Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The FCA Combine in North Little Rock @ Verizon Arena (click below photo)

Started by The_Bionic_Pig, April 30, 2010, 11:40:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hawgsmellgud

"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

razorback44

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on April 30, 2010, 11:40:01 am

"college coaches can't be at the event unless their own kid is there"

Please tell me that Brandon Allen is going to be attending.   ;D
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: mspig on May 05, 2010, 11:27:43 am
Any stats from combine?

They were entering them in the computer when I left about 30 minutes ago.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

ricepig

Quote from: mspig on May 05, 2010, 11:27:43 am
Any stats from combine?

Brad Shearin, LB from Jonesboro, set a record by putting up 225lb 27 times.

thescout

Quintin Sparkman- RB/CB West Memphis
4.4 laser timed 40
36 in vertical
4.21 pro ag
benched 225 9 times/ maxed 2 weeks ago at 300 lbs

ricepig

You sure about that laser time? I thought his hand held time was only high 4.4's? I know he is fast, we spent all night last year chasing him from behind.

hawgsmellgud

Quote from: thescout on May 06, 2010, 09:41:22 am
Quintin Sparkman- RB/CB West Memphis
4.4 laser timed 40
36 in vertical
4.21 pro ag
benched 225 9 times/ maxed 2 weeks ago at 300 lbs

i didnt think anyone ran a .4

TechHog

Quote from: ricepig on May 06, 2010, 09:21:56 am
Brad Shearin, LB from Jonesboro, set a record by putting up 225lb 27 times.

Anyone from NE arkansas have anything on this guy?  He looks like a player to me.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

hog19911

Quote from: TechHog on May 06, 2010, 02:10:20 pm
Anyone from NE arkansas have anything on this guy?  He looks like a player to me.
I don't have much but I can tell you a little about him. When I was in the 8th and 9th grade I played on the Jr. high football team for Gosnell. At this time that is where Bradford attended school, I'm not sure exactly when he transfered to Jonesboro. The team was made up of Only 8th and 9th graders exept for bradford who was in the 7th grade. Now, the only reason he got to play a year ahead of schedule was because he was so much bigger, stronger and more physical than most of us who were 1 or ever 2 years older. Back then the only thing I could knock against him was that his speed was totally average but thats likely to have changed over the past 5 years. He was truly an unbelievable worker and a great person. I don't know if he could contribute on the field for the razorbacks, thats up to Petrino to decide and I'm sure he will make the right call. However, I would bet anything that nobody on the team would outwork him in effort on and off the field.

ricepig

Quote from: hog19911 on May 06, 2010, 02:24:12 pm
I don't have much but I can tell you a little about him. When I was in the 8th and 9th grade I played on the Jr. high football team for Gosnell. At this time that is where Bradford attended school, I'm not sure exactly when he transfered to Jonesboro. The team was made up of Only 8th and 9th graders exept for bradford who was in the 7th grade. Now, the only reason he got to play a year ahead of schedule was because he was so much bigger, stronger and more physical than most of us who were 1 or ever 2 years older. Back then the only thing I could knock against him was that his speed was totally average but thats likely to have changed over the past 5 years. He was truly an unbelievable worker and a great person. I don't know if he could contribute on the field for the razorbacks, thats up to Petrino to decide and I'm sure he will make the right call. However, I would bet anything that nobody on the team would outwork him in effort on and off the field.

I agree 100% with what you said. My son plays with Brad on the JHS team and Brad is the nicest young man you would ever meet. He transferred to Jonesboro between the fall and spring semesters of his 9th grade year. My only concern with Brad was his foot speed at LB for the SEC. They recently had their 40's timed at JHS and he was clocked at 4.54 by 5 watches. If he can run that, he can play in the SEC, because he has the strength, size, and desire.

ricepig

Some times from the combine in Jonesboro on Saturday.

Q. Sparkman- 4.4
Zac Brooks-4.4
Rock Cardwell- 4.37

I'm sure that these times are hand held, but they are all pretty good.

TechHog

n5xm

That's the best looking film I think I've ever seen on a HS LB.  His speed looks fine to me, he keeps his head up, and he has a nose for the football.  His motor appears to be running full speed all the time as well.  He also looks very quick.  I'd love to have the guy.  He will be stronger after a couple of years in the weight room.  I like that number 22 also!