Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The OBX (outer banks)

Started by trphog, June 30, 2014, 08:42:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

trphog

Heading to the Outer Banks in late August. We are going to be in the Kill Devil Hills/ Kitty Hawk area. Any recommendations that you guys might have for places to eat and things to do? We have young kids so looking mostly for kid friendly places. Thanks!

SirCHog2

Coin jock marina has a nice restaurant, great food.  Probably about half an hour drive from your location. 
   Are you driving thru Virginia on 168 or directly east on NC state hwy 64?

trphog

Quote from: SirCHog2 on July 02, 2014, 04:05:19 pm
Coin jock marina has a nice restaurant, great food.  Probably about half an hour drive from your location. 
   Are you driving thru Virginia on 168 or directly east on NC state hwy 64?

Thanks SirC! Haven't quite mapped out our route yet. Was thinking we would go 64. Have any thoughts or recommendations for that route? Thanks!

SirCHog2

If you are renting a house for a week, Saturday is "turnover day".  What that means is heavy traffic all day.  People checking out leave in the morning and of course the check-ins arrive in early afternoon.  If you plan on staying in a hotel/motel, try to arrive/ depart on any other day. 
  I live off 168 in Chesapeake, Va, so we see the traffic each weekend.  I'm not familiar enough with the traffic patterns of 64 to be able to give any recommendations.  Anyway, I'm sure you will have a great time. 
  Hurricane Arthur is headed my way, so I've got to get ready the house ready.  Do have a safe trip.

trphog

Quote from: SirCHog2 on July 03, 2014, 05:01:04 pm
If you are renting a house for a week, Saturday is "turnover day".  What that means is heavy traffic all day.  People checking out leave in the morning and of course the check-ins arrive in early afternoon.  If you plan on staying in a hotel/motel, try to arrive/ depart on any other day. 
  I live off 168 in Chesapeake, Va, so we see the traffic each weekend.  I'm not familiar enough with the traffic patterns of 64 to be able to give any recommendations.  Anyway, I'm sure you will have a great time. 
  Hurricane Arthur is headed my way, so I've got to get ready the house ready.  Do have a safe trip.

Thank you. Will say a prayer for you as this storm comes your way!

HognVA

Quote from: SirCHog2 on July 03, 2014, 05:01:04 pm

I live off 168 in Chesapeake, Va, so we see the traffic each weekend.

I live off the Mount Pleasant exit. Small world.

SirCHog2

I live off Hillwell, real small world.

HognVA

I see a couple other vehicles with a Hog logo around the area. Maybe that's you....