Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

i just got shaft'd

Started by HogISH™, April 18, 2006, 07:18:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogISH™

friend just dropped off my new shaft. speeder 757 tour spec. hope to have installed this morning.

got off ebay for 180, cant wait as i am sure this will cure my slight draw (large hook)... we all know it can't be the swing.

HogISH

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

Feralhog

April 18, 2006, 07:31:32 am #1 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 07:50:38 am by Feralhog
Let us know how it works out.  IMO, the single biggest component for a driver is the shaft.

I'm kinda eying this one.  Unfortunately it's darned expensive AND it's my understanding the person who puts it on the club head, better know what the heck he's doing or it could be a colossal failure.

http://www.stulzgolf.com/
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

HogISH™

hope you are right! one of the golf coach's has that shaft in a g2 that i have hit a few different times and nutted it every time. i have a g5 that i am putting it in. there is not that much difference between the 2 and 5 heads.

will be going out there tomorrow to hit and will let you know.

nice review on the stulz shaft, best of 06. how much is the shaft?

HogISH

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

Feralhog

April 18, 2006, 09:26:42 am #3 Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 11:40:30 am by Feralhog
A guy up here will install it in a head for 300.00, I'm pretty sure that price includes a grip.

The guy had a G2 10 deg, 44.5 demo and I struggled hitting the clubface. (the shaft on my 983E is 46.5)  I was on the course, not the range, and didn't make enough swings to adjust to the shorter shaft.  Kept hitting everything off the bottom. 

To my surprise, even at a half inch short of standard and 2 full inches short of my driver, the distance was comparable to my 983E.  (when I found the clubface)

The accuracy impressed me too.  I hate graphite, it took me forever to find a graphite shafted driver that responded like my irons.  Two years ago, I was still using an X100 steel shaft in my driver.  With the demo, I didn't have to manipulate the club for it to perform and even though I was all over the clubface, the ball flew straight.   I was playing in a fairly big money game, ( for me anyway ) and I was confident enough to play the demo the entire round.

The 10 deg. head the few times I hit it solid, sent the ball into orbit.  There wasn't much wind, so I can't say for sure if the wind would effect the ball on a windy day or not.  As high as I hit it, I'd be surprised if it wouldn't. 

Before I fork over three hundred bucks, I'd like to see how it performed with an 8.5 or 9 deg. head at standard length or 1/2 long. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

Feralhog