Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Alabama Defense Statistic I've Heard

Started by Jackrabbit Hog, January 10, 2012, 12:39:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Driving to Wendy's to pick up lunch, was listening to the Scott Van Pelt show.  He said that in 13 games (regular season + last night), Alabama's defense gave up 9 touchdowns........the same number as Clemson gave up in the Orange Bowl.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

code red

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on January 10, 2012, 12:39:17 pm
Driving to Wendy's to pick up lunch, was listening to the Scott Van Pelt show.  He said that in 13 games (regular season + last night), Alabama's defense gave up 9 touchdowns........the same number as Clemson gave up in the Orange Bowl.
And some idiots have Clemson ranked preseason top 5
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: code red on January 10, 2012, 01:27:45 pm

Clemson's bowl performance should get them banned for next year.

Papawhog

Out of the 9 td's Bama gave up, two were from one team .... us.

uams1989

This is true, and you think about it, Arkansas scored two of those and of all schools, GA Southern scored 3.  Take those away, and Bama's D gave up 2 TDs all season to everyone else.

The other TD scores against Bama came from special teams or fumble in the endzone.
"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."

Torqued pork

Neyland had 17 straight shutouts at Tennessee back in '38 and '39.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: uams1989 on January 10, 2012, 01:35:34 pm
This is true, and you think about it, Arkansas scored two of those and of all schools, GA Southern scored 3.  Take those away, and Bama's D gave up 2 TDs all season to everyone else.

The other TD scores against Bama came from special teams or fumble in the endzone.

They did make the point that the TEAM gave up more than 9 TDs, but that some were special teams (GaSouthern had a kickoff return for a TD) and some by the opposing defense.  But TD's by the opponents' offense against Bama's defense = 9.
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

RT1941

Even more shocking is that LSU averaged scoring 40 ppg against their opponents.  They scored 9 pts against bama's defense in two games and an OT.

Saban even said, "they are a hateful bunch", and he's right, they come to the field in a bad mood and as the game wears on, they have every intent of punishing people.  You can see it in their eyes, it's like they start to feed off of each other by the 3rd qtr.
RazorTusk!!!!

uams1989

Quote from: RT1941 on January 10, 2012, 02:03:55 pm
Even more shocking is that LSU averaged scoring 40 ppg against their opponents.  They scored 9 pts against bama's defense in two games and an OT.

Saban even said, "they are a hateful bunch", and he's right, they come to the field in a bad mood and as the game wears on, they have every intent of punishing people.  You can see it in their eyes, it's like they start to feed off of each other by the 3rd qtr.

Yeah, I heard him say that in the presser.  Also, ironic that he said he loved this group as much as any team he's had!  Saban loves mean!!
"They got a name for the winners in the world...
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide..."

cashmoneyman_04

if Saban would have stayed at LSU he would probably have about 5 national championships right now....Too bad for LSU
Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

RT1941

Quote from: uams1989 on January 10, 2012, 02:12:12 pm
Yeah, I heard him say that in the presser.  Also, ironic that he said he loved this group as much as any team he's had!  Saban loves mean!!

Why do you think his rivals call him Satan? 
RazorTusk!!!!

HG

Quote from: RT1941 on January 10, 2012, 02:20:46 pm
Why do you think his rivals call him Satan?

Because "Saran" is too complicated an allusion?

jamie72921

I think Miles not playing Lee at all helped a ton last night.

LSU couldn't run the option with Lee, but they were more dangerous in the passing game.

They had 44 days to do nothing but prepare for Jordan Jefferson. That's only 2 hours worth of material to learn.
Bless your heart

rickm1976

Quote from: code red on January 10, 2012, 01:27:45 pm

Yeah, I saw that, and it is just laughable.  What a joke.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: jamie72921 on January 10, 2012, 03:04:47 pm
I think Miles not playing Lee at all helped a ton last night.

LSU couldn't run the option with Lee, but they were more dangerous in the passing game.

They had 44 days to do nothing but prepare for Jordan Jefferson. That's only 2 hours worth of material to learn.

Nick Saban's Gameplan = "War and Peace"
Les Miles' Gameplan = "See Spot Run" (with pop-ups!)

Aston Martin 8 dude

January 10, 2012, 03:44:09 pm #15 Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 03:46:50 pm by Aston Martin 8 dude
I would have to nickname the 'Bama defense the piranhas.

HG

Quote from: Aston Martin 8 dude on January 10, 2012, 03:44:09 pm
I would have to nickname the 'Bama defense the piranhas.

I would go with "Dino-piranhas vs Tiger-conda"

I...I need to stop watching made-for-TV movies on the Sy-Fy channel.

MacHog19

Quote from: HG on January 10, 2012, 04:32:50 pm
I would go with "Dino-piranhas vs Tiger-conda"

I...I need to stop watching made-for-TV movies on the Sy-Fy channel.
That's funny.

GoHogs1091

There have been some boggling defensive statistics from them the last 2 Seasons.  Unfortunately, a couple of them were against us.

2010 in Fayetteville with us having Mallett, D.J. Williams, Adams, Wright, Childs, and 3 Senior Offensive Linemen-  They held the Hogs Offense to 3 points and 97 Total Yards of Offense in the 2nd Half.

2011 against us-  They held us to 17 Total Rushing Yards.

2011 against Tennessee-  They held Tennessee to 0 First Downs in the 2nd Half.

In 2011 they nearly went a month without allowing a TD.  They allowed one TD on Oct. 15th, and they allowed one TD on November 12th.

2011 Season- They had 3 shutouts. 

2011 against Auburn- They held Auburn to 140 Total Yards of Offense.

Keep in mind that their Defense we will face in 2012 in Fayetteville will be more experienced than their Defense we faced in Fayetteville in 2010.