Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Panama City, Destin... Toll Roads ???

Started by ImHogginIt, August 25, 2014, 04:07:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

Flying into Panama City in October and renting a car for 4 days. The only area I will be driving is between Panama City and Destin. Are there any tolls at all in that area ? Don't care to throw away $$$ on a Sunpass if one is not needed. From this site it shows no toll roads in the area but would prefer to hear from those of you with lots of knowledge on the area
https://www.sunpass.com/roadsAndBridges

H&D

Nope. The only interstate is I-10, no tolls on it and it's several miles north of the beaches anyways. You will probably never get on it. No worries.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

MJ2

If you've never been to that part of the world, the only toll you'll pay is that you'll dream of going back for everyday for the rest of your life!   There's magnets in the sand that pull you back.

ImHogginIt

Quote from: MJ2 on August 25, 2014, 10:16:19 am
If you've never been to that part of the world, the only toll you'll pay is that you'll dream of going back for everyday for the rest of your life!   There's magnets in the sand that pull you back.

Only been to Gulf Shores in that area. Been to Clearwater/St Pete a bunch and over to Cocoa Beach in Florida but never to Destin/Panama City area

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

Quote from: H&D on August 25, 2014, 05:03:40 am
Nope. The only interstate is I-10, no tolls on it and it's several miles north of the beaches anyways. You will probably never get on it. No worries.

No need to even consider I-10 from ECP.  From ECP take hwy 79 to Hwy 98 and head west.

The only paytoll is the middle-bay bridge which will take you from Destin (at the commons) up to the Niceville area.

October is a great time on the Emerald Coast.  PM me if you have questions on food or charters.....lived in that area nearly 12 years.   Have a terrific time!
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10