Rocking Recruiting !

Started by Bogghawg, January 07, 2017, 07:56:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Potosihog

Love it. WPS!!🐗🐗🐗🏀🏀

HogFoo

Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

root_hawg

We are #1 cause we have more recruits committed than anyone else.  Its like 2 of the top 30 in the country for that class has committed.  Nothing to get real excited about yet.

FineAsSwine

but the point of the article was that if we sign a couple more 4 stars with the 2 remaining scholarships for this class, we will most likely end up with a top 5 class for 2018.

rude1

Won't be No. 1 when all is said and done, and that is what matters.

PORKULATOR

Patience hog fans.... the light is getting brighter.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

HossHog

Quote from: root_hawg on January 07, 2017, 10:33:05 pm
We are #1 cause we have more recruits committed than anyone else.  Its like 2 of the top 30 in the country for that class has committed.  Nothing to get real excited about yet.
If if stands how it is now this class would be #9 in the 2017 recruiting standings

The_Iceman

Quote from: rude1 on January 07, 2017, 10:45:31 pm
Won't be No. 1 when all is said and done, and that is what matters.

No we won't. But when we take the court in 2018, we will have a Top 30 recruit starting at Center and at Power Forward. One a 6'10" shotblocker and athletic finisher, the other a 6'10" skilled PF that can do it all.

That's not counting the skill we will have at the other positions. The 2018 isn't finished yet either.

hawgdavis

NR was a good coach with normal recruiting classes but when he started getting top 5 classes he became a great coach. Imagine that. Mike will look great with a couple of top 5 classes

hoglady

Nothing to be negative about with the current recruiting of Mike Anderson and staff.
I just don't understand how fans can't be excited about the future of the basketball program.
Arkansas is really producing some top level talent and Anderson is keeping them home.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MountieDawg

Quote from: Bogghawg on January 07, 2017, 07:56:15 pm
http://www.sportinglifearkansas.com/kevin-mcpherson-razorbacks-basketball-no-1-in-nation/

Ark does have 4 commitments right now only 3 other teams have more than 1 commitment, 1 has 3 and the other 2 have only 2 commitments. Duke, Kentucky, and Kansas have not signed anyone yet. Right now Marshall is rated the 21st best recruiting class with a single 2 star commitment.
SEC!

cardsNhogs

Quote from: root_hawg on January 07, 2017, 10:33:05 pm
This is correct. This class will most likely end up a top 10 class but not #1. I like the 2017 class better. Garland is a better prospect than any of the 2018 guards and then of course Gafford. I look forward to getting Perry from the 2018 class. Gafford and Perry Front court could be scary good!

MountieDawg

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 08, 2017, 10:53:05 am
This is correct. This class will most likely end up a top 10 class but not #1. I like the 2017 class better. Garland is a better prospect than any of the 2018 guards and then of course Gafford. I look forward to getting Perry from the 2018 class. Gafford and Perry Front court could be scary good!

Gafford is the most obvious can't miss prospect!
SEC!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 08, 2017, 11:20:40 am
Gafford is the most obvious can't miss prospect!

I saw Gafford and Garland square off at the Rumble on the Ridge. They both had the crowd going gaga. Play after play, almost before you could sit down they did something so athletic that you knew you were watching superior talent. I love Gaffords game but based on what I saw, I can't say he is obviously the better prospect.

It may be true though that Gafford will have the biggest early impact because he is going to get big minutes whether he is ready or not just because of the void in the middle after Moses leaves.