Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I leave for over a year and see nothing has changed

Started by forrest city joe, January 03, 2017, 02:11:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 03, 2017, 03:23:11 pm
First, I knew why you left...any questioning/criticism of CMA, no matter how valid it might be, can't be tolerated, so you took your ball and went home.

You don't realize this, but while you were gone I probably quoted your most infamous line 3 or 4 times since then. To me, it summarized in one sentence exactly what is wrong with all the CMA lackeys that have turned this forum into a NAACP convention.

Forrest City Joe: "Mike can have as long as he wants, or as long as he needs."

That is exactly what is wrong here. You have a small but vocal contingent(at least on here) of people that would support Mike to the point of death. Wins/losses are basically irrelevant as any and every event is spun in some way to make Mike look the best. The hypocrisy is what drives me crazy, Joe, because I've been listening to you call into radio shows for years and you're usually the first guy to call in and scream for somebody's head to roll.

it's all a bunch of racial politics and I have no use for it. Just look at the record. Period.

Keep your race BS out of this. this has nothing to do with race. did you see me wanting to keep Stan or Pel? i don't give a crap what color a person is.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:49:01 pm
Very funny. the program always comes first. and with these recruiting classes line up.this would be the worst time for the program to fire the head coach. it would hurt the program losing those great players.

people said that too when Pelphrey was let go with the class he had lined up, said we might lose those kids. I think the only one that did not come was due to not qualifying.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Dropkick

Quote from: Dropkick on January 03, 2017, 02:55:52 pm
With all due respect Joe, how long do you think we should stick with MA if he continues to miss the Dance?

Joe, would you care to answer?

forrest city joe

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 03, 2017, 03:36:25 pm
To be fair, Mike Anderson's on court success has been about equal to Heath and worse than Pelphrey, but his off court record far exceeds both of them.

His on court success warrants being let go, but maybe the success off the court is saving him...for now.
Pure BS. Pel on court record was pitiful. Mike record is better than that. Pel went 2 in 15 in sec play one year.Mike has never been that bad.

hogsanity

Quote from: Dropkick on January 03, 2017, 03:57:29 pm

He is trying to find the infinity symbol on his keyboard
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: Dropkick on January 03, 2017, 03:57:29 pm
enough time to see the 17,18 and 19 class of recruits play together.fire him before that,and it sits the program back another 3or 4 years.

elksnort

I asked a question for Joe several posts ago, but not response.

Really? Is this how it's going to be like again. A bunch of arguing about he said, she said. I am trying to ask something about basketball. Real questions.

I swear I think some posters are allowed on this board to drive up post counts or whatever.

What do you expect from this season?
Which player(s) have to step it up?
Should we trap from 90 feet away from the basket?

You know, real questions.

Dropkick

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 04:01:06 pm
enough time to see the 17,18 and 19 class of recruits play together.fire him before that,and it sits the program back another 3or 4 years.
thanks

hogsanity

So 2020, which would be 10 seasons. No one, not even Coach K, would be given 10 season to turn a program around. Of course a competent coach would not need 10 years.

hogsanity

Quote from: elksnort on January 03, 2017, 04:01:21 pm
I asked a question for Joe several posts ago, but not response.

Really? Is this how it's going to be like again. A bunch of arguing about he said, she said. I am trying to ask something about basketball. Real questions.

I swear I think some posters are allowed on this board to drive up post counts or whatever.

What do you expect from this season?
Which player(s) have to step it up?
Should we trap from 90 feet away from the basket?

You know, real questions.

The only question a few on here want to know is if Mike is still the coach. As long as the answer is yes, they do not care about anything else.

Quote from: elksnort on January 03, 2017, 04:01:21 pm

I suggested that once and got threatened with having my account deleted.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:55:21 pm
Keep your race BS out of this. this has nothing to do with race. did you see me wanting to keep Stan or Pel? i don't give a crap what color a person is.
Sure.

It's because Mike is from Nolan's tree. Mike/Nolan are tied at the hip.
There's a lot of baggage from how that ended. It's still going on today...and that's why you see these ardent Mike supporters.

In many ways, Nolan both carried to the program to its heights, and napalmed it when he left to the point it's still suffering. Due to his lawsuit, that contributed in some ways to the hire immediately after. And not only that, even today, 15 years later, his longtime assistant is being treated with kid gloves and being given every opportunity to succeed....opportunities his predecessors didn't get. Fair? You tell me.

Would I trade the 1994 national championship? Probably not, and I still have nearly all positive feelings for Nolan...but it's not all positive, due to the reasons I just gave. This stuff is still hurting the program today, without a doubt.

hogsanity

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 03, 2017, 04:08:27 pm
Sure.

It's because Mike is from Nolan's tree. Mike/Nolan are tied at the hip.
There's a lot of baggage from how that ended. It's still going on today...and that's why you see these ardent Mike supporters.

In many ways, Nolan both carried to the program to its heights, and napalmed it when he left to the point it's still suffering. Due to his lawsuit, that contributed in some ways to the hire immediately after. And not only that, even today, 15 years later, his longtime assistant is being treated with kid gloves and being given every opportunity to succeed....opportunities his predecessors didn't get. Fair? You tell me.

Would I trade the 1994 national championship? Probably not, and I still have nearly all positive feelings for Nolan...but it's not all positive, due to the reasons I just gave. This stuff is still hurting the program today, without a doubt.

In hindsight, it would have been better had he gotten a nba job after the 95 ncaat runner up season.

HognitiveDissonance

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the upcoming recruits too.

However, they are still on PAPER. Just like Pelphrey's great class was on PAPER. No difference.

And I would like to see some good things happen before then too to make me feel really good going forward.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 03, 2017, 02:23:09 pm
Nothing to be ashamed about. Good coach, better person, and  outstanding recruiting classes that will be on the Hill. If Mike wasn't getting it done on the recruiting than some might have a point. The future is looking really good for the Hogs.

I'm talking about all that brown on your nose.

elksnort

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 03, 2017, 04:10:15 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about the upcoming recruits too.

However, they are still on PAPER. Just like Pelphrey's great class was on PAPER. No difference.

And I would like to see some good things happen before then too to make me feel really good going forward.
Naw, hell. It doesn't matter if we go 0-18 in the SEC, because some guys that have never played college ball are going to make everything better in the next few years.

pigture perfect

The same argument was given a few years ago with a certain coach of a certain sport who got a 2 year pass. Only in this case if we wait around for the class of 18, it will be a 5-6 year pass. So I think that premis is pretty well shot.

I like Mike. I think he reps the University well and I would certainly like to sit and eat a meal with the man and talk about anything other than basketball. If basketball coaching came into the conversation, I or him would just get mad.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

FineAsSwine

January 03, 2017, 04:17:13 pm #66 Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:28:56 pm by FineAsSwine
Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 03, 2017, 03:23:11 pm
First, I knew why you left...any questioning/criticism of CMA, no matter how valid it might be, can't be tolerated, so you took your ball and went home.

You don't realize this, but while you were gone I probably quoted your most infamous line 3 or 4 times since then. To me, it summarized in one sentence exactly what is wrong with all the CMA lackeys that have turned this forum into a NAACP convention.

Forrest City Joe: "Mike can have as long as he wants, or as long as he needs."

That is exactly what is wrong here. You have a small but vocal contingent(at least on here) of people that would support Mike to the point of death. Wins/losses are basically irrelevant as any and every event is spun in some way to make Mike look the best. The hypocrisy is what drives me crazy, Joe, because I've been listening to you call into radio shows for years and you're usually the first guy to call in and scream for somebody's head to roll.

it's all a bunch of racial politics and I have no use for it. Just look at the record. Period.

You are always playing the race card on here but pretending that its someone else doing it. If I had hinted at anything that could be construed as a comment on race like you often do, Atlhogfan would pounce like a cat on a mouse. Guess he didn't see your commentary in this thread. smh.

You guys are so hypocritical it's pathetic.
Hogs up! Covid down!

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 02:40:10 pm
I know man. i left because i got tired of the same fire Mike crap.over and over and over. and nothing has changed. just watch.if Mike Anderson goes,so do all those great recruits.

Welcome back

forrest city joe

Quote from: elksnort on January 03, 2017, 04:13:24 pm
Naw, hell. It doesn't matter if we go 0-18 in the SEC, because some guys that have never played college ball are going to make everything better in the next few years.
Been gone over a year.and come back to the same Anderson hate from you.some things never change. new year and same BS.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 03, 2017, 04:17:13 pm
You are always playing the race card on here but pretending that its someone else doing it. If I had hinted at anything that could be construed as a comment on race like you often do, Atlhogfan would pounce like a cat on a mouse. Guess he didn't see your commentary in this thread. smh.

You guys are so hypocritical it's pathetic.
Yes, and I'm w-a-y offbase, aren't I?

You guys played the card, I didn't. You just won't own up to it. 

There's no other explanation that makes any kind of sense to explain the rabid, irrational, blind, homer-istic support of Mike Anderson. OF COURSE race is big part of that.

You don't treat every coach with the same standard. I know FCJ doesn't, because I've been listening to him way too long on the airwaves.

And some of you are caught trolling on MMQB after football losses, gloating. 'Let me get some popcorn and enjoy this discussion'. It's always a white coach/black coach, political thing.

To use your own words, CMA would have to rape small children to earn some criticism from some of you. Then, it would be 'gee, it really pains me to say this, but he really shouldn't have done that...'

Hawg Red

Do people really think we're going to lose the bulk of the future recruits that are committed?? Do you really think those kids that talked about how playing for Arkansas is their dream are going to give that up because they coach they committed to isn't there? Makes no sense. You de-commit and go somewhere else and you're still playing for another coach unless you follow Mike to, probably, the AAC or C-USA. Did y'all even read Reggie Perry's committment letter? We might not keep 100% of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did. They all want to play together and many of them really want to be Razorbacks. Even Mike was able to keep all of Pelphrey's eligible recruits in 2011. It's a worthless excuse to keep a coach. My stance is that all of the committed talent makes the job more attractive because it eases the urgency to bring talent in in the early going.

If we don't make the NCAA tournament this season, I'm done. I'll have no more faith left in Mike Anderson. This team isn't super-talented, but they are talented enough to get into the NCAAs somewhere. I'll even take an 11-seed play-in. That's me lowering my expectations as far as they will go. This season has been tenuous. On one hand, we have a pretty good record and we've won two games outside of BWA. But, on the other hand, we have no strong wins and we're staring down the barrel of 0-3 in SEC play. I'm trying to fight of the Pelphrey-ish feeling I've got in my stomach right now. A win tonight would go a long way towards getting me back in a positive state of mind. It's going to be game-by-game with me this year because that's all Anderson has with me (the rest of the season). I want it to work with him. It's in everyone's best interests if it does. Plenty of work to be done, though, to get there.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 04:30:05 pm
Been gone over a year.and come back to the same Anderson hate from you.some things never change. new year and same BS.
Nobody hear hates Anderson, see that's another problem of yours. You see vast conspiracies everywhere.
Maybe they're just making observations?
Maybe the internet is just inherently negative? (which it is)
Negativity sells.
Go over to MMQB lately, you'll see plenty of 'haters'.

They're not just attacking your beloved Mike. Maybe they're just calling it the way it is.

010HogFan

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 03, 2017, 03:33:12 pm
So you named one player. And that player had 4 pts, 6 rebs, 2 asts, and 0 turnovers in 23 minutes vs. Florida.

For the season, he has averaged 6 pts, 4 rebs, 2 asts, 1.5 stls, on 53% shooting in 22 minutes per game.

Try again. Manny belongs on the court. He isn't a star, but he hustles, plays good defense, and produces a solid stat line.

He's the best option we have to put out there. That's not what I'm saying.
What I'm saying is that if he is the best option we have to put out there, that's not a good thing. I could say this most of the times Thompson and/or Thomas is in the game as well. The talent is not there on this roster to win at the clip some are expecting. You can't tell me otherwise.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 03, 2017, 04:34:13 pm
Do people really think we're going to lose the bulk of the future recruits that are committed?? Do you really think those kids that talked about how playing for Arkansas is their dream are going to give that up because they coach they committed to isn't there? Makes no sense. You de-commit and go somewhere else and you're still playing for another coach unless you follow Mike to, probably, the AAC or C-USA. Did y'all even read Reggie Perry's committment letter? We might not keep 100% of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did. They all want to play together and many of them really want to be Razorbacks. Even Mike was able to keep all of Pelphrey's eligible recruits in 2011. It's a worthless excuse to keep a coach. My stance is there all of the committed talent makes the job more attractive because it eases the urgency to bring talent in in the early going.

If we don't make the NCAA tournament this season, I'm done. I'll have no more faith left in Mike Anderson. This team isn't super-talented, but they are talented enough to get into the NCAAs somewhere. I'll even take an 11-seed play-in. That's me lowering my expectations as far as they will go. This season has been tenuous. On one hand, we have a pretty good record and we've won two games outside of BWA. But, on the other hand, we no strong wins and we're staring down the barrel of 0-3 in SEC play. I'm trying to fight of the Pelphrey-ish feeling I've got in my stomach right now. A win tonight would go a long way towards getting me back in a positive state of mind. It's going to be game-by-game with me this year because that's all Anderson has with me. I want it to work with him. It's in everyone's best interests if it does. Plenty of work to be done, though, to get there.

Well said.

I'm also rooting for Mike. I want it to work. There's no one who is classier or reps the UA in a better way than he does. He is 100% class act and I'm proud he is our coach. I mean that sincerely. In 5+ years, I can't recall a single instance where he either said or did the wrong thing from a professional standpoint.

Having said that, I will root for him 100% while holding my nose at the lap-dog CMA lackeys on here, though.

rude1

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 03, 2017, 03:09:18 pm
When we hired Mike, people were looking for the next Nolan Richardson. Honestly, I think Frank Martin is closer to Nolan than Mike is.

We missed out there, imo.
Huh? What is it with this Frank Martin love? He hasn't made an NCAA Tourney appearance yet at SC and this is year 5, that's slower than Mike's pace. Yet there seems to be a belief that he is an excellent coach. Is it how he scowls, and gets up and barks at his players? I mean do you guys seriously believe that is coaching?

forrest city joe

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 03, 2017, 04:34:49 pm
Nobody hear hates Anderson, see that's another problem of yours. You see vast conspiracies everywhere.
Maybe they're just making observations?
Maybe the internet is just inherently negative? (which it is)
Negativity sells.
Go over to MMQB lately, you'll see plenty of 'haters'.

They're not just attacking your beloved Mike. Maybe they're just calling it the way it is.
Yea right. same crap!

rude1

Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 03:27:51 pm
They will do neither. They will limp into the ncaat at around a 7-9 seed, and fcj will build a statue to Mike a claim him the greatest coach evah.
UMMM isn't making the NCAA Tourney the goal, are we now going to move the bar so we can complain at seeding?

hobhog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 02:35:48 pm
All you fire Mike guys that say yes you are willing to throw away those great recruiting classes may get your wish if this season is not good.then you get to start over yet again,which may take another 3 or 4 years. i warn you guys in football and you would not listen. and i am warning you again here. be careful what you wish for.

Those recruits would very likely come anyway with right hire.  We don't need to be held hostage.

If he dances this year fine, he stays. If not, he gone.

elksnort

But you would not address some actual serious questions pertaining to basketball.

Do you want to talk sports or just bitch? I specifically asked you about the basketball team in another thread and was serious, but you took the bait to the bull crap. Speaking of nothing has changed.

porkinsons disease

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

dsims2k3

We're  11-2 and currently projected as a 9 seed by Lunardi but  you would  think we were 7-6 around  here.  18 more games to go.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

The_Iceman

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 03:59:13 pm
Pure BS. Pel on court record was pitiful. Mike record is better than that. Pel went 2 in 15 in sec play one year.Mike has never been that bad.

My bad Joe. Meant to say better. I fixed it.

Hawg Red

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 03, 2017, 05:03:30 pm
We're  11-2 and currently projected as a 9 seed by Lunardi but  you would  think we were 7-6 around  here.  18 more games to go.

We've lost to the two best opponents we've played. That's plenty reason for concern. At some point, we have to start winning resume games instead of losing them.

WilsonHog

Y'all got this sh*t whipped into a frenzy, don't you?  ;D ;D ;D

It's like watching the return of "Nuthouse" Fargo...

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Auburn on January 03, 2017, 02:15:15 pm
I would fire him because the team looks like it sucks and does in fact suck.  it is a bad product to watch.  now, I would love for college sports to go back to amateurism but it isn't going to happen, so in the mean while at least put forth an entertaining product.

I can watch high school games that exhibit more passion, focus, fundamentals, and/or creativity on offense and defense.  watching MA-hawg ball is almost as bad as an intramural game on a wednesday night.

LoL.  We have 2 losses. 
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

Otis

Just wait Madden, BJ Young, and Michelson are coming. Jimmy Whitt is the guard we need, much better fit for Mike's system than Kevaughn Allen. We don't want both of them. We've got 3 of the best juco's ever enrolling this year, just wait. We have GREAT classes lined up for next year and 2018.

Seems to be a pattern here. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be skeptical of hogville basketball and recruiting "experts".  Fans want to see results not false promises of what's to come.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 03, 2017, 05:06:14 pm
We've lost to the two best opponents we've played. That's plenty reason for concern. At some point, we have to start winning resume games instead of losing them.

Better than losing to the two worst teams we've played. 

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Otis on January 03, 2017, 05:59:01 pm
Just wait Madden, BJ Young, and Michelson are coming. Jimmy Whitt is the guard we need, much better fit for Mike's system than Kevaughn Allen. We don't want both of them. We've got 3 of the best juco's ever enrolling this year, just wait. We have GREAT classes lined up for next year and 2018.

Seems to be a pattern here. I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be skeptical of hogville basketball and recruiting "experts".  Fans want to see results not false promises of what's to come.
^^^ spot on! +1000
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hobhog

HogBreath

Quote from: Otis on January 03, 2017, 05:59:01 pm

Exactly right..we've supposedly been having great players on the way for quite a while now.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Tyrant Hog

It IS TIME for a change. NEW Years and NEW coach Anderson is just a bad coach!

jdunhog

Joe just a bunch of anderson haters on here!

98hogs

MA's guys finished tonight!  Had to battle the freakin refs too

porkinsons disease

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 02:11:03 pm
I come back from being gone for over a year,and one of the first threads i see is Mike has to go. let me put this as nice as i can. if Mike goes,so do all the big time recruits he has line up.Justice Hill,Reggie Perry and all the rest will not come here if Mike gets fired.is that what you fire Mike folks want to happen? think before you start screaming about firing the coach.be careful what you wish for.
yes you are correct. you still put cma above the team.you promise that we just have to give him some time. 5 plus years is not enough.and you have a bunch or run-on sentences

Nice win tonight HOGS (that would include the players and the coaches)

dsims2k3

Quote from: porkinsons disease on January 03, 2017, 07:58:25 pm
yes you are correct. you still put cma above the team.you promise that we just have to give him some time. 5 plus years is not enough.and you have a bunch or run-on sentences

Nice win tonight HOGS (that would include the players and the coaches)

Stability is in the best interest of the program.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: dsims2k3 on January 03, 2017, 08:00:12 pm
Stability is in the best interest of the program.
I agree. Some success along the way would be nice too.

bvillepig

Welcome back Joe.  I have always enjoyed reading your threads.

Hoggish1

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 02:11:03 pm
I come back from being gone for over a year,and one of the first threads i see is Mike has to go. let me put this as nice as i can. if Mike goes,so do all the big time recruits he has line up.Justice Hill,Reggie Perry and all the rest will not come here if Mike gets fired.is that what you fire Mike folks want to happen? think before you start screaming about firing the coach.be careful what you wish for.

Joe, if you knew anything about the Westcoasthog, you'd be LYAO...

Hoggish1

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on January 03, 2017, 02:42:31 pm
It all depends on the replacement, doesn't it? I'd replace the AD before allowing Long to hire another coach for any sport.

That is one piece of logic that is golden...

Knot2brite

If MA does not take this team to the NCAA tournament ( barring a catastrophic injury or two) then he should be replaced. But all signs point to a strong possibility of him taking this team to the NCAA tournament so we need to let the season play out
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required