Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Appalachian St.(4-5) at Arkansas(9-2), predictions?

Started by Modsquad24, December 21, 2007, 09:34:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Modsquad24

I think this game goes alot like the last, razorbacks turn up the intensity again in rout to a 91-66 win in front of a big crowd at Alltel, GHG!

Hogginitall

MICHAELSPAPPY

It would have been more difficult a year ago, when App State was a pretty salty team. Not so tough this year. Hogs by 30.

Beaverfever

Beaverfever

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 21, 2007, 10:47:29 am
Depends on what team shows up. 

The team we saw on the road against OK?  68-54 Hogs

The team that trounced NW State?  89-62 Hogs
It's funny you say that about oklahoma.  I have heard lots of people mention how bad we played.  I honestly thought minus the terrible shooting we played pretty one of our best games of the year.  Very few turnovers and a pretty efficient half court offense. 

Hogginitall

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 21, 2007, 10:54:06 am
It's funny you say that about oklahoma.  I have heard lots of people mention how bad we played.  I honestly thought minus the terrible shooting we played pretty one of our best games of the year.  Very few turnovers and a pretty efficient half court offense. 

Shooting is a pretty important component of playing well, I'd say.  They shot lights out and we couldn't hit the broad side of an arena.  I'm just glad they beat Gonzaga last night.  Makes me feel a little better.

Beaverfever

December 21, 2007, 11:02:52 am #7 Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 11:05:24 am by Beaverfever
Quote from: Hogginitall on December 21, 2007, 10:57:41 am
Shooting is a pretty important component of playing well, I'd say.  They shot lights out and we couldn't hit the broad side of an arena.  I'm just glad they beat Gonzaga last night.  Makes me feel a little better.
I disagree.  Shooting comes and goes.  By your logic Beverly is a terrible player.  We know that's not true.  His shots just aren't falling.  IMO playing well is getting good looks at the basket, eliminating to's, forcing to's, rebounding, defending, etc.  Also as you said they shot amazingly and we shot terribly and still could have won on the road, we were doing something right.

Hogginitall

Quote from: Beaverfever on December 21, 2007, 11:02:52 am
I disagree.  Shooting comes and goes.  By your logic Beverly is a terrible player.  We know that's not true.  His shots just aren't falling. 

And our shooting was not good against Oklahoma.  Therefore, it was a pretty poor outing, in my opinion.  I'm not saying that this is a bad team because they had a bad shooting night.  I'm not saying that the players aren't good because they had a bad shooting night against Oklahoma.  I'm simply saying that shooting well is a BIG component of a team being good.

If a team shoots 20% the entire year, they're not going to win many games.

Hogginitall

Arkansas shot 41% from the field, 22% from 3 point range, and 53% from the FT line.  That's a bad game.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Hogginitall on December 21, 2007, 11:08:52 am
Arkansas shot 41% from the field, 22% from 3 point range, and 53% from the FT line.  That's a bad game.
Agreed!

kibster

Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

Tomhog™

If a team shoots bad enough, they can lose every game of their season.  Of course that doesn't happen, but just saying that shooting is a CRITICAL component of a good game.  That being said, I still didn't see the same explosive energy in Norman that I saw in Fayetteville. 

booogaga

GO HOGS!

slowride