Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is NOT time to empty the stadium

Started by FANONTHEHILL, November 05, 2017, 12:16:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Starcs

HR Piganstuff

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2017, 05:51:36 pm
Nope, youngest had a golf tournament scheduled for Germantown, but had a medical situation that caused him to withdraw. I had already told my daughter to use the tickets. The lack of class fans at my house were cussing at the TV, it was beyond reasoning to watch our defense give up play after play.
Quote from: The ColonelHog on November 05, 2017, 05:49:35 pm
What is he right about?  Although I sympathize with his post, I'm not going to sit here and say he is right for several reasons.

1.  NW AR only will NEVER fill that stadium.  There's a garbage product on the field produced by the entire UA sports administration but you think people are going to drive 4-7 hours for the kids?  Nope!  It doesn't happen anywhere and it's not going to happen here.

2.  There's not much to do in Arkansas but deer season is upon us.  That's almost as sacred as UA football.  So you expect people to lose the upcoming weekends of hunting to watch this product?

3.  Do it for the kids!  WHAT?  These are not kids, they are young men and know about what's going on in that program!  I would be less than a man to approach the family of a recruit and put on rose colored glasses to cover for this HOT MESS!

4.  Hard decisions are a part of life in adulthood and these young men are adults!  It's time for several of them to make decisions about their future and it should not be dependent on how many folks come out to praise a pitiful product on Saturdays!

5.  Nobody is boycotting Hog Football.  Unlike most on here, I understand human nature and people are not going to invest the time to sit in a stadium and watch a terrible product!  Can they get their money back?  No because nobody will even buy the ticket for pennies on the dollar from them.  So guess what most rational people do, cut their loses and find something else to do with their time!

6.  It's not just happening at UA, it happens across the college football landscape everywhere!  Did you see the lack of attendance in the upper decks at LSU when they played Auburn?  What about aTm in the 4th quarter Saturday?  What about the empty seats at the USC game?  There's too many other things to do than watch a terrible football team!

7.  You were one of the ones who drunk the BB kool aide or bought his snake oil because you let your son go there.  Do you really think people are going to sacrifice their valuable time "for the kids" to watch pure crap?  You told us all about the culture change and all the leaders stepping up and that everything is going to be different because of a new found commitment!  Things changed alright!  Players playing out of position!  Players that should never touch the field playing!  Play makers buried on the bench!  A coaching staff that has no clue who is in the game!  A coaching staff that doesn't teach all the plays to the most dynamic players!  A coaching staff that CLEARLY plays the favorite game like it's pee wee coaches who play their woeful kids!  Now you expect fans to bail out this mess!

8. Nobody has confidence in anything Hog football so why go?  Apathy has set in and folks are doing other things with their time as is the case with every garbage sports team, pro or college...

9.  Stop the best fan crap!  I've been in Norman for gameday, lived in Oklahoma for 2 years!  You know what the difference is, they DEMAND better!  I lived outside of Manhattan, KS.  You know what I saw, Wildcat plates on every car, signs in every yard, and full stadiums and traffic jams on game day!  What about Louisiana?  You have no clue about that fan base!  They love football, love the Tigers, and won't, in any circumstance settle for a garbage program!  NO, UA fans are not the best in the country, they are just like every other program in the country with the exception, some DEMAND excellence and we don't!  So stop the self proclaiming sunshine pumping because I've been around a lot of sports in a lot of places and there is absolutely NOTHING about the UA fan base that sets it apart from any other!

10.  Now if I were the father of a young man playing ball at UA, I would be laser focused on the events of the next 3 weeks and if the UA administration is going to fail my son, I wouldn't!  I'd recommend he put himself in a situation that is most advantageous to him!

Fans aren't coming back to the stadium!  That's a done deal!  It's supply and demand and the product isn't worth the time and money!  You think the HC crowd was bad?  Wait until you see who show up after LSU run up a 52-10 butt whipping! 

It's not the fans who are failing the young men on the team, it's the UA sports administration!

Amen

Pork Twain

November 06, 2017, 10:20:06 pm #302 Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:15:38 pm by Pork Twain
Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 09:56:39 am
Nope, they are more concerned about what is written on HV.......
Nope, they only care about the product on the field and the amount of people in the stands.  Unlike those that think their emails matter, few on here act like what is said here really matters.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

PonderinHog

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 05, 2017, 03:52:34 pm
He knows...we've been disagreeing about ish for 35 years!  He's one of my best friends!
With friends like that, who needs enemies!   ;)

Oklahawg

Quote from: PonderinHog on November 06, 2017, 10:25:55 pm

Hey, now, I resemble that remark!
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

PonderinHog

TazorTusk

The OP and I share one common concern -- recruiting.

I may enjoy following recruiting just as much as I enjoy following the team in season.

I've not been a Bielema hater or a Bielema lover, but my love for recruiting has led me to a conclusion in the past few weeks.  In my opinion, his lack of productivity on the field with the subsequent discontent it has produced have significantly impaired his recruiting abilities.  Whatever abilities he might have had in the early years of his being here, I believe these have now been eroded beyond repair.

So, while I greatly empathize with FOTH and the current team members, I can also see why devoted fans would choose to not attend games if they perceive this as the only way to bring about a coaching change.

Best of luck to Coach and Jen and the little one, but I sincerely hope he does not return to coach the Hogs next year.  It has been a while since recruiting has been very exciting, and I'd rather have a temporary downturn in this year's recruiting (when we only have about 15 openings) than to see us tail off further in the future in this area (when more scholarships are at stake).

Ex-Trumpet

Yeah, I really need to get out more, broaden my horizons...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

ricepig

Keep your friends close, and your enemies..............I go with buried, but some say closer.

twistitup

Quote from: ricepig on November 07, 2017, 12:29:21 pm
Keep your friends close, and your enemies..............I go with buried, but some say closer.

trotline bait
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Oklahawg

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 07, 2017, 11:34:10 am
Yeah, I really need to get out more, broaden my horizons...

I thought your horizons were already pretty broad....
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra