Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The two bucks I'm after this season

Started by 195bc, September 05, 2012, 01:37:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

195bc

I've been watching these two bucks all summer. I actually missed the 8 pt last season with a bow. These pics were taken last week under a pear tree 45 yards from my back porch (they are in hard antler as of few days ago). They are there every night with three to five other bucks, including a nice 10 pt that is P&Y, two 9 pts and a couple young 8 pts. Lately, with the bright moon, I can sit in my living room with all the lights off and watch them with my binocs.
I'm in Oklahoma, so I have to wait until Oct. 1 to get after them with a bow.

The 8 pt is the dominant deer. He's probably 30 lbs heavier than 15 pt, and he goes where ever he wants, even when the 15 pt is chasing off all the younger bucks. Last week, nearly all the younger bucks had lost their velvet, and I sat on my back porch just after dark and listened to them sparring in the field about 150 yards away from me, really cool. NOTE: You can't see all the kicker points on the 15 pt from the photo.

Virgil

Nice deer.  How old is that camera?  lol  Those photo's are horrible!! 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

SultanofSwine

Quote from: Virgil on September 05, 2012, 03:37:42 pm
Nice deer.  How old is that camera?  lol  Those photo's are horrible!! 

That's one of those witness protection cameras.

195bc

Those were actually pics I took with my iPhone from video. One night I set my camera to video mode, and than just paused it to take a few a pics with my phone. The real video and pics are good quality. I have about 30 minutes of video of both bucks.

PEtrader

I thought Chris Hansen was going to jump out of that video.

Nice deer though.
Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

SWD26

Very nice bucks, maybe you'll bag one of those opening morning. Good Luck!

hawgwild child

Make sure u post pics.  Waiting till october won't be such a bad thing, the wheather seems to finally be cooling down a bit

Huckleberry Pig

were those pictures taken with a potato? jk

those bucks look great! good luck!

CPO Hog

DeltaBoy

Good looking deer hope you get one soon.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Gone Hoggin

Virgil

It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

bhays

195bc

Update: Two Fridays ago I was walking to my stand a few hours before dark. I'm 60 yds from the tree when the big 8 pt comes running by me and then runs 25 yds from the stand. He never saw me. Apparently something spooked him, and no gaurantee that I could have stopped him had I been in the stand, but I was close, nonetheless.
The same evening, 200 yds away at a feeder, was the tall-tined buck eating corn 10 minutes before dark. I have a stand 15 yds from the feeder.
So I was around both of them that day, but no luck.
I have been around several other nice bucks, including a P&Y 10-pt, but he never presented a shot.
Here in Oklahoma, youth season starts tomorrow, and my 9-year-old is a pretty good shot. So I have high hopes that one of these big boys will be on the ground in the coming day or two.