Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I leave for over a year and see nothing has changed

Started by forrest city joe, January 03, 2017, 02:11:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dropkick

Joe, you came back just in time to be a lucky charm for an SEC road win. Stick around please.

snf6278

Yes, Pel had that one class. After that he had nothing. He did leave a mess that Mike has had to clean up. Mike doesn't have just one class lined up, he has the next three years lined up. Has he faltered at times? I'd say yes, however he is showing us this year that those days are gone. The haters will always scream bloody murder when the Hogs lose. It's what they've done for the last 5+ years. It will never change. As far as goodwin, allen, and monk go, just admit it, they didn't want to be here. Anyone can see that, but they always get brought up as firepower to fire Mike. Joe it's good to see you back! No one has a louder voice of reason for us who support the Hogs than you. Just please hang around this time!

Athog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 02:11:03 pm
I come back from being gone for over a year,and one of the first threads i see is Mike has to go. let me put this as nice as i can. if Mike goes,so do all the big time recruits he has line up.Justice Hill,Reggie Perry and all the rest will not come here if Mike gets fired.is that what you fire Mike folks want to happen? think before you start screaming about firing the coach.be careful what you wish for.

The problem is everybody's answer in basketball football is always fire the coach!!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 03, 2017, 04:31:37 pm
Yes, and I'm w-a-y offbase, aren't I?

You guys played the card, I didn't. You just won't own up to it. 

There's no other explanation that makes any kind of sense to explain the rabid, irrational, blind, homer-istic support of Mike Anderson. OF COURSE race is big part of that.

You don't treat every coach with the same standard. I know FCJ doesn't, because I've been listening to him way too long on the airwaves.

And some of you are caught trolling on MMQB after football losses, gloating. 'Let me get some popcorn and enjoy this discussion'. It's always a white coach/black coach, political thing.

To use your own words, CMA would have to rape small children to earn some criticism from some of you. Then, it would be 'gee, it really pains me to say this, but he really shouldn't have done that...'

Please show me where I played the "card". You can't quote me on any of the crap you just threw out there. Just another smear campaign on your part. Guess you have no argument and race is all you got left. Smh.

And what's with the you guys crap? Try making an effort to respond to the person you are speaking with.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: MountieDawg on January 03, 2017, 02:26:14 pm
Pel had the #9 ranked recruiting class in the nation per ESPN coming in....  Didn't stop the change last time, shouldn't stop the change this time... 

Let me explain this as best I can. Mike isn't going anywhere. He will be here for as long as he likes. If Jeff Long left, Mike would still be the coach here for as long as he wants too. Mike took over a worse dumpster fire than the football team ever had. And he got the message about needing to recruit.

Mike will be here long after Bret is gone.

PRJ

rtr

Quote from: WilsonHog on January 03, 2017, 05:11:41 pm
Y'all got this sh*t whipped into a frenzy, don't you?  ;D ;D ;D

It's like watching the return of "Nuthouse" Fargo...
This^^^^ Joe has em squealing like pigs (not the razorback kind, either).  They keep coming back for more.  It is truly glorious. ;D ;D ;D :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown:: ::hornsdown::
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 03, 2017, 04:17:13 pm
You are always playing the race card on here but pretending that its someone else doing it. If I had hinted at anything that could be construed as a comment on race like you often do, Atlhogfan would pounce like a cat on a mouse. Guess he didn't see your commentary in this thread. smh.

You guys are so hypocritical it's pathetic.

Oh...he saw it.

Doesn't fit with ATL's agenda though.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hobhog on January 03, 2017, 04:49:48 pm
Those recruits would very likely come anyway with right hire.  We don't need to be held hostage.

If he dances this year fine, he stays. If not, he gone.

Aren't you one of the high ranking members of the defend Bret until death club?

PRJ

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 03, 2017, 04:17:13 pm
You are always playing the race card on here but pretending that its someone else doing it. If I had hinted at anything that could be construed as a comment on race like you often do, Atlhogfan would pounce like a cat on a mouse. Guess he didn't see your commentary in this thread. smh.

You guys are so hypocritical it's pathetic.

Only if you played The Card to me if you felt I was being critical of Anderson and said it was due to race.  Swinesong's m.o.

I didn't care about his commentary.  Wasn't directed to me.  No reason to project HDs opinion onto me.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 03, 2017, 09:59:13 pm
Only if you played The Card to me if you felt I was being critical of Anderson and said it was due to race.  Swinesong's m.o.

I have never done that to you, or anyone else, so you may be thinking of someone else.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 03, 2017, 10:13:08 pm
I have never done that to you, or anyone else, so you may be thinking of someone else.

I didn't say YOU have.  Why I didn't name YOU. Leave me out of your argument w HD.  Address it with him. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

porkrindjimmy

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on January 03, 2017, 10:17:03 pm
I didn't say YOU have.  Why I didn't name YOU. Leave me out of your argument w HD.  Address it with him.

Ok. I'm good.

forrest city joe

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 03, 2017, 10:17:54 pm
Joe...you asleep?

PRJ
No Jimmy i am here reading your great post. you bring a hell of a lot to hogville. i was gone for over a year here. and come back today and see the same people posting the same things about Anderson. hell the man knows he has to win. and he got a big one on the road tonight. i am very happy.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 10:34:09 pm
No Jimmy i am here reading your great post. you bring a hell of a lot to hogville. i was gone for over a year here. and come back today and see the same people posting the same things about Anderson. hell the man knows he has to win. and he got a big one on the road tonight. i am very happy.

I am happy myself. And I am glad you are back. You have been missed by a great many here at Hogville.

I think Mike is getting it all together. People misjudged just how far the program had sunk since Nolan left. I believe he got the message about recruiting last year and he has put his nose to the grindstone.

People don't understand, Mike is a hog. Cleveland, Mayberry and Thurman are Hogs. I have been given so much enjoyment from those four, as well as Nolan and many others. I think back fondly to the days of Eddie. Mike is one of us. White, Black, red or green. Mike is a Hog, through and through....Just like us.

PRJ

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

forrest city joe

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 03, 2017, 10:41:08 pm
I am happy myself. And I am glad you are back. You have been missed by a great many here at Hogville.

I think Mike is getting it all together. People misjudged just how far the program had sunk since Nolan left. I believe he got the message about recruiting last year and he has put his nose to the grindstone.

People don't understand, Mike is a hog. Cleveland, Mayberry and Thurman are Hogs. I have been given so much enjoyment from those four, as well as Nolan and many others. I think back fondly to the days of Eddie. Mike is one of us. White, Black, red or green. Mike is a Hog, through and through....Just like us.

PRJ
Right on the money. he is not a perfect coach. hell i get mad at him some times. but he is a good coach who is building a strong program. the recruiting is lights out these days. only a matter of time now before the program is where most of us want it.not counting the folks who want him to fail and get fired.

forrest city joe

donbro

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 03, 2017, 03:36:25 pm
To be fair, Mike Anderson's on court success has been about equal to Heath and worse (edit*) better than Pelphrey, but his off court record far exceeds both of them.

His on court success warrants being let go, but maybe the success off the court is saving him...for now.
Stan Heath      82-71(.536)     31-49 (.388)
John Pelphrey  69-59 (.539)    25-39 (.391)
Mike Anderson 114-66 (.633)  49-41 (.541)
You just making stuff up.  ::) ::) ::)

forrest city joe

Quote from: donbro on January 03, 2017, 10:58:49 pm
Stan Heath      82-71(.536)     31-49 (.388)
John Pelphrey  69-59 (.539)    25-39 (.391)
Mike Anderson 114-66 (.633)  49-41 (.541)
You just making stuff up.  ::) ::) ::)

BOOM! but don't let the facts get in the way of his Anderson hate.

razorsharp94

I was about to post records. Mike is doing more than we've done in 20 years. Before Mike from 95-96 on we had 3 10 win conference seasons. Mike has had three in five. I'll bet he gets 4 in 6.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 03, 2017, 09:15:36 pm
Please show me where I played the "card". You can't quote me on any of the crap you just threw out there. Just another smear campaign on your part. Guess you have no argument and race is all you got left. Smh.

And what's with the you guys crap? Try making an effort to respond to the person you are speaking with.
It's quite simple.
I expect any coach to have some loyal supporters i.e. those that post various things but tend to trend 'supportive', maybe even predominantly so. Not unusual.
But over a long period of time when I observe the same people 'pumping sunshine and farting rainbows' and never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever have a discouraging word to say about the coach, even in the face of less than outstanding results, at first it is amusing then it turns into annoyance, and eventually becomes (almost) anger.
And as I said, some of same people are completely hypocritical and the first in line to scream 'crucify him!' when it involves someone else.
It ain't right.
So I sit down and ponder what would motivate someone to be that ignorant, or more accurately, 'willfully' ignorant. See what they want to see and ignore the rest.
And the 'card' is the only thing that makes remote sense.
I was born at night, but not last night.
I know the whole Nolan thing is still festering with some people. I think everything I've posted is 1000% true.

But I'll leave the floor open. Go ahead...try to give me another reason for such blind, unwavering, homer-istic loyalty to this particular coach. I'll hang up and listen.

jgphillips3

Mike was underperforming and he was not recruiting the talent needed.  He seems to have gotten the message, adapted and is trending up.  With the classes he has lined up, I see no reason not to let the string play out.  For those who think the recruits will come here anyway, see how wrong we were the last time we thought that when we fired Nolan.  They come for the coach, not the program.  Mike may finally be about to turn the corner.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 03, 2017, 09:38:12 pm
Let me explain this as best I can. Mike isn't going anywhere. He will be here for as long as he likes. If Jeff Long left, Mike would still be the coach here for as long as he wants too. Mike took over a worse dumpster fire than the football team ever had. And he got the message about needing to recruit.

Mike will be here long after Bret is gone.

PRJ
You know, I've been reading quite a few of your posts in MMQB lately and I've been agreeing with you 100%.
You've been strong pointing out the flaws in Bielema, particularly in contrast with Petrino, and I'm totally with you. I've posted numerous things like that along those lines myself.

But when you post crap like 'Mike will be here as long as he wants', now it makes me wonder if you're just another lap-dog for Anderson...you know, bar-b-que some coaches and suck up to the guys you choose to support.

People's agendas should be called out for what they are.

Call me whatever you want. What you won't be able to do is point out where I've been a lap-dog for ANY coach.

Saying someone can be here 'as long as they want is inane, incendiary, and idiotic. These people aren't fans of the UA, they're fans of an agenda. Period.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 03, 2017, 10:41:08 pm

PRJ
Mike is one of us. Yes, he is. No argument there, this is where he wants to be. Left a pretty good situation to come here.

Recruiting picked up when Scotty joined the staff. I'm not going full-bore and giving him all the credit, but neither do I think it's a total coincidence, either. Thurman one of my all-time favorites Hogs. I can just see him being a hit on the recruiting trail---a link to the past, smooth, young, hip, great player.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 11:07:20 pm
Yes, Joe, these numbers are so radically different.
The one thing they have in common is mediocrity.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: rude1 on January 03, 2017, 04:45:56 pm
Huh? What is it with this Frank Martin love? He hasn't made an NCAA Tourney appearance yet at SC and this is year 5, that's slower than Mike's pace. Yet there seems to be a belief that he is an excellent coach. Is it how he scowls, and gets up and barks at his players? I mean do you guys seriously believe that is coaching?
I don't get the Frank Martin love either.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: pigture perfect on January 03, 2017, 04:14:40 pm
The same argument was given a few years ago with a certain coach of a certain sport who got a 2 year pass. Only in this case if we wait around for the class of 18, it will be a 5-6 year pass. So I think that premis is pretty well shot.

I like Mike. I think he reps the University well and I would certainly like to sit and eat a meal with the man and talk about anything other than basketball. If basketball coaching came into the conversation, I or him would just get mad.
Yea, I distinctly remember sitting at a Sonic eating lunch one day(not making this up, I was really at a Sonic) and FCJ calls into DriveTime Sports on a Houston Nutt rant 'Now Randy...this is unacceptable...'
Of course, we had Darren McFadden in the pipeline.
Of course, in 2006, with McFadden and others, we win the SEC West, go 7-1 in the SEC. But no patience from FCJ.
Of course, now we're being told to wait on recruits in the pipeline, and this is totally different situation.
FCJ and others support whom they choose to support. I'm just pointing that out.
Great example of what I'm talking about.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 03, 2017, 11:07:20 pm
Stan Heath: 1 NCAA appearance
Pelphrey:     1 NCAA appearance
Anderson:    1 NCAA appearance

BOOM!      But don't let that sway your thinking.

But since Pelphrey's was actually Stan's team, no question, you may as well say Heath had two NCAA teams. Anderson one.
That's why  I say Heath has done a slightly better job than Anderson to this point in time. Not radically, but maybe some.
Not much difference, though, which is the whole point.

Somehow out of that you get 'Mike can be here as long as he wants, or as long as he needs' when you throw the others under the bus. I have my theories why.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 03, 2017, 11:59:42 pm

But since Pelphrey's was actually Stan's team, no question, you may as well say Heath had two NCAA teams. Anderson one.
That's why  I say Heath has done a slightly better job than Anderson to this point in time. Not radically, but maybe some.

Somehow out of that you get 'Mike can be here as long as he wants, or as long as he needs' when you throw the others under the bus. I have my theories why.
Stan Heath had 2 straight tournament appearances and got fired after making his 2nd appearance.

PonderinHog

BRHogfan

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 04, 2017, 02:46:00 am
Stan Heath had 2 straight tournament appearances and got fired after making his 2nd appearance.

And in his first appearance he got beat by Bucknell in an ugly game.  The team went on a 6 game run which included a miraculous snow game against top 10 Florida and a crazy come from behind win against Alabama.  That 6 game run saved Heath's job and got that team into the Tournament.

In his 2nd appearance he blamed the Hotel in Spokane on his blowout loss to USC coached by Tim Floyd.  The team was clearly out of the NCAA tournament following an 11-point home loss to Bruce Pearl's Tennessee squad that was playing a trapping attacking style of basketball that reminded Hog fans of Nolan's teams, but they managed to win 3 games in Atlanta and added just enough to their resume to get in.

This is why Stan Heath was fired, it's not just about overall results. 

hogsanity

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 03, 2017, 09:38:12 pm

Mike took over a worse dumpster fire than the football team ever had.

PRJ

Complete unadulterated horse crap.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

FineAsSwine

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 03, 2017, 09:15:36 pm

And you respond with?

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 03, 2017, 11:25:54 pm
It's quite simple.
I expect any coach to have some loyal supporters i.e. those that post various things but tend to trend 'supportive', maybe even predominantly so. Not unusual.
But over a long period of time when I observe the same people 'pumping sunshine and farting rainbows' and never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever have a discouraging word to say about the coach, even in the face of less than outstanding results, at first it is amusing then it turns into annoyance, and eventually becomes (almost) anger.
And as I said, some of same people are completely hypocritical and the first in line to scream 'crucify him!' when it involves someone else.
It ain't right.
So I sit down and ponder what would motivate someone to be that ignorant, or more accurately, 'willfully' ignorant. See what they want to see and ignore the rest.
And the 'card' is the only thing that makes remote sense.
I was born at night, but not last night.
I know the whole Nolan thing is still festering with some people. I think everything I've posted is 1000% true.

But I'll leave the floor open. Go ahead...try to give me another reason for such blind, unwavering, homer-istic loyalty to this particular coach. I'll hang up and listen.

Still jabbering on and on about what "SOME" people say? I don't give a flying flip about what other people have said about CMA whether pro or con so leave me out of the "SOME" people crowd. I am only responsible for what I say.

You still didn't respond to anything that I said to you so I guess that proves my point and please don't come back with another racism theory relating to CMA, it doesn't apply to me. Because of your obsession with race, in this and many other threads, it looks like you are the one with the problem.

You also mention "blind, unwavering, homer-istic loyalty to this particular coach" as proof of racism on the part of some posters as it relates to CMA but CBB is the beneficiary of the same in by numerous posters in MMQB. I guess using your "illogic", that must be because CBB is white. Just a tip for you to use in your future musings, "blind, unwavering, homer-istic loyalty" is the description of a FAN, not a racist.

God! this is so stupid!!! Please go away and do not bring this up to me again.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2017, 08:33:31 am
Complete unadulterated horse crap.

You don't have a clue.

Keep spouting your Anderson hate though. Your agenda is loud and clear.

Let me say it again for you. Mike took over a worse dumpster fire than the football program ever was.

Tell me...did Bret have or was facing scholarship reductions?

Get outta here with that mess.

PRJ

3kgthog

There's always going to be at least one kid you don't want to lose by firing the coach that recruited him. That's why you never let players run the program or hold it hostage. You'll end up in a never ending cycle of holding onto bad coaches far too long.

Mike needs to make the NCAAT this year and maybe even win a game. If not, ask yourself what other school with our history would keep a coach with one NCAA in six years. You'll be hard pressed to think of one.

Glad to see FCJ back, though. One day in and he's already stirred up things into a multi-page thread. Well done.

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 04, 2017, 09:15:25 am
You don't have a clue.

Keep spouting your Anderson hate though. Your agenda is loud and clear.

Let me say it again for you. Mike took over a worse dumpster fire than the football program ever was.

Tell me...did Bret have or was facing scholarship reductions?

Get outta here with that mess.

PRJ

All it takes in basketball is to recruit one McDonald's all american and each year and the program, changes. Aside Portis there are none. Basketball is a quicker fix because one to three recruits can change your program. Those recruits have been  within our state and Anderson has failed to real them in. Football program plays in the best conference in college football. SEC in basketball is Calipari and Florida and bunch of NIT and a limited number of bubble teams. Mike came into a 100% better situation than Bret.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 04, 2017, 09:21:10 am
All it takes in basketball is to recruit one McDonald's all american and each year and the program, changes. Aside Portis there are none. Basketball is a quicker fix because one to three recruits can change your program. Those recruits have been  within our state and Anderson has failed to real them in. Football program plays in the best conference in college football. SEC in basketball is Calipari and Florida and bunch of NIT and a limited number of bubble teams. Mike came into a 100% better situation than Bret.

Wrong. And I ain't flaming you. Mike had to get academics fixed or we were going to lose several scholarships. There were severe, severe problems with several players. I mean bad stuff.

PRJ

FineAsSwine

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 04, 2017, 09:27:51 am
Wrong. And I ain't flaming you. Mike had to get academics fixed or we were going to lose several scholarships. There were severe, severe problems with several players. I mean bad stuff.

PRJ

Yes, please don't flame the flamer.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 04, 2017, 09:21:10 am

Of the 3, I only blame Allen on him. Monk was dictated to by his brother. Flat out. Goodwin wasn't coming here no matter what. Allen he probably could have had.

PRJ

hogsanity

PRJ

That myth has been debunked, repeatedly. Pelphrey had fixed the apr issue he was left by Heath. The school was in pretty good apr shape when Mike showed up.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TheRazorbackGuy

PRJ

Because SEC basketball is such a meat grinder. Mike has so many powerhouse programs he faces and cupcakes he plays put him a bad situation? Bret also don't have empty houses night after night. I hope Monk goes off because how cowardly our fan base acted towards his family. The way people acted was embarrassing to my alma mater.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 04, 2017, 09:35:31 am
Because SEC basketball is such a meat grinder. Mike has so many powerhouse programs he faces and cupcakes he plays put him a bad situation? Bret also don't have empty houses night after night. I hope Monk goes off because how cowardly our fan base acted towards his family. The way people acted was embarrassing to my alma mater.

I agree on that. I have no ill will toward Malik. And I don't like it when we as fans, show our ass to a kid. That we agree on.

PRJ

TheRazorbackGuy

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 04, 2017, 09:38:22 am
I agree on that. I have no ill will toward Malik. And I don't like it when we as fans, show our ass to a kid. That we agree on.

PRJ

Yeah we agree on butthurt  fans who wish him injured or call him racist names like Monkey.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on January 03, 2017, 11:59:42 pm

Different eras. Selection criteria aren't the same. Heath probably never makes the tournament here under today's committee. The sweep of Kentucky would have been enough with 20+ wins during Heart's tenure.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 04, 2017, 09:39:45 am
Yeah we agree on butthurt  fans who wish him injured or call him racist names like Monkey.

If I ever hear anyone call him that or anyone else that, we will have a problem.

There is no place for that in life.

PRJ

PonderinHog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on January 04, 2017, 09:41:16 am
If I ever hear anyone call him that or anyone else that, we will have a problem.

There is no place for that in life.

PRJ
Can we still use monkey with a  butt whistle to describe Hootie ???  Still one of my faves.

TheRazorbackGuy

January 04, 2017, 09:43:26 am #148 Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 10:49:09 am by TheRazorbackGuy
PRJ... here is an example right here

Quote from: The real Hogules on January 04, 2017, 06:19:24 am
If you really are wishing for Monk to lay 30 on our team then you're not much of an Arkansas fan! I don't like Monkey, nor any other UK basketball player.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: TheRazorbackGuy on January 04, 2017, 09:43:26 am
PRJ... here is an example right here

Not sure if that was racist or just an aggressive, reactive word play on his name. Didn't seem racist at first glance but what do I know about racism? Guess I'll let the white people on Hogville define it, they seem to be the experts.