Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Belize 2013

Started by BR, September 05, 2012, 02:55:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BR

Planning 2014 return trip now with more friends...
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

DeltaBoy

Tons of Ex Military down there according to some of my friends who go down there to vacation.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

BR

Already have 16 of us signed up for next Feb 2014... We will end up with 30-40 of us... Can't wait..

Dr. Starcs

How'd you make all your $$$ Joe?

BR

Dr. Starcs

FaytownHog

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on February 21, 2013, 06:51:31 am
I work my ass off...
In what field of work? I know a lot of people that work their asses off for $9 an hour (not that I'm hating on your success. I'm glad people can still make it out there. Just makes me more curious as to what you do and how you made it).

Hogoverseas

We went to Belize last Summer and had a pretty good time. We stayed at Cayo Espanto Resort off the coast of San Pedro. For the amount of money we paid and the water clarity, etc. we probably will never return. The resort was fantastic and the service was incredible, but there is something about having a nice, soft powder beach and turquoise water, which you find in the Caribbean, that appeals to us more.

I am glad we can say we went once, but we like others places better.

BR

Quote from: Hogoverseas on February 21, 2013, 09:50:40 am
We went to Belize last Summer and had a pretty good time. We stayed at Cayo Espanto Resort off the coast of San Pedro. For the amount of money we paid and the water clarity, etc. we probably will never return. The resort was fantastic and the service was incredible, but there is something about having a nice, soft powder beach and turquoise water, which you find in the Caribbean, that appeals to us more.

Did you happen to go over to Caye Caulker while you were there? It is another of the smaller Islands. Pretty cool day trip... If you like the Caribbean, check out Jost Van Dyke it is a really cool Island..

Hogoverseas

No we didn't check out Caye Caulker.

We have not been to Jost Van Dyke, but we do love the British Virgin Islands. All this island talk makes me want to be there right now! 

FaytownHog

The water wasn't clear where you were? Man, off Caye Caulker it's look pool water! I'd definitely give some other islands a chance!

pigture perfect

Caye Caulker is where you want to go.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hogoverseas

Yeah it was pretty murky when we went. I don't know, it just wasn't our favorite place to visit. Everything was really nice and people were great, but there was just something about it. We can't place our finger on it. Who knows, we might give it another try in a few years.

pigture perfect

Someone mentioned Hopkins earlier as a place to go as a resort. It is nice. I can tell you the 46 years ago, the only way to get to Hopkins was by boat. We would have to use dugout canoes (dories) to get there from land. I have the distinction of being the first white baby any of them had ever seen. I was 2 and my sister was 5. They thought we were blind because we had blue eyes. My, how things have changed.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Hankweb

Down here today. If I knew how to post a pic I'd make y'all jealous!

BR

Quote from: Hankweb on February 21, 2013, 03:26:40 pm
Down here today. If I knew how to post a pic I'd make y'all jealous!
Are you on Ambergris Caye?

Willyboy

Quote from: pigture perfect on February 21, 2013, 12:32:01 pm
Caye Caulker is where you want to go.

Yes it is!  I'll be there for one day when I go down to Belize on the 8th.

BR

Quote from: Willyboy on February 21, 2013, 10:21:12 pm
Yes it is!  I'll be there for one day when I go down to Belize on the 8th.
See Terry the Lobster man on the street, some of the best Lobster you will ever eat. Cooked right there on a grill. It is about a 1/4 from the Split Bar..  He has a bunch of Lobster in a 5 gallon bucket and a old Barrel grill... Awesome man to visit with...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g291963-d3237337-Reviews-Terry_s_Grill-Caye_Caulker_Belize_Cayes.html 

Hankweb

BR

FaytownHog

And this is why you stay out towards the islands and not in Belize city.....

Willyboy

Quote from: Joetown Parrothead on February 22, 2013, 07:53:45 am
See Terry the Lobster man on the street, some of the best Lobster you will ever eat. Cooked right there on a grill. It is about a 1/4 from the Split Bar..  He has a bunch of Lobster in a 5 gallon bucket and a old Barrel grill... Awesome man to visit with...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g291963-d3237337-Reviews-Terry_s_Grill-Caye_Caulker_Belize_Cayes.html

I remember that place.  Maybe I can stop by there for lunch

BR

Headed back in 31 days for 17 days this year..
This morning on Ambergris Caye

BR

My friends Scott & Jodie's world famous Palapa Bar, 22 days til there with some Belikin Beer 

McKdaddy

I'll defend Cayo Espanto resort . We are going there again this November. The water clarity was what you'd expect during our lone week there.

http://www.aprivateisland.com/index.html

I like that it only has 7 bungalows on the 4-acre island.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin