Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Teddy Valentine Show

Started by azhog10, January 04, 2017, 11:01:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

Just finished watching the Teddy Valentine show. Apart from the officiating, I thought the hogs played much better against the middle ball screen. We didn't switch much and when we did it was late in the game which isn't uncommon for teams to do late in a game or late in the shot clock. I think we still have some things to work out offensively, as we get into our normal droughts where we are settling for bad shots and not being as aggressive as we should. Thought it was Kingsley's best game, although not up to the level he should be at right now.

Macon and Barford were huge in their own rights and Hannahs had his own little run that kept the Vols on their heels. It was a good game, and a good win for us on the road in an environment that was hard for either team to get a real rhythm. Not sure I've seen that many offensive fouls on rebounds as I did tonight for both teams. The switch to the matchup zone worked, however we had a hard time rebounding out of it which isn't uncommon but one of the evils about playing that kind of defense.

Arazorbackguy1

How about calling Thompson for the same push-in-the-back foul like 4 times.  Thompson's gotta do a better job down low and not use hands to push off. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on January 04, 2017, 11:47:42 am
How about calling Thompson for the same push-in-the-back foul like 4 times.  Thompson's gotta do a better job down low and not use hands to push off.

He really needs to learn to play without fouling. Many times he is in good position, but leans in or doesn't keep his arms straight up.

cableguy

I was disappointed in Thompson all around play last night. He played like he was disgruntled and unfocused. In my opinion every player has step there game up since the Minnesota game but him.  He is acting like shorter version of Darnell Robinson. 

azhog10

I didn't disagree with some of the push in the backs. I just don't recall ever seeing that many called. It was almost a contest of who could call the most push in the backs.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: azhog10 on January 04, 2017, 01:24:20 pm
I didn't disagree with some of the push in the backs. I just don't recall ever seeing that many called. It was almost a contest of who could call the most push in the backs.
Yeah, they called a couple of phantom fouls on Thomas also. They could play big boy ball but we couldn't. Especially the Williams kid.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

MemphisBossHog

Agree about "The Teddy Valentine Show."   That guy just LOVES to have the crowd watching him as he really gets into calling the foul.  That's right Teddy, the crowd comes to see you as much as the kids playing the game--or at least that is what you think happens.  Teddy loves to hear himself call something/anything.

Potosihog

Heard someone call him "TV Teddy"   :) Good description

cardsNhogs

Quote from: cableguy on January 04, 2017, 12:24:23 pm
I was disappointed in Thompson all around play last night. He played like he was disgruntled and unfocused. In my opinion every player has step there game up since the Minnesota game but him.  He is acting like shorter version of Darnell Robinson.
I don't expect much out of Thompson.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: cardsNhogs on January 04, 2017, 01:59:12 pm
I don't expect much out of Thompson.
I expect him to be the muscle and intimidator when he comes in. If I had his size no one I mean now one would want to come in the lane when they see me in there.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"