Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

South Carolina game prediction

Started by HognotinMemphis, October 03, 2017, 09:27:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

I of course really want the Hogs to win, but I see the Cocks taking this one because they actually go for FG's sometimes, I don't know what to expect from our kicking game because CBB won't let our kicker try one.  So I'm going to say Cocks-24 Hogs-21.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 03, 2017, 09:43:52 am
Based on most of these predictions, I guess we're gonna suddenly start kicking field goals.
You note that I have Arkansas scoring 21.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Hoginsavga

Watching other SEC west teams fall apart, except two, I'm getting this weird feeling things may come together for us this season. I think our offense is better than SC's. Defense goes to SC. However, I am counting on our offense to offset their advantage in defense.
Hogs 42 SC 31

I also have scheduled a MRI on my brain this week because something doesn't feel right.

carolinahogger

Quote from: HeathWimp on October 03, 2017, 02:03:46 pm
Bret usually loses games like this.  Cocks 28 Hogs 20 (missed XP)

Bret usually loses conference games.

code red

Quote from: IronHog on October 03, 2017, 09:28:46 am
SC 28
Hogs 10
I tend to agree.  Bentley has tons of talent around him.  Our pass rush is non-existent.  The secondary is suspect.  I just don't think this Hog team is ready to win.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

swinemaster

Very even matchup.  I think that the Hogs should win this one.  We could even get away from them in this one.

Hogs  31
Cocks 20

Cocks only converted 2 3rd downs against TAMU and went 0-2 on 4th down.  I think they are a great matchup for us.

31to6

SC OL is banged up. 3 of 5 starters are going to be 'day-to-day' all week. That should help us keep their productivity running the ball down which should make them a one-dimensional offense.

Hogs are favored, slightly and I think we win a close one. Their D will force a couple of FGs and I think we miss one, dropping 5 TD's of total offensive productivity down to 3TDs and 1FG.

Ark 24
USCe 20

ErnestHamingway

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

Tarheelhawg

VirginiaHog

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

Pig Worshipper

SC angry after close loss at Texas A&M. Hogs fail to make adjustments after leading at halftime.

Gamecocks win 38-24.

Muschamp does the hokey pokey with 'Cocks in their post game locker room.

Tusks

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 03, 2017, 05:38:43 pm

Well that IS what it's all about.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

swineology

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

FATHAWG08

I love off season Football!!

Swestwill66

If the HOGS will blitz Bentley they will win!! They'll give up some big plays but they're liable to do that anyways. If they only rush 3 or 4 Bentley will pick'em apart and hit some big plays. I think CPR turns the HOGS loose and beat U.S.C.e 35-31!

Switchback

Hogs 28-6

Great defensive performance and ball control offense.

Hoggish1

rhames

Quote from: Pig Worshipper on October 03, 2017, 05:38:43 pm

The guy isn't Sandusky
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Hoggish1

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 03, 2017, 10:55:38 am
Someone should kick you in the balls for calling us arky.

No doubt somebody has.

Roaringboar

SC-35
Ark-24

I know that sounds like a high score, but let's face it, we don't know anything about defense. Everyone keeps trying to sell the whole, "But we schemed against a run team when we played NMST." If that's the truth there's two problems.....1) NMST was primarily a passing team. If we were going to beat them, it should've been in the air. 2) Are defense did not look impressive against this mid-tier Sun Belt team.....and let's just add a 3) That third quarter possession where we had the ball for 8 minutes did not impress me about our offense. We had the ball for 8 minutes, and even got a whole new set of downs, so we had 8 downs right on their goal line and we still couldn't run the ball in, we ended up having to pass it to score. That does not bode well at all. If we can't run into the endzone playing a poor quality defense from the Sun Belt, what is a low level SEC team going to do to us....

Don't get me wrong, I hope we beat Carolina and it does look winnable, but it's on the road after they gave A&M a run for their money....just like we were supposedly playing angry on Saturday, they will be playing mad as hell against us. I don't think they're a great team, but Arkansas didn't do anything that showed me Saturday that we have what it takes to contend in the SEC. Not east or west......even if we are in a down year......I hope we can win at least 8 this season, but tbh, we're going to be lucky to get to 4 or 5......
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

BirmingHam

Quote from: tusked on October 03, 2017, 05:44:20 pm
Well that IS what it's all about.

He'll put his left foot in...

Hogs 31
Cocks 14

TheRazorback500

Ground Hogs 35
One-dimensional Chickens 21
Do you wanna get Rocked?

redneckfriend

Arkansas will have to score at least 35 to win. You tell me if they can do it against the SC defense- I don't know.

hogatheart

If we don't start getting pressure on a QB, we will make yet another QB look like a Heisman trophy candidate this Saturday.  3-4 has done us no favors. We are predictable, and give way too much cushion on D. Don't get me started on the Oline. If we continue to play the way we have in previous games. 31-14 (bad guys)  Prove me wrong,and WPS!!!

3kgthog

Cocks 27-24. Special teams cost the Hogs again.

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

Iwastherein1969

I think we win easily....make the score     Hogs   XXVII

USC-e   VII
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

plumbhog

bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

longpig

Cocks by 1 score, Bret Arnold blowing a 2nd half lead in typical fashion by sucking the life out of his team.
Don't be scared, be smart.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 03, 2017, 09:27:25 am
Cocks are 3-2 with losses to KY by 10 and to A&M by 7. Nice win over NC State in first game. NC State has since won 4 in a row, including a win at Tallahassee over Fla St. Cocks had a 1 pt win over La Tech and a 18 pt win over horrible Missouri.

Take from that what you will. Probably does not mean much when Arkansas travels to Columbia.

SC is averaging 23 points per game and give up an average of 21 points per game. They are coming off the loss to A&M in College Station.

I contend Arkansas plays better on the road against reasonable competition than they do at home. This should be a low scoring and very close game with either team having a good chance of winning it in last few minutes. Result will likely be based on team with fewest turnovers.

It's a toss up but given that SC has a quality win and Arkansas does not, I am going with:

SC: 24

ARK: 21
I didn't realize how bad Ark is in all phases of the game. these coaches should be beyond embarrassed. Do they practice?

Typical of Arkansas, cannot score in 2nd half. Worst team since Jack Crowe years. Bielema should retire. Either he is beyond incompetent or he is not giving proper effort. Pay is so high and buyout so high, taken away his motivation?

Told you SC would win. This pretty much locks up Bielema being gone from Arkansas on the last weekend of November.

Hogs' confidence non-existent. 2-6 is ceiling and 0-8 is likely.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hawgmasta

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 07, 2017, 05:52:44 pm
I didn't realize how bad Ark is in all phases of the game. these coaches should be beyond embarrassed. Do they practice?

Typical of Arkansas, cannot score in 2nd half. Worst team since Jack Crowe years. Bielema should retire. Either he is beyond incompetent or he is not giving proper effort. Pay is so high and buyout so high, taken away his motivation?

Told you SC would win. This pretty much locks up Bielema being gone from Arkansas on the last weekend of November.

Hogs' confidence non-existent. 2-6 is ceiling and 0-8 is likely.

Sad but true, I hate betting on teams I love but I'm pretty tempted to bet against Arkansas the rest of the year. I still love them with all my heart, but my brain and eyes show me the reality of the season.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 03, 2017, 09:27:25 am
Result will likely be based on team with fewest turnovers.

It's a toss up but given that SC has a quality win and Arkansas does not, I am going with:

SC: 24

ARK: 21

Boink! Turnovers: ARK - 4  SC - 0 SC scored 3 TD's on 3 of the 4 turnovers.