Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weis is using Mitch to pressure Claussen

Started by JIHawg, January 14, 2006, 09:23:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JIHawg

There is a schollie left this year.  Cluassen is visiting this weekend for junior day per the Notre Dame board.  Weis is telling Claussen to commit for next year's class or he will take Mitch this year.  This per a Notre Dame poster.

toshortrock

thats life,he will not be the star at ND like he would at the U of A,but tired ot talking about it
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

3kgthog

Jabba the Weis playing dirty? No way! I thought he was a saint or that's what seemingly half the Hog nation would have us believe.

MDW

I think IF Charlie Weiss is using that tactic with Clausen then he isn't as smart as people say he is.  Someone who has the options that Jimmy Clausen apparently has doesn't usually respond well to that type of pressure.  Especially if Notre Dame isn't his early runaway leader to begin with.

TerryD

January 14, 2006, 10:28:56 am #4 Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 10:33:38 am by TerryD
  Do you guys actually believe that?

Clausen is on the ND campus today with his family for a Junior Day involving 35 of the top juniors in the country.

I am sure that Mustain is being discussed. However, you would have to be naive to believe that Weis would use such heavy handed tactics on Clausen.

Redbeard

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 14, 2006, 09:34:44 am
Jabba the Weis playing dirty? No way! I thought he was a saint or that's what seemingly half the Hog nation would have us believe.

After reading some of the Notre Dame message boards, I would have to say Weiss is no Saint!  Many refer to Coach Weiss' vulgarity and angry tone with his players as not being a good thing.  Perhaps Mitch should keep this in mind when considering attending Notre Dame.  At least at Arkansas, I don't think Nutt (don't know about Wood) or Gus either one would use strong vulgarity or in your face anger after a botched play, etc.  Just more food for thought.

Hoot72

I wonder if Tennessee hiring Claussen's older brother as a grad ass't will have any influence or where Jimmy goes to school?  Fulmer commented about how much he had to offer and contribute to the program, and all I could think of was -- "Yeah, his little brother."

bald hog

QuoteI don't think Nutt (don't know about Wood) or Gus either one would use strong vulgarity or in your face anger after a botched play, etc.  Just more food for thought.

I did hear Nutt say "shoot" one time. Read his lips. If things get real bad he might use "dadgum"