Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Officials

Started by Woopig69, January 07, 2017, 08:20:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan10

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 09:52:07 pm
I have never t'd up a coach and the only time I know the foul count is when the scorer tells me someone is in the bonus.

When 1 teams drives to the basket alot they draw alot of fouls. Arkansas has always fouled alot its just a byproduct of their style and has been for 30 years.
After every game I see this, people saying the more aggressive team gets the calls.
But, that wasn't the case last night, both teams aggressively took it to the basket; one team got the calls. Multiple times last night we would attack the basket with contact with no call, only to change ends and have Kentucky drive the lane resulting in a foul on equal or less contact than just happened on the other end. Point being if it's a foul on one end, then it's a foul on the other end too.

Kevin

Quote from: hogsanity on January 07, 2017, 09:11:22 pm
And I'm sure you've noticed the fans whining usually are backing the losing team.

little league parents
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BallHog1

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 07, 2017, 10:13:37 pm
You get your panties in a wad every single time someone complains about basketball officials.
Get over it. 99.9 percent of fans complain about officiating.
You suck as a fan about as bad as the SEC officials.
This, a ref apologist who can't accept that sometimes they suck, like last night.
Some kind of misguided loyalty to protect the weak I guess.
And yes, the refs were WEAK last night.

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 08, 2017, 12:11:52 pm
After every game I see this, people saying the more aggressive team gets the calls.
But, that wasn't the case last night, both teams aggressively took it to the basket; one team got the calls. Multiple times last night we would attack the basket with contact with no call, only to change ends and have Kentucky drive the lane resulting in a foul on equal or less contact than just happened on the other end. Point being if it's a foul on one end, then it's a foul on the other end too.
Good post. but they don't care.it's all about getting the head coach out. i see through their BS.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dropkick on January 07, 2017, 10:31:20 pm
Out of curiosity, how would you rate the officiating tonight?

It was a typical game, too much allowed down ow not enough out front, but that is how they are being told to call the game. Hand check rule is let them touch the ball handler once, with one hand as long as immediately removed, same defended touches same ball handler again without him giving up the ball it is supposed to be a foul.

They did miss a couple. The call one the baseline when the uk player was standing out of bounds and made a touch pass, no idea how the baseline official missed that.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsanity

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on January 07, 2017, 10:13:37 pm
You get your panties in a wad every single time someone complains about basketball officials.
Get over it. 99.9 percent of fans complain about officiating.
You suck as a fan about as bad as the SEC officials.

I am just tired of hog fans blaming the refs for every freaking loss. Last it started BEFORE the game. Some of you think the hogs have not lost a game ever, the refs cost them every single game they have ever been credited with a loss.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Captain Morgan

Quote from: hogsanity on January 08, 2017, 04:15:59 pm
I am just tired of hog fans blaming the refs for every freaking loss. Last it started BEFORE the game. Some of you think the hogs have not lost a game ever, the refs cost them every single game they have ever been credited with a loss.

If you get beat by 26 points that's a complete domination and not the refs. 

Dropkick

Quote from: hogsanity on January 08, 2017, 04:13:45 pm
It was a typical game, too much allowed down ow not enough out front, but that is how they are being told to call the game. Hand check rule is let them touch the ball handler once, with one hand as long as immediately removed, same defended touches same ball handler again without him giving up the ball it is supposed to be a foul.

They did miss a couple. The call one the baseline when the uk player was standing out of bounds and made a touch pass, no idea how the baseline official missed that.
Thanks for the reply. Do you think they were consistent regarding what they called on one end vs the other?

hogsanity

Quote from: Dropkick on January 08, 2017, 04:53:01 pm
Thanks for the reply. Do you think they were consistent regarding what they called on one end vs the other?

One thing I noticed was that often the Hogs drive toward the basket but end up shooting a fall away type shot, or try to shoot over a much taller player. KY takes it hard to the rim, which makes it easier to draw contact, and often they were driving against a smaller defender due to a switch or someone coming to help when one of our guards got beat.  That was why the 1st half was much closer too, the Hogs did a pretty good job of helping without fouling, but in the 2nd half, once May started breaking them down up top, it was all over. Also, in th 1st half the Hogs were much more aggressive around the rim, and as a result shot the same # of FT's and made 2 more. It is pretty rare in college bball for a team on the road against superior talent to not have a FT deficit both in attempts and makes.

As for consistency, that s hard to judge because the same official is rarely on the baseline on both ends. So one ref may have a quick whistle around the basket on one end but on the other end one of the other guys lets more go. When it gets frustrating is when the same ref seems to have 2 different interpretations of the same type of play, depending on which end he is on

26.2Hog

Quote from: poloprince on January 07, 2017, 08:23:17 pm
Dude was clearly out of bounds on that one play.

26 point blowout? The refs didn't cause this loss.  BUT, dude WAS clearly out of bounds.

MountieDawg

Quote from: hogsanity on January 08, 2017, 06:19:18 pm
One thing I noticed was that often the Hogs drive toward the basket but end up shooting a fall away type shot, or try to shoot over a much taller player. KY takes it hard to the rim, which makes it easier to draw contact, and often they were driving against a smaller defender due to a switch or someone coming to help when one of our guards got beat.  That was why the 1st half was much closer too, the Hogs did a pretty good job of helping without fouling, but in the 2nd half, once May started breaking them down up top, it was all over. Also, in th 1st half the Hogs were much more aggressive around the rim, and as a result shot the same # of FT's and made 2 more. It is pretty rare in college bball for a team on the road against superior talent to not have a FT deficit both in attempts and makes.

As for consistency, that s hard to judge because the same official is rarely on the baseline on both ends. So one ref may have a quick whistle around the basket on one end but on the other end one of the other guys lets more go. When it gets frustrating is when the same ref seems to have 2 different interpretations of the same type of play, depending on which end he is on

Named correctly, one of the sane analogies on the thread.
SEC!