started the outings, they used golf packages.  I know they played Harbor Town and Pinehurst a long time ago.  I'll ask him about it.

Also, I have a cousin who married a Bama fan and they live in Tuscaloosa.  He's an avid golfer.  If you gave me some of the names of the courses being offered, I'd could get his opinion.  I'd be shocked if he hadn't played most of the courses in gulf shores.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

hogfankb

The robert trent jones golf trail is mainly if not completely in alabama. I have played magnola grove in mobile and it was great. I had only been playing for a couple of years when I played there so I think I barely broke a hundred. I was planning on going back last year but the hurricane and some sort of fungus on the greens stopped my trip from going any further southeast of Memphis. There are a lot of great courses in that area though. Kiva Dunes is down there somewhere as well. But to answer your question about golf packages. I have no idea.

12under

depending on your budget, there are resorts in scottsdale that basically do all of your planning and tee times for a certain price(not exactly sure the $, but i have friends that do it).  i stayed at a place called resort suites while playing in scottsdale and they have about 10 guys that plan golf vacations for a living.  they do a great job.  great courses and all you have to do is show up.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hawg414 on April 18, 2006, 05:33:29 pm
...ever tried em?  You know the ones... where they offer like 2 nights of accommodations and 3 rounds of golf on top notch courses for a set amount. 

A buddy of ours proposed one of these trips for this summer.  Never given em much thought til he sent me the email, and it sounds like an enjoyable experience.  I'm not so much asking about the prices, bc price is subjective to what you are willing to pay... but rather the package in general. 

This particular one was for somewhere in the Gulf Shores area, and it included two nights stay at a "beach front resort," along with 3 rounds of golf at your choice of any three of their numerous top rated courses.  The prices actually seemed kinda low, which is the reason for my concern... anywhere in the $200-300 range, depending on which package you choose. 

Was just curious if this "beach front resort" would turn out to be a 20 dollar sleep-cheap, and these 5* courses were more like 1.5*.

Anybody know??

well, if it's as the Kiva Dunes/Plantation deal, jump on it.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hawg414

Quote from: drakehog on April 19, 2006, 10:52:25 am

Anybody know??

feralhog had asked for some of the courses also. 
this particular offer was from a company called Fiarways Golf Company out of Mobile.

it says "golf at your choice of these nine signature courses..."
Kiva Dunes
Peninsula
Cotton Creek
Cypress Bend
Timbercreek
The Woodlands
Green Lakes Dunes
Rock Creek
Lost Key

but there are similar packages from competing companies

im headed out of town right now, but when i get back tomorrow evening i can look into it a little deeper and get rates and whatnot. 

Hawg414

Quote from: Hawg414 on April 19, 2006, 11:14:35 am
Quote from: drakehog on April 19, 2006, 10:52:25 am

Anybody know??

feralhog had asked for some of the courses also. 
this particular offer was from a company called Fiarways Golf Company out of Mobile.

it says "golf at your choice of these nine signature courses..."
Kiva Dunes
Peninsula
Cotton Creek
Cypress Bend
Timbercreek
The Woodlands
Green Lakes Dunes
Rock Creek
Lost Key

but there are similar packages from competing companies

im headed out of town right now, but when i get back tomorrow evening i can look into it a little deeper and get rates and whatnot. 

i compared several different packages in several different areas, and basically it shakes out as roughly $60-65 per day for "condo" AND golf at these supposedly 5* courses.  i dunno... just sounds too good to be true... i mean where are they making their money??  i would imagine the green fee alone, or even the accommodations alone, would surpass 65 bucks per day. 

are you guys familiar with any of these courses ive mentioned above?

hogfankb

I have a friend that has played Kiva Dunes and said it was unbelievable.

He and I have been planning a trip back their for the last couple of years but it has always fallen through. It is one of the top courses in the nation from what I understand.

jkcrunch

Look at Myrtle Beach SC,  BReakers resort offers some great deals on alot of good course.