Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

starting 5

Started by Hawgphish, January 05, 2017, 06:32:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgphish

We know that Coach A likes to rotate 10 players.  Which starting 5 would you like to see Hogville?  I would like to see Beard, Macon, Barford, Thomas, and Moses.  With Hannahs first off.

HawgnCorona

Beard/Hannahs
Macon
Barford
Cook
Kingsley
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

FineAsSwine

Beard
Macon
Watkins
Thomas
Kingsley
               Bench
Barford
Hannahs
Jones
Cook
Thompson

Bailey
Hazen

razorhead94

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 05, 2017, 07:05:26 pm
Beard/Hannahs
Macon
Barford
Cook
Kingsley

This.....Barford can definitely play the 3 spot.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

hogwood

Macon
Barford
Watkins
Cook
Kingsley

Bench

Beard
Hannahs
Jones
Thomas
Thompson

Balance. We cannot put all the best players in the starting 5 because we are so prone to droughts and would be even more so if our best scorers are all resting at one time. We need to be able to keep the energy constant throughout the game.

DenaoStyle

Barford/Beard
Macon
Thomas
Cook
Kingsley

That would be an interesting 5

Dropkick

The starting five should depend on who we are playing and how we want to attack on offense as well as defend. Every team we play presents different challenges. I worry more about who finishes games that starts them.

I do like the idea of Hannahs off the bench for instant offense in most scenarios.

TheRazorback500

Beard
Macon
Barford
Thomas
Kingsley

Next two in: Hannahs and Watkins. Thomas' experience gives him the edge over Cook IMO.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

rzrbackramsfan

Jones, jones, jones, jones and jones

cardsNhogs

Beard
Macon
Barford
Cook
Kingsley

FineAsSwine

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 06, 2017, 08:27:58 am
Beard
Macon
Barford
Cook
Kingsley

You might need to re-read the OP. It was starting five, not best five.  ;)

hogwood

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 06, 2017, 10:48:46 am
You might need to re-read the OP. It was starting five, not best five.  ;)

All these Hogville coaches with their lineups would have lost to Tennessee. It's not about having all 5 of your best players in at all times, or even to start the game with them. It's about having balance at all times so that you can continually have offense and defense and wear the opponent down.

daprospecta

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on January 05, 2017, 11:21:33 pm
Jones, jones, jones, jones and jones
I would like to see him get more minutes.  I think we will once we hit the MSU's of the conference.

PonderinHog

Quote from: daprospecta on January 06, 2017, 11:20:58 am
I would like to see him get more minutes.  I think we will once we hit the MSU's of the conference.
Depending on the situation at YUK,  I'd like to see him get in the game.  He's 6'6" and can hit the three.  If Dusty can't get his shot off, which is quite possible, we will need someone who can.  JMO  Defensively, what's the difference?

FineAsSwine

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 06, 2017, 11:32:24 am
Depending on the situation at YUK,  I'd like to see him get in the game.  He's 6'6" and can hit the three.  If Dusty can't get his shot off, which is quite possible, we will need someone who can.  JMO  Defensively, what's the difference?

Hadn't thought of this but an excellent point as far as defensively. In terms of offense, not only does Hannahs hit from three, Hannahs is way better at pulling up for the floater in the lane when the three ball is not falling.