Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game moved to ESPN

Started by arINar, January 07, 2017, 03:01:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arINar

Prime time tv. We are about to witness history. This is the game that Mike A begins to build his legacy as a championship coach at the UofA. Go hogs

FineAsSwine

North Carolina - NC State game postponed. Razorbacks vs KY moved from SEC Network to ESPN.

PonderinHog

Remember when it was played on Super Bowl Sunday?  This is a good thing, if true.

skinnypig

North Carolina game cancelled due to weather

HawgnCorona

Good!...I was wondering why CBS picked up USCe v aTm and UK v UA left to SEC network.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

cosmodrum

Great. More people get to watch us get laughed out of Rupp.
Go away, batin'

alohawg

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 07, 2017, 03:25:21 pm

Unfortunately, I agree.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

HawgnCorona

Let them laugh
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

Mikey

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 07, 2017, 03:07:18 pm
Remember when it was played on Super Bowl Sunday?

Sadly, that was over 20 years ago, but those were great matchups!  I hate what's happened to college basketball (not just the Razorbacks) since then.

swinesation

Quote from: arINar on January 07, 2017, 03:01:46 pm
Prime time tv. We are about to witness history. This is the game that Mike A begins to build his legacy as a championship coach at the UofA. Go hogs

Man that's some serious faith you've got there. I think you're dreaming, but have no problem with your faith. Just not crazy about those that think we actually have a chance to win tonight, then rant and rave when we get beat by 20.

HawgnCorona

Yeah but dont make us seem like we are a bunch of punks either...

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 07, 2017, 03:03:11 pm
North Carolina - NC State game postponed. Razorbacks vs KY moved from SEC Network to ESPN.

SEC gets the spotlight when Kentucky Is playing... is there some bad weather in North carolina?

Bogghawg

Was the time bumped up 30 minutes to match when the UNC game was to have started?
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Kevin

So duke plays at home, but the acc moves the unc game.  My friends who are state fans are pissed
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Kevin on January 07, 2017, 03:45:16 pm
So duke plays at home, but the acc moves the unc game.  My friends who are state fans are pissed

They did it out respect for Ukcy...How dare the SEC relegate them Cats to the SEC Network...dont they know, they playing poor Ar-Kansas. We wont everybody see them beat a bunch of girls by 40pts.  :puke: SMH

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dominicanhog

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

JIHawg

So, what am I recording on SEC network?  Hell, I wasn't going to watch it anyway.

1highhog

Yep, unfortunately this will be so true.

Hawgphish

SugarHillGaHog

I like the way you think.  Pass me whatever it is you are drinking please?  I need it.

arINar

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on January 07, 2017, 06:05:04 pm
I like the way you think.  Pass me whatever it is you are drinking please?  I need it.

Mam, I've been sober for 20 years.

Three and Snout

I just overheard Jayco say that Malik has the stomach flu and was on IVs since this morning.  Hogs by 15!

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: Three and Snout on January 07, 2017, 06:12:02 pm
I just overheard Jayco say that Malik has the stomach flu and was on IVs since this morning.  Hogs by 15!
He's gonna have his flu game like MJ.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hoglady

Good - hope we see a good effort out of our Hogs tonight.
Just Lord please don't let them play scared.
Hopefully, that Tenn. game on the road game them a dose of confidence.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

ADavisTheGOAT

Btw who is Jayco?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

hoglady

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 07, 2017, 06:13:17 pm
He's gonna have his flu game like MJ.

Maybe - I'm not sure Malik Monk has the heart of a Michael Jordan, not many do.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

cosmodrum

Quote from: 1highhog on January 07, 2017, 05:44:35 pm
Yep, unfortunately this will be so true.

Your avatar was born in Lexington, KY. Not that it matters lol
Go away, batin'

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: arINar on January 07, 2017, 06:07:41 pm

Awesome!  I'll not snark on that.

On this game I think everyone will agree for us to win Moses will need to play up to or surpass his preseason hype.  If he has a monster game there is a chance of pulling it out.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Hope it stays somewhat close

1highhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 07, 2017, 06:15:55 pm
Your avatar was born in Lexington, KY. Not that it matters lol

He was my Great Great grandfather and he claimed allegiance to Missouri not Kentucky although he was born there.  I don't care for Missouri  much, but love the South through and through and I think he was the 2nd best general the South ever produced, the first being Jackson.  If other incompetent Generals that were over Shelby during his young career wasn't jealous of him and kept him from rising in the ranks to a General  and Jackson wasn't lost the war could have had a different outcome and and earlier outcome favoring the South.

1highhog

Quote from: arINar on January 07, 2017, 06:07:41 pm

Congrats Man, that's a great thing to be proud of.  I applaud you for that.

alohawg

Quote from: hoglady on January 07, 2017, 06:15:02 pm
Maybe - I'm not sure Malik Monk has the heart of a Michael Jordan, not many do.

That as much as skill made him special.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

cosmodrum

Quote from: 1highhog on January 07, 2017, 06:44:20 pm
He was my Great Great grandfather and he claimed allegiance to Missouri not Kentucky although he was born there.  I don't care for Missouri  much, but love the South through and through and I think he was the 2nd best general the South ever produced, the first being Jackson.  If other incompetent Generals that were over Shelby during his young career wasn't jealous of him and kept him from rising in the ranks to a General  and Jackson wasn't lost the war could have had a different outcome and and earlier outcome favoring the South.

I think it goes Forrest, Stonewall, then your grandpa. I disagree about the war. I dont think the south ever had a chance to win the war. Most Southern males fought, and the north has many, many men that never picked up a rifle. I suppose my opinion is in line with Shelby Foote, who I greatly admire.
Go away, batin'

arINar

How about this: if hogs lose I'll get rip roaring drunk tonight. That's how confident I am

1highhog

Quote from: cosmodrum on January 07, 2017, 06:49:55 pm
I think it goes Forrest, Stonewall, then your grandpa. I disagree about the war. I dont think the south ever had a chance to win the war. Most Southern males fought, and the north has many, many men that never picked up a rifle. I suppose my opinion is in line with Shelby Foote, who I greatly admire.

The South had to win and would have won in a quick war.  They were not going b to win the war the way it was fought, drawn out over more than a year or more.  The South needed that quick strike war that Jackson and Shelby were superior at.  Lee was not that type of General but I still have much respect for him for what he had to do.  He just had to many incompetent Generals.  We differ on opinions, but that being said, I love talking about the Civil War and the many battles fought, I don't want to mess up the thread here but I'd love to talk with anyone sometime about it.

1highhog

Quote from: arINar on January 07, 2017, 07:05:38 pm
How about this: if hogs lose I'll get rip roaring drunk tonight. That's how confident I am

Sounds like you're going to get rip roaring drunk then.  How about going to the Alma Sonic and run butt naked while drunk around it while shouting Whoooo Pig Soiieee,  I've done that before at the Monticello Sonic and got away before the cops got there, well, I didn't yell  the hog call, just yelled and ran around the Sonic twice.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 07, 2017, 06:14:44 pm
Btw who is Jayco?

A Fayetteville bartender who's insight into the Razorback program is legendary.
He may have been the first to report that Charlie Strong was at XNA, obviously interviewing for the D.C. Position. Some think he's really Vin Ascolese...but nobody knows for sure.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

cosmodrum

Quote from: 1highhog on January 07, 2017, 07:06:51 pm
The South had to win and would have won in a quick war.  They were not going b to win the war the way it was fought, drawn out over more than a year or more.  The South needed that quick strike war that Jackson and Shelby were superior at.  Lee was not that type of General but I still have much respect for him for what he had to do.  He just had to many incompetent Generals.  We differ on opinions, but that being said, I love talking about the Civil War and the many battles fought, I don't want to mess up the thread here but I'd love to talk with anyone sometime about it.

Yes, I suppose IF the South could win, it would've had to have been quick and severe.
Go away, batin'

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Hahaha. You are a funny one.

King Kong

To verify it typed in to google Malik Monk sick......

All I got was highlights of one handed dunks

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: arINar on January 07, 2017, 07:05:38 pm

Nah.. I got your back on this.  I'm a professional.  We'll need you to make the coffee tomorrow.