Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pump Your Brakes

Started by Porked Tongue, November 05, 2017, 07:43:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bphi11ips

Quote from: tusked on November 05, 2017, 11:26:15 am
Guys the hogs aren't going 6-6. 

You have no clue what's going to happen. For all you or anyone of us knows we'll win out including a bowl game. The truth is we have two very winnable games left at home. The fans won't do what they need to do to win those games, but that doesn't mean these players don't have the pride to overcome the lack of fan support. If I were on that team and had given my life to this point to football, I'd want to shove it in the Razorbacks' fans face to show them how wrong they've been.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

hehawg

Quote from: wachhog on November 05, 2017, 11:14:02 am
He has ruined his own reputation as a coach. Unfortunately, I am afraid he and Long have ruined Arkansas' reputation as a place where a coach can succeed. That's the REAL damage to the program. It turns off prospective coaches and prospective players. Petrino had people believing that Arkansas could be a competitive program. That perception is long gone, thanks to Long.

I believe you are correct. I don't see Bret coaching anywhere in the foreseeable future. His arrogance showed in his last pc. He will not save face and negotiate anything other than what his contract states. Unfortunately he is here for the money
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

luke hawg

I completely with porked tongue just going to watch and let it play out. The Arkansas fanbase is 90 percent sure that we will lose out. I've found us to be poor prognosticators in the past.

luke hawg

Our fanbase is as fickle as they come no doubt.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: luke hawg on November 05, 2017, 12:29:06 pm

Fickle? Just imagine if he was at any other SEC school outside of Kentucky and Vandy.

Mr Jade

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 12:20:45 pm
You have no clue what's going to happen. For all you or anyone of us knows we'll win out including a bowl game. The truth is we have two very winnable games left at home. The fans won't do what they need to do to win those games, but that doesn't mean these players don't have the pride to overcome the lack of fan support. If I were on that team and had given my life to this point to football, I'd want to shove it in the Razorbacks' fans face to show them how wrong they've been.

I don't see the winnable game. Miss St. is good, and Mizzou isn't a slouch anymore. Its mathematically possible, but keep in mind we've only beaten 1 SEC school, and they are 4-5 at the moment, just like us. We are playing teams that are 7-2, 6-3, and another 4-5 team. The 7-2 team is at home while the 6-3 is on the road, not a good sign. Possible, but doesn't look likely. We have only won games we are favored to win by Vegas, and sometimes barely. LSU is at 38.8 LSU, 18 Hogs.

Quote from: luke hawg on November 05, 2017, 12:29:06 pm

Other fanbases are the same. Look at LSU.
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 27, 2017, 08:12:12 pmNORVELL, Baby.

*Please refrain from claimin "Pokey guaranteed Norvell!!!"*

Quote from: GuvHog on October 06, 2019, 07:52:47 pm
The game against SJS was an abnormality. Even though the players were cautioned not to, they got caught looking past SJS to A&M. They learned a valuable lesson and I don't see them repeating that mistake.

riccoar

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on November 05, 2017, 12:34:30 pm
Fickle? Just imagine if he was at any other SEC school outside of Kentucky and Vandy.
Yep, Auburn is 7-2 and those folks are acting just like Arkansas fans are at 4-5

porkrindjimmy

So....we got some who run with the "this is a fanbase problem"? It's the fans fault? You got to be sh*tting me?

People being mad, fans booing, fans not showing up...that ain't a fan problem, everyone of those can be laid at Bret Bielema's feet. Every stinking last one of them. Dude came here with his mouth jabbering and almost every decision since that has been wrong, has been boneheaded, has been arrogant and flat out lazy. He doesn't have a leg to stand on for you to defend.

While I agree, you support the players to the end, the players have to know that it isn't directed at them. Even though, as many like to point out here, we have no say so in such things, baw God we do and we have those players best interests at heart. And these players best interest is a change in leadership up there. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

This is on Bret and Jeff. All of it. Complete ownership.

PRJ

Tusks

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 12:20:45 pm

Well one mans winnable games is another mans 'no way in hell'.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Oklahawg

The pressure CBB feels showed up in the presser. First time I have felt that he was emotionally not in control.

Nutt was the master of getting players to rise up and do something they were ill-equipped to actually do. Of course, Nutt would also have a complete no-show (not unlike what we saw yesterday).

We would learn from Orville's Sunday column because it had been dictated to him by JFB, but do not dismiss the fact that the media is beginning to hear whispers and wants to be on the "right side" of things when it plays out.

Like Bgphi11ips suggests, we were supposed to be 6-6 and could very well be 6-6 when the season is done. it is the way it plays out that bothers folks.

To me, outside of Santos Ramirez, De'Jon Harris, and (while in there) Sosa Agim appeared to be the only defensive players who weren't merely "going through the motions." This is not the attacking defense we were promised. Are we still talent deficient?

No need to be acidic about it, as Porked notes. I will cheer for the players knowing that short of a 3-0 run we are likely going to be hiring a new coach soon. And, a 3-0 run simply buys CBB time to land on his feet elsewhere (which always seemed the likely end-game until we were no-shows in a couple of games.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

bphi11ips

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 01:09:01 pm
So....we got some who run with the "this is a fanbase problem"? It's the fans fault? You got to be sh*tting me?

People being mad, fans booing, fans not showing up...that ain't a fan problem, everyone of those can be laid at Bret Bielema's feet. Every stinking last one of them. Dude came here with his mouth jabbering and almost every decision since that has been wrong, has been boneheaded, has been arrogant and flat out lazy. He doesn't have a leg to stand on for you to defend.

While I agree, you support the players to the end, the players have to know that it isn't directed at them. Even though, as many like to point out here, we have no say so in such things, baw God we do and we have those players best interests at heart. And these players best interest is a change in leadership up there. If you can't see that, I can't help you.

PRJ

Part of the problem is the fanbase, prj. Period. If you don't see that you're in denial. Were you there for the TCU game?  It was pitiful. The student section was two-thirds empty at HALFTIME!  That was a pivotal game. Did you watch Iowa State beat TCU? Iowa State rocked the stadium. We pouted.

wildhogman

Quote from: WilsonHog on November 05, 2017, 11:22:23 am
You might have a point about 6-6 (which would assume that, projected or not, 6-6 would be good enough), if two of those four wins weren’t come-from-behind, one-point wins over Ole Miss and Coastal Carolina.

You and I both grew up on Orville Henry and Frank Broyles. Any question in your mind about what either of those gentlemen would be thinking and saying today?
The question is though Wilson. Is Long's boss of the same ilk as Broyles and Orville.  If not then there is no pressure on Long to make a change or if change comes to go a different route then "uncommon". 
I think that's what bothers most live long hogfans right now.  During the citadel game I was sad we were going to lose and embarrassed by it. But I didn't feel hopeless because I knew Broyles and the PTB would right the ship.  I have no such feeling now. They are going to have to prove it.  None the less, I wil wear my hog gear and support my troops, through thick and thin. Anyone who doesn't is committing treason in my eyes. By troops I mean the players. The ones who actually fight the war to win the game.

ricepig

Quote from: wildhogman on November 05, 2017, 02:29:11 pm
The question is though Wilson. Is Long's boss of the same ilk as Broyles and Orville.  If not then there is no pressure on Long to make a change or if change comes to go a different route then "uncommon". 
I think that's what bothers most live long hogfans right now.  During the citadel game I was sad we were going to lose and embarrassed by it. But I didn't feel hopeless because I knew Broyles and the PTB would right the ship.  I have no such feeling now. They are going to have to prove it.  None the less, I wil wear my hog gear and support my troops, through thick and thin. Anyone who doesn't is committing treason in my eyes. By troops I mean the players. The ones who actually fight the war to win the game.

So, the hiring of Ford made you think the "ship was righted", were you giddy on the hiring of Nutt? I don't know that I felt any sense of hiring "program changers" with either of them. I think it's time for a change , but it's going to be costly, either way they go.

lumphog

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 01:09:01 pm

PRJ
DUDE!!!.... We can beat ANYONE... with an interim coach AND... back-up QB

Razorback de Nosferatu

To heck with this "projected to go 6-6" crap.

If you're projected to go 6-6 in year 5 and the best you've done to that point is a Liberty Bowl... that in itself is an issue.

ricepig

Quote from: Razorback de Nosferatu on November 05, 2017, 03:21:21 pm
To heck with this "projected to go 6-6" crap.

If you're projected to go 6-6 in year 5 and the best you've done to that point is a Liberty Bowl... that in itself is an issue.

I think the Belk Bowl was a little more prestigious, haha. People just need to let it play out, barring unforseen circumstances, it will play out as most wish.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 02:18:23 pm
Part of the problem is the fanbase, prj. Period. If you don't see that you're in denial. Were you there for the TCU game?  It was pitiful. The student section was two-thirds empty at HALFTIME!  That was a pivotal game. Did you watch Iowa State beat TCU? Iowa State rocked the stadium. We pouted.

Yeah I was...and yeah the crowd was bad. That is because of not only the in game atmosphere Jeff has ok'ed, it is also the product on the field.

You think after losses to a Rutgers, a Toledo, after running his mouth, Texas Tech beating us, mind numbing decisions, mind blowing losses after big leads that the fans are just supposed to shuffle in and say thank Yee Boss, may I have another?

What you have is a culture problem. When your leadership, Jeff and Bret, preach there is more to football than wins and losses, when you tout GPA's, you tout role models....well, the minions follow...so you got a crowd of people, including students, who go to the games for fun. Socializing and partying.....wins ain't important and it trickles down to the folks in the crowd. The problem is the culture that was cultivated after the Petrino debacle. That lays directly on Jeff for steering that point to where it is today.

You don't see that in Tuscaloosa. They win. That is what matters. As far our football program, that is all that should matter to you. To me, to whomever. And oh yeah, in those polls that matter to our regime, the SEC GPA rankings, Alabama beats us there too.

Jeff and Bret are the owners of this. Them and them only.

PRJ

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 03:30:52 pm
Yeah I was...and yeah the crowd was bad. That is because of not only the in game atmosphere Jeff has ok'ed, it is also the product on the field.

You think after losses to a Rutgers, a Toledo, after running his mouth, Texas Tech beating us, mind numbing decisions, mind blowing losses after big leads that the fans are just supposed to shuffle in and say thank Yee Boss, may I have another?

What you have is a culture problem. When your leadership, Jeff and Bret, preach there is more to football than wins and losses, when you tout GPA's, you tout role models....well, the minions follow...so you got a crowd of people, including students, who go to the games for fun. Socializing and partying.....wins ain't important and it trickles down to the folks in the crowd. The problem is the culture that was cultivated after the Petrino debacle. That lays directly on Jeff for steering that point to where it is today.

You don't see that in Tuscaloosa. They win. That is what matters. As far our football program, that is all that should matter to you. To me, to whomever. And oh yeah, in those polls that matter to our regime, the SEC GPA rankings, Alabama beats us there too.

Jeff and Bret are the owners of this. Them and them only.

PRJ

I was there, too, PRJ, and that was the least fun I've ever had at a Razorback game, and I've attended my share of Razorback losses.

The crowd sucked at the TCU game because the product on the field, especially on offense, was lifeless. Period. There were glimmers of hope, in which the crowd made its share of noise, but those were quickly snuffed out.

Coming into that game, the overwhelming narrative was the TCU game was KEY to a great (9+ win) season. It was also key to getting that awful taste of 2016 out of everyones' mouths.

And what did we get? Uninspired crap.

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 05, 2017, 07:45:47 am
A little bit of clarity, I think if he loses 2 of 3 he goes on his own.  Willingly.

Said it before and I stick with that now.

Up through yesterday's game there was the possibility Long would be forced to act publically before December but it's close enough now that he need do no more than signal there will be a year end review and everyone will settle down and wait it out.

It's an illusion to think these last three games have any impact other than personally to CBB and his staff and to the team.  All the business decisions have already been made by now and the focus of everyone is on next year.

Porked Tongue

Quote from: Locutus_of_Boar on November 05, 2017, 03:55:46 pm
Up through yesterday's game there was the possibility Long would be forced to act publically before December but it's close enough now that he need do no more than signal there will be a year end review and everyone will settle down and wait it out.

It's an illusion to think these last three games have any impact other than personally to CBB and his staff and to the team.  All the business decisions have already been made by now and the focus of everyone is on next year.
Almost completely true. ;)

Cinco de Hogo

Right and your a part of the fan base that is the problem.  Every weakness has its enablers, do you really think that the fans that demand excellence is the problem?  You that have enabled this administration to this point and seem determined to let it continue are the part of the fan base that is the problem.  You own this, no one else.

I support our players 100% dispite what I'm seeing on the field and I hate that they are caught up in this just as much as I hated that they were caught up in it after Long fired Petrino.  The fact that they are is not a fan issue, my God we support this program year after year why beyond what would seem like our means are.  We build the facilities and we compete dollar for dollar with the elite in this country.  Let me also add that you cared nothing about the players when Petrino was fired and Long choose to change the course of the football team by hiring a coach who's Philosophy was opposite Petrino's.  I cared, I cared a heck of a lot and I voiced that.

For thirty five years now over and over we have had to put up with sub-par coaching and beyond that an administration that doesn't have the drive, ambition and foresight to see through what very easily could be.  Ask any fan if they expect to be Bama, that's not what we expect, but you did when we had Petrino.  YOU said it many times, "but he can't beat Bama".  So who is the problem with expectations?  You are the problem!

I'm here to tell you that ever experience I have in life tells me that not only CBB(who sometimes I kinda feel sorry for because he got in over his head)but Jeff Long and the administration above him are the real problems, and yes it's been thirty five year or more.  If we aren't going to be a football school we do not, let me repeat, we do not belong in the SEC because we are repeatedly going to have our heads on the proverbial platter.

I wasn't too mad about the game yesterday but reading the post on Hogville today had got me madder than hades.  You bunch of imbeciles will keep doing this as long as you live because in the end you had rather us lose and be a laughingstock and you had rather make fun of Arkansas and the fan base than win football games.  This is what you have proven to me and I think thirty five years is enough.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on November 05, 2017, 04:32:25 pm
Right and your a part of the fan base that is the problem.  Every weakness has its enablers, do you really think that the fans that demand excellence is the problem?  You that have enabled this administration to this point and seem determined to let it continue are the part of the fan base that is the problem.  You own this, no one else.

I support our players 100% dispite what I'm seeing on the field and I hate that they are caught up in this just as much as I hated that they were caught up in it after Long fired Petrino.  The fact that they are is not a fan issue, my God we support this program year after year why beyond what would seem like our means are.  We build the facilities and we compete dollar for dollar with the elite in this country.  Let me also add that you cared nothing about the players when Petrino was fired and Long choose to change the course of the football team by hiring a coach who's Philosophy was opposite Petrino's.  I cared, I cared a heck of a lot and I voiced that.

For thirty five years now over and over we have had to put up with sub-par coaching and beyond that an administration that doesn't have the drive, ambition and foresight to see through what very easily could be.  Ask any fan if they expect to be Bama, that's not what we expect, but you did when we had Petrino.  YOU said it many times, "but he can't beat Bama".  So who is the problem with expectations?  You are the problem!

I'm here to tell you that ever experience I have in life tells me that not only CBB(who sometimes I kinda feel sorry for because he got in over his head)but Jeff Long and the administration above him are the real problems, and yes it's been thirty five year or more.  If we aren't going to be a football school we do not, let me repeat, we do not belong in the SEC because we are repeatedly going to have our heads on the proverbial platter.

I wasn't too mad about the game yesterday but reading the post on Hogville today had got me madder than hades.  You bunch of imbeciles will keep doing this as long as you live because in the end you had rather us lose and be a laughingstock and you had rather make fun of Arkansas and the fan base than win football games.  This is what you have proven to me and I think thirty five years is enough.

Zing.....

Stay angry my friend....

PRJ

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 04:42:18 pm
Zing.....

Stay angry my friend....

PRJ

Angry just takes years off your life, leave it to others, lol.

rhames

Arkansas isn't going to a bowl game lol.

They will lose to miss state, and AT BEST split LSU and mizzou.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

rhames

Yeah. It's the fans' fault that we suck.

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: rhames on November 05, 2017, 04:48:11 pm
Arkansas is going to a bowl game lol.

They will lose to miss state, and AT BEST split LSU and mizzou.

LSU will have a hog killing Sat.

Guice will probably romp for 300+ against this D.

PRJ

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 04:43:37 pm
Angry just takes years off your life, leave it to others, lol.

Hell, it adds years to mine. My Doc tells me everytime I go in  to keep raising hell, it does a body good......

PRJ

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 04:42:18 pm
Zing.....

Stay angry my friend....

PRJ

Oh I've been angry(except for four years) since 2001 when I gave up my season tickets and stopped donating.  That's another story! 

rhames

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on November 05, 2017, 04:49:48 pm
LSU will have a hog killing Sat.

Guice will probably romp for 300+ against this D.

PRJ

I agree. We lose but I think the game could be closer due to the time the bama hangover.

State will rock our world.

EastexHawg

Quote from: shown006 on November 05, 2017, 07:59:00 am
So, if he goes 0-3 it's a sure thing he'll willingly go on his own?  Based on the players lack of effort yesterday, and two more sure upcoming losses, they will be lifeless in front of 40-45k on the Friday after Thanksgiving against Missouri.

40 to 45K after losses to LSU and Mississippi State?  Is Missouri going to bring 15 to 20K?

hog_fan

I see BB as a stubborn man who still believes he can fix things. Not convinced he will be willing to resign and take a negotiated buyout.

Vantage 8 dude

Well don't expect tremendous excitement after five years of this sewage. Nope, plenty of folks, including me, have continued to attend games, buy tickets and otherwise contribute to supporting the program. However, after a while virtually anyone is going to finally say "enough is enough". So we're expected to go down and play for the team now as well? How about coaching the team; however, on second thought that might not be the worse idea that's come down the pike. At least some of these kids who actually might be able to contribute, such as one TJ Hammonds, might actually get on the field or play more than a handful of plays. So you keep lying to yourself that "it's all the fan's fault" 'cause they refuse to continue putting up with this compost heap we continue to see week after week.

I do feel bad for the kids who are giving it their all. However, you won't hear me shed one tear for an administration and/or coaching staff that tries to continually feed us a line of crap every week. Yep, just another great week of practice and of course, we're "oh so close". What hooey.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 05, 2017, 06:16:25 pm
Well don't expect tremendous excitement after five years of this sewage. Nope, plenty of folks, including me, have continued to attend games, buy tickets and otherwise contribute to supporting the program. However, after a while virtually anyone is going to finally say "enough is enough". So we're expected to go down and play for the team now as well? How about coaching the team; however, on second thought that might not be the worse idea that's come down the pike. At least some of these kids who actually might be able to contribute, such as one TJ Hammonds, might actually get on the field or play more than a handful of plays. So you keep lying to yourself that "it's all the fan's fault" 'cause they refuse to continue putting up with this compost heap we continue to see week after week.

I do feel bad for the kids who are giving it their all. However, you won't hear me shed one tear for an administration and/or coaching staff that tries to continually feed us a line of crap every week. Yep, just another great week of practice and of course, we're "oh so close". What hooey.

I'm pretty sure he said "part" of the problem, not all of the problem.

bphi11ips

Quote from: rhames on November 05, 2017, 04:49:10 pm

Yeah. It's the fans' fault that we suck.

The fanbase is partly to blame.

prj knows this.  ricepig knows this.  Wilson knows this.  Hell - Lanny and HiM know this:

Arkansas beat number one USC 22-7 in 1974 because of 54,000 maniacs in WMS.  Arkansas beat number 2 and 10-0 Texas A&M 31-6 in 1975 because of 54,000 maniacs in WMS.  Arkansas beat number 1 Texas 42-11 in 1981 because of 43,000 screaming maniacs in Razorback Stadium.  Iowa State beat TCU last week because of 56,000 screaming maniacs in Jack Trice Stadium.  TCU beat Arkansas in DWRRS because about 65,000 came and went and sat on their hands and bitched about concessions and no internet and the kicker. 

This ain't the way it used to be, gentlemen.

okrazorback

Why would he leave on his own and give up 5 million dollars?

MikePiazza

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 08:30:21 pm
The fanbase is partly to blame.

prj knows this.  ricepig knows this.  Wilson knows this.  Hell - Lanny and HiM know this:

Arkansas beat number one USC 22-7 in 1974 because of 54,000 maniacs in WMS.  Arkansas beat number 2 and 10-0 Texas A&M 31-6 in 1975 because of 54,000 maniacs in WMS.  Arkansas beat number 1 Texas 42-11 in 1981 because of 43,000 screaming maniacs in Razorback Stadium.  Iowa State beat TCU last week because of 56,000 screaming maniacs in Jack Trice Stadium.  TCU beat Arkansas in DWRRS because about 65,000 came and went and sat on their hands and bitched about concessions and no internet and the kicker. 

This ain't the way it used to be, gentlemen.

Lol, so when Arkansas wins games it's because fans showed up and were loud but when they lose games it's because the fans didn't show up and weren't loud. None of the players or the coaching or the other teams' players or coaching have any effect, just the crowd noise and the numerical count.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

bphi11ips

Quote from: MikePiazza on November 05, 2017, 09:27:52 pm
Lol, so when Arkansas wins games it's because fans showed up and were loud but when they lose games it's because the fans didn't show up and weren't loud. None of the players or the coaching or the other teams' players or coaching have any effect, just the crowd noise and the numerical count.

Either you get this or you don't.  If you don't you don't know much about football...or human nature.

Home field advantage even applies in the pros.  When your stadium is less than full and your fans let you know they think you suck, it makes a difference.

Arkansas used to be great because they had an entire state behind them.  Like urkillinmesmalls said here years ago, you don't know what you've got til it's gone.

Good luck.

hog_fan

Quote from: okrazorback on November 05, 2017, 08:59:01 pm
Why would he leave on his own and give up 5 million dollars?

I believe they want him to resign and take a negotiated buyout. I agree from his point of view why not force a firing so you get all the money? I also think they like to see him take another job.

MikePiazza

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 09:41:26 pm
Either you get this or you don't.  If you don't you don't know much about football...or human nature.

Home field advantage even applies in the pros.  When your stadium is less than full and your fans let you know they think you suck, it makes a difference.

Arkansas used to be great because they had an entire state behind them.  Like urkillinmesmalls said here years ago, you don't know what you've got til it's gone.

Good luck.

It was a lot easier to be totally behind the team when there was real coaching and real talent in the program, when you had coaching legends like Frank Broyles and Lou Holtz and Ken Hatfield and not even going to list all the talented players who suited up then.

Plus games weren't always televised, and there wasn't social media to find out stuff about the team on a 24-7 basis like there is now. Lot of factors behind why the games aren't as highly attended.

Remember the 2010 Alabama game? That was the loudest game in the history of RRS, the biggest crowd ever, and the team lost. Was that the fans' fault that the team lost? Greg McElroy, to this day, says that was the loudest stadium he ever played in.

grayhawg

Quote from: hog_fan on November 05, 2017, 09:46:37 pm
I believe they want him to resign and take a negotiated buyout. I agree from his point of view why not force a firing so you get all the money? I also think they like to see him take another job.
Maybe even help him get another job, I think that's been done before.

rtr

To blame the Arkansas fans at this point for this mss is the argument of a loser and shows lack of cognition.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

bphi11ips

Quote from: MikePiazza on November 05, 2017, 09:49:53 pm
It was a lot easier to be totally behind the team when there was real coaching and real talent in the program, when you had coaching legends like Frank Broyles and Lou Holtz and Ken Hatfield and not even going to list all the talented players who suited up then.

Plus games weren't always televised, and there wasn't social media to find out stuff about the team on a 24-7 basis like there is now. Lot of factors behind why the games aren't as highly attended.

Remember the 2010 Alabama game? That was the loudest game in the history of RRS, the biggest crowd ever, and the team lost. Was that the fans' fault that the team lost? Greg McElroy, to this day, says that was the loudest stadium he ever played in.

What did you not understand about "part of the problem"?  Show me where I said Arkansas always wins sold out, loud home games.  Were you at the TCU game?  I was.  Arkansas was 1-0. Everyone who gave a rat's ass about Arkansas football knew that was a pivotal game.  It was the CBS 2:30 game of the week for crying out loud.  The fans failed the team - from the time they walked across Razorback Road to the stadium before the game to the final whistle. 

Razorbacks fans are nothing like they used to be.  Period.

rtr

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 10:02:36 pm

Neither are the coaches.  Nothing against you bphi11ps, you are a great supporter of the Hogs.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Porkchop#1

Quote from: wachhog on November 05, 2017, 11:14:02 am
He has ruined his own reputation as a coach. Unfortunately, I am afraid he and Long have ruined Arkansas' reputation as a place where a coach can succeed. That's the REAL damage to the program. It turns off prospective coaches and prospective players. Petrino had people believing that Arkansas could be a competitive program. That perception is long gone, thanks to Long.
That's the very thing I tried to warn the masses about during Jessica gate...but they were hell bent on showing that Bobby who's the boss.  They were drunk on wise AD Long's homebrew integrity drink.

And poor ole Bret Bielema needs to go back to coaching school...he really doesn't have a clue.  But he's gotten rich delivering this extremely poor job here for the Razorbacks.  Him & Long both need gone ASAP.

MikePiazza

What did you not understand about "part of the problem"?  Show me where I said Arkansas always wins sold out, loud home games.  Were you at the TCU game?  I was.  Arkansas was 1-0. Everyone who gave a rat's ass about Arkansas football knew that was a pivotal game.  It was the CBS 2:30 game of the week for crying out loud.  The fans failed the team - from the time they walked across Razorback Road to the stadium before the game to the final whistle. 

I was at the TCU game and the crowd was a factor in the game until about 5:00 to go when TCU effectively put the game out of reach. So it's a little bit of revisionist history from you to suggest that the crowd was the reason Arkansas lost that game.

grayhawg

Could be because Razorback football ain't what it used to be, I think the product deteriorated at the same time cost went up, both before the fans started to back off.

rzrbackramsfan

I've actually been impressed with Arkansas fans this year, at least before the CC game.

bphi11ips

Quote from: rtr on November 05, 2017, 10:03:40 pm
Neither are the coaches.  Nothing against you bphi11ps, you are a great supporter of the Hogs.

In fairness, Wilson asked earlier what Frank and Orville would say right now.  They would say what they always said - win and they will come. 

Looks like we have a chicken and egg problem at the moment.  For now, where Mississippi State and Missouri are concerned, I'd say "Go and we will win."

bphi11ips

Quote from: MikePiazza on November 05, 2017, 10:11:21 pm
I was at the TCU game and the crowd was a factor in the game until about 5:00 to go when TCU effectively put the game out of reach. So it's a little bit of revisionist history from you to suggest that the crowd was the reason Arkansas lost that game.

That is complete crap.

MikePiazza

Quote from: bphi11ips on November 05, 2017, 10:16:03 pm
That is complete crap.

Other people who were there please feel free to chime in. The crowd was not milquetoast the entire game like this clown is trying to suggest.